Urethra pain, but no UTI?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Super Mommy
Ok, I woke up with some pain in my urethra area and some tenderness in my pelvis so I called the doc thinking I had the start of a UTI, and started popping cranberry supplements, and drinking a lot of water. They had me come in and went ahead and did my 30 week appt since I was scheduled to come in on Monday, but she said my urine was as clean as a whistle so no UTI. She said they would still send it in for cultures to be sure and she called me in the meds that I had to take earlier in the pregnancy when they found the GBS in my urine, but I am sooo not happy with having pain there! What else could it be? Any thoughts?

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 17th, 2011, 02:11 PM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine always came back clean in the office, it's when they sent it off and got the results back is when they would say I had a uti. It still could be a uti, try to drink cranberry juice and water. Not sure of what else it could be though....maybe some of the other ladies might have some better ideas...

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
June 17th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Happy Mommy
sounds like normal end of pregnancy pains, due to size of baby and the pressure...

i hope you get some relief!
June 17th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Super Mommy
Well now I'm getting shooting sharp pains in my pee hole This has to be a UTI or something...Ouch!

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 17th, 2011, 02:52 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
What usually happends to me is I get that pain when I start to get a UTI, I get checked and it's clean, but it keeps persisting, so I go in again and low and behold I have a UTI.

So maybe it's just the start of a UTI? I know I told my dr. this and she gave me meds for a UTI even though it came up clear and that took the pain away.

Hope you get answers and a way to stop that annoying pain.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

June 17th, 2011, 05:02 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It could still very well be a UTI. Mine only usually show up in cultures during pregnancy, too. We preggos drink so much more fluid everyday than most normal people do, so our urine is often too diluted for the standard dips to detect an infection.

Also, have you had sex recently? If so then your urethra could have gotten irritated due to friction. That kind of pain should go away on its own.

Either way I hope you feel better .

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

June 17th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. The doc did call me in some ampicillin so hopefully that will nip it in the bud. We DTD a few nights ago but this def. feels more like UTI issues. I think the pain has caused me to have more Braxtons, too. I'm having about 7 an hour, bah!

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I bet the culture will come back positive. Hope you feel better soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search