For those who have given birth - how is your SO?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is he helping out as much as you would like?

If he is a first time dad, is he doing as well as you thought he would?

June 15th, 2011, 11:12 AM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH has been great. I've only changed probably 5 diapers since she was born. Between him and mom (she's in town until Friday) I haven't had to do much except feed her and love on her

He's having a hard time being at work now though (he isn't taking time off now since my mom is in town). He'd rather be cuddling his little girl.
June 15th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is great with helping out. Always is

7/24/12
10/09/12
June 15th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is wonderful and there is no way I could handle two without him. He changes diapers willing (though he willing gives them to me when he can ... he says he will change plenty when I go back to work). He walks them around the house when they are fussy. I just love watching him with them. He talks to them and "plays" with them, though they are too young to notice of course. He was holding Noah up the other day so Noah's feet just touched DH's lap and telling Noah to practice using his legs .... maybe you had to be there, but it was cute

Yes, they frustrate him at times when they are fussy, but we trade on and off so we stay sane.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
June 15th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He has been wonderful. I have to tell him to go back to bed in the middle of the night. He wants so badly to help me but since he can't breastfeed he should get some sleep. He always wants to carry Sawyer around. He's the one that holds him at the dr office or midwife visits.

June 18th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's doing pretty well

He is a seasoned Dad, but that said he tries so hard to make everything 'right & perfect,' that he can drive me a little batty at times. But that said I do love him for trying

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
June 18th, 2011, 07:14 AM
kamiyu910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kamiyu910
My DH is doing pretty awesomely
He keeps telling me how awesome and amazing I am And he's the master of swaddling now. He's not bad at changing the diaper either
June 18th, 2011, 07:31 AM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH is SO helpful when it comes to our older son. He totally is entertaining him and keeping him busy so I can do baby things. He never was really good at the infant stage and I think feel a little uncomfortable. Fine by me, I get to hog the baby! Don't get me wrong, he does help out with the baby, gives him a bottle and changes diapers, but he feels more comfortable with Kyle. I think what we have going on works great for us.

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
June 18th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Veteran
Is he helping out as much as you would like? yes.....he is very enthusiastic w the cooing and cuddling....he has trouble w diapers...she so little and his hands are huge ....so his nerves get bad ...he thinks he is gonna hurt her....but he getting better at that ....he is petrified to bathe her ---he said no water for him until he can master the diaper w-out fear : ) and I do all the bf.....so as soon as I introduce the bottle and supplemental formula he will get more time in w her....he really looking forward to that x but he knows I wanna exclusively bf as long as I can get away w it so he is patiently waiting....sadly I tried to pump again this time and it took me 50 min and got only 15ml.....
If he is a first time dad, is he doing as well as you thought he would?
technically 1st x Dad as in this is his 1st and only exposure to an infant ever....but he has been stepdad to my older 3 DD's

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search