Out of everyone that makes annoying comments

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 03:52 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom is the worst of all. Ugh she annoys me so much. I've barely even talked to her lately but it seems like every time I do she's commenting on it. The other day DH's mom was here and she hadn't seen me in quite few months. She said I looked small for how far along I am, then my mom comes over and says "I guess she must of thought you were HUGE huh?" .....

And now today, she was talking about how she seem my cousin who is 27 weeks, and carries on about how much bigger I am than her! Like what the hell, do people really think you want to hear that near the end of the pregnancy??

Then she wonders why I'm grouchy when I'm pregnant, it's like, actually I'm not that bad when your not saying stupid annoying things that pregnant woman don't need to hear. So annoyed.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 17th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Laydii_cintah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Laydii_cintah
I'm sorry your going through this! (HUGS) I can totally relate. Just being in the presence of my mom irritates me. OK that sounds bad but the stuff she says just gets on my nerves and then she complains about my attitude and how grouchy I am.

June 17th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Happy Mommy
aren't moms great?
June 17th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I dont understand how she can think that you are huge. I saw your belly pic, and you are teeny weeny tiny!
June 17th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mom's just seem to have that extra special way of getting under your skin.

June 17th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh... i can't stand my mom either right now... everything she does irritates the hell out of me... but also, because I like people I can RELY on... and she just constantly lets me down. And she argues with me over EVERYTHING... over my opinion of people, my "birth plan"... I'm just not going to share anything anymore!

Btw! YOU ARE NOT HUGE... How big was she when she was pregnant? Grr...
June 17th, 2011, 04:54 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gotta love moms. Mine has been pretty great but I still get tired of her crapping all over my natural birth plans.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

June 17th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mothers certainly know how to really get to their daughters. I know that I don't tell my own mother many things just because I want to limit the scope of comments she can make.
June 17th, 2011, 07:21 PM
First Timer!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewDivine View Post
Mom's just seem to have that extra special way of getting under your skin.
yeah ... nough said!! lol

sorry you have to deal with dumb comments ... sometimes itd be nice if people said nothing at all huh ? lol
June 18th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Super Mommy
My top two quotes from mom - made when I was a very insecure teenager no less:

"Oh Jade, you sure do have good, sturdy legs" (while grabbing and jiggling my thigh.)

"You're the only girl in the family who inherited your father's chest! LOL" (lol - she actually then laughed at me, then when I nearly burst into tears she said "well, you should be grateful! You don't need that attention anyway!")

She's been pretty good throughout the pregnancy. It took a lot of educating her to make her realize that labor isn't what it was 40 years ago.
June 18th, 2011, 10:43 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Im thankful my mom is pretty great and don't make dumb comments like those!
June 18th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm grateful my family only says good things to me, if anything. I've gotten the "you're all baby" and "you look cute today" and so forth. Sorry your mom is so unsensitive
June 20th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
((hugs)) My mom has been here for 24 hours now and I'm about ready to ship her back to Kentucky in box. Moms are special.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search