5 for Friday

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Happy Mommy
1. When you go to the store and but "ground beef" do you ask for Ground beef or Hamburger?

2. what percentage of Ground beef do you buy?

3. Do you buy pre packaged meat or from the meat counter?

4. What is the last food you grilled?

5. if you eat a 'kabob do you do chicken or beef?
June 17th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
1. When you go to the store and but "ground beef" do you ask for Ground beef or Hamburger? ground beef, but I never ask for it. I usually get the Tube 'o beef

2. what percentage of Ground beef do you buy? we don't have percentages. I buy lean ground beef

3. Do you buy pre packaged meat or from the meat counter? prepackaged

4. What is the last food you grilled? hamburgers lol

5. if you eat a 'kabob do you do chicken or beef? beef. Since my pregnancy with DD, I am not a fan of chicken
June 17th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
1. When you go to the store and but "ground beef" do you ask for Ground beef or Hamburger?
Ground beef

Depends on what I'm making. Usually 93/7 or 90/10, but sometimes 85/15

Depends on where I'm at. At the butcher shop, from the counter; at the grocery store, prepackaged

I think it was steak, chicken, sausage, burgers, corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, peppers, and mushrooms

Beef - but I'll take plain ol' veggie kabobs too.
June 17th, 2011, 09:30 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
1. When you go to the store and but "ground beef" do you ask for Ground beef or Hamburger? ground beef

2. what percentage of Ground beef do you buy? depends on how much money I want to spend and what I'm using it for

3. Do you buy pre packaged meat or from the meat counter? prepackaged unless the meat counter has a good deal

4. What is the last food you grilled? we had steaks last night

5. if you eat a 'kabob do you do chicken or beef? shrimp I've never done kabobs with chicken or beef

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

June 17th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. When you go to the store and but "ground beef" do you ask for Ground beef or Hamburger? Ground beef.

2. what percentage of Ground beef do you buy? Depends on what I'm using it for.

3. Do you buy pre packaged meat or from the meat counter? Depends on where I am, and again, what I'm using it for.

4. What is the last food you grilled? Shrimp.

5. if you eat a 'kabob do you do chicken or beef? Beef.
June 17th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. When you go to the store and but "ground beef" do you ask for Ground beef or Hamburger? Ground beef

2. what percentage of Ground beef do you buy? Depends on what we're making.... 85%/15% if I can drain it, otherwise 93%/7% for stuff like meatloaf that is cooked in

3. Do you buy pre packaged meat or from the meat counter? Pre-packaged

4. What is the last food you grilled? I don't know how to grill... so I haven't grilled anything...ever

5. if you eat a 'kabob do you do chicken or beef? Chicken... I hate beef
June 17th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Kim
1. When you go to the store and but "ground beef" do you ask for Ground beef or Hamburger? we get beef from my dad, who buys a half a beef every year. When I tell DH to get it from the freezer downstairs, I ask him to get hamburger

2. what percentage of Ground beef do you buy? when we do buy it, we buy lean ground beef; no percentages

3. Do you buy pre packaged meat or from the meat counter? pre-packaged

4. What is the last food you grilled? smokies for supper last night

5. if you eat a 'kabob do you do chicken or beef? either/or

June 17th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
1. When you go to the store and but "ground beef" do you ask for Ground beef or Hamburger? ground beef

2. what percentage of Ground beef do you buy? depends on the meal. 80/20 for most stuff, but sometimes I'll get 93/7

3. Do you buy pre packaged meat or from the meat counter? usually packaged

4. What is the last food you grilled? dogs on the grill a few weeks ago.

5. if you eat a 'kabob do you do chicken or beef? I've never eaten a kabob.
June 17th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Happy Mommy

2. what percentage of Ground beef do you buy? 93%

3. Do you buy pre packaged meat or from the meat counter? meat counter, the local grocery store I go to, doesn't have any pre-packaged

4. What is the last food you grilled? steaks

5. if you eat a 'kabob do you do chicken or beef? usually chicken, but I really want a beef one.
June 17th, 2011, 05:15 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. When you go to the store and but "ground beef" do you ask for Ground beef or Hamburger? Ground beef

2. what percentage of Ground beef do you buy? Depends. Usually 93/7 or 90/10, but some recipes do need a little more fat.

3. Do you buy pre packaged meat or from the meat counter? Prepackaged

4. What is the last food you grilled? Me personally? Salmon. But that was several months ago. However, my dad is constantly grilling food all the time. Two nights ago he grilled teriyaki steaks that were sooooo good.

5. if you eat a 'kabob do you do chicken or beef? Either one, although shrimp is my favorite kind of kabob.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

June 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. When you go to the store and but "ground beef" do you ask for Ground beef or Hamburger? I call it ground beef

2. what percentage of Ground beef do you buy? To be honest, I have no idea, lol We buy it in bulk, usually about 100lbs at a time and keep it frozen, so I'm not sure what it is. It's usually the fattier stuff, but when I cook it, I drain and rinse the fat off

3. Do you buy pre packaged meat or from the meat counter? See above

4. What is the last food you grilled? We did grilled chicken the other night, but had to do it on the small electric grill since it was raining DH loves to grill, so we grill at least once a week in the summer

5. if you eat a 'kabob do you do chicken or beef? chicken

Expecting baby #4!

June 17th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. When you go to the store and buy "ground beef" do you ask for Ground beef or Hamburger? We don't ask for it. It's all in a refrigerated type area so we pick it out ourselves. We get ground beef.

2. what percentage of Ground beef do you buy? We get 90/10. The lean ground beef.

3. Do you buy pre packaged meat or from the meat counter? Pre packaged meat.

4. What is the last food you grilled? DH smoked a brisket and grilled stuffed jalapenos with his family.

5. if you eat a 'kabob do you do chicken or beef? I like either, but haven't had much chicken since being pregnant. So I'd go with beef.

June 17th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1. When you go to the store and buy "ground beef" do you ask for Ground beef or Hamburger?
We don't buy or eat ground beef much, but usually it's just sitting there so there is no asking.

20/80? Not really sure

Pre-packaged. Also in true Alaska fashion we hunt(or know people who do) so there is a lot of hunted meat in our freezer.

Moose steaks. We had a "moose party" a bit ago.

Either, though usually moose and shrimp with veggies.
June 18th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrowe70 View Post
1. When you go to the store and buy "ground beef" do you ask for Ground beef or Hamburger?
We don't buy or eat ground beef much, but usually it's just sitting there so there is no asking.

20/80? Not really sure

Pre-packaged. Also in true Alaska fashion we hunt(or know people who do) so there is a lot of hunted meat in our freezer.

Moose steaks. We had a "moose party" a bit ago.

Either, though usually moose and shrimp with veggies.
I'm curious, how does moose taste? I've had venison, boar, and some other game meats, but never moose, elk or reindeer. Is it stronger/gamier than venison? Is it very lean?
June 18th, 2011, 07:04 AM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Never asked for it, we always buy it pre-packaged.

DB buys the huge log of ground beef and I think it's 80/20. I always drain all of the fat off I actually much prefer ground turkey and usually buy a little tube of ground turkey for myself.

Pre-packaged

I never use the grill, but DB grills stuff a lot. I think the last thing he made was filet mignon (but I don't like steak so I didn't eat it )

chicken! DB makes awesome chicken kabobs and I'm just not a big beef person.

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

June 18th, 2011, 06:43 PM
mico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Well, these first three questions don't apply to me because my family owns a beef cattle farm, so I have never in my life bought beef in a store. We get our own cows butchered and then have steak, hamburgers, loose ground meat, roasts, and all kinds of good stuff in our deep freeze all the time!

4. What is the last food you grilled? Well, we just got home from camping, so we grilled everything over the fire, but before that, I did burgers and mushrooms on the grill on Wednesday. We use our grill all year round, even in 3 feet of snow!

5. if you eat a 'kabob do you do chicken or beef? both!

Thank you brie_91 for my Siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search