contractions, or...? worried

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 01:58 PM
This is THE first night of my entire pregnancy that I've been kept awake by discomfort. I have been doing Hynobabies since 28 weeks and it has helped me to sleep a lot. I've had an easy pregnancy and have felt well. But suddenly today I can't sleep because of pressure and discomfort.

Earlier in the day yesterday I had some diarrhea and gas. I actually had my 32-week appointment yesterday, and everything looked absolutely normal. I was going to mention the diarrhea to my doctor but by that time I was feeling better. Then this evening I started feeling abdominal pressure again, and changing position doesn't seem to help much (though laying down might be the worst). It doesn't feel like cramps, which is what a lot of people say labor feels like. It feels like bad gas- it doesn't extend to my back. It is true though that when it feels the worst my abdomen feels tighter to the touch, though it feels pretty tight in general. I feel baby moving normally. There is no discharge. Ugh, I just feel so full and so much pressure (not on my pelvic floor or anything like that, just in my general abdomen area).

I am sitting here trying to eat some prunes to see if that allows me to pass any gas. I am getting nervous- do these sound like preterm labor contractions to you? I haven't had any Braxton-Hicks so far, so I have nothing to compare these to...
June 17th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you timed them? Have you been drinking lots of water and lying down?

If they are real contractions, they will be somewhat regular and consistent. The water and lying down won't stop real contractions.

Do you feel them coming on, increasing, peaking, and decreasing? I always think of mountains with this. I'm not sure about BH, but that's how real contractions feel.

If they are regular, even after drinking lots of water and resting, call your dr if you're having more than 4 an hour. It could be, but maybe not too. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck and KUP
June 17th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Happy Mommy
odds are your lose bowels aer what is causing the contractions, and not really labor.

I hope you feel better, knowing you are having diarreah I wouldn't really think eating prunes would be the best idea ???
June 17th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I haven't had any diarrhea recently, that was much earlier in the day yesterday. I felt this uncomfortable pressure earlier in the day (though not as bad as now) and once I was able to poo a little and pass some gas I felt better (and went to my doctor's appt after that). My doctor is thorough and if my cervix was effaced or there were other prelabor symptoms I'm sure she would have noticed. I am still worried though...

The pressure is definitely more than 4 an hour. I am not sure if they are getting closer together or not, I'm going to go back and lay down in a minute and time them. They don't exactly feel like mountains, like you said- they don't really increase, peak and decrease, but it's more like my abdomen/bowels are seized by pressure and then it passes and I just feel somewhat uncomfortable again. I'm going to try to wait a bit more if things don't get worse and then head to the hospital- I'm in Korea and have never been to the ER before, would rather not find out what it's like!
June 17th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's sounds like gas pains. Good luck.
June 17th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Happy Mommy
^^yep, my money is on it's all intestinal. I'd just rest and treat it as a stomach bug of sorts.

hope you feel better
June 17th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Well, luckily when I tried to go back to sleep again I was finally able to get to sleep on my right side (which confirms for me that it's intestinal trouble, as the right side is supposed to be the side to lie on with stomach trouble). Every time I would try to turn to my left side (which I know is better for baby, and how I have generally been sleeping) it would get worse. I was able to sleep a few more hours before my right leg fell asleep (which has happened to me every time I have inadvertently turned to the right rather than the left during the night). My intestines have been known to tie themselves up in knots even when I'm not pregnant, and I guess the baby pushing on my intestines and maybe a combination of not digesting something properly led to this weird, disconcerting contraction feeling.

I'm gonna go to eat a bunch of bran cereal and hope this gets better over the course of the day and that I don't have a repeat tonight. Very happy I didn't have to go to the ER!
June 18th, 2011, 06:33 AM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
Feel better!
June 20th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
odds are your lose bowels aer what is causing the contractions, and not really labor.

I hope you feel better, knowing you are having diarreah I wouldn't really think eating prunes would be the best idea ???
I agree. Hope they ease up for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search