The Leo child's personality....

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 05:48 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
This is fun for those of you who are into astrology. I like to read about it for fun, and honestly - real or fake - I am a Capricorn to the fullest, LOL. So I looked up what a Leo child is like and this is what I found....

Leo child likes to lead everywhere, in the house, in the playground and in the class. He has to be the leader in all the kiddy games or he will start sulking. He has to go the way he wants to and as long as it remains this way, he will be bright, cheerful, mischievous, and happy. The moment he is forced to go some other way, he will either fight like an angry lion or broodingly retreat like a hurt lion. A Leo baby is always enthusiastic and full of bright ideas and it is better to encourage him.

Though most of these ideas will be concerning him only, do not put them down. Otherwise, he may get scarred for the rest of his life. He may try to boss around other children, but that is one of his basic personality traits. Try to subdue him gently, but never scold him openly in front of everyone. A Leo child has great pride and vanity and make sure never to hurt it. The leadership qualities of his characteristics profile should be encouraged, but he should also be taught the virtue of accepting the leadership of others too.

He also likes to show off and you will have to make sure that he doesn't become too boastful. A Leo child will go to any extent to maintain his dignity, even if it means not crying after falling from the bicycle for the third time. He loves attention and somehow, manages to get it also. He will be quite careless, daring as well as energetic. Suddenly, he will go into one of his lazy spells and wouldn't move even a single limb of his body. This is the time to make him understand that he has to do his own things and nobody has the time to carry out his responsibilities.

It is the parent's responsibility to teach a Leo child the quality of respecting other people's rights. Remember, the best way to tame a lion is by giving him lots of love and a little spanking every now and then. If you ever find Leo children who are very timid, shy, quiet and withdrawn, it is mainly because they have suffered a major blow to their vanity. The best way to bring out a lion from such a shell is by appreciating him, giving him due attention and honing his skills. This should be done as soon as possible or his frustration may take a dangerous turn.

Leo boys are totally masculine and the girls completely feminine. Right from his childhood, a Leo baby will dislike small chores and resist doing it. Give him some work that requires some responsibility and authority and you wouldn't have to remind him twice. He is quite intelligent and learns things pretty fast, but only if he wants to. However, he may get lazy in respect of studies and you will have to show extreme patience to make him work hard. Another way is to make him see how superior he will be to other children, if he attains the top position.

You will never find your Leo child making airplanes of his class assignments again. Do remember to compliment him and pat him on the back when he comes first in the class. He needs more compliments, no matter how much he's already got. The term savings is alien to most of the Leo children and they are prone to extravagance. A major portion of their money will be spent on giving loans to their friends, which they will most probably forget to take back.

Leos are amongst the first ones amongst the entire zodiac signs to feel attracted towards the opposite sex. He will fall in love and have heartbreaks every now and then. Most of the Leo children love parties, because that is where they can become the center of attraction. They need freedom and harsh words dent their ego. Be a little patient, a little indulging, a little strict and totally loving, when dealing with a Leo child. He will turn into a secure, generous, proud and strong lion!

So what do you think? Any BTDT moms with other Leo kiddos think this is accurate?

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

June 17th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am a leo I know all to well haha.

June 17th, 2011, 06:38 PM
JustOneMoreBean's Avatar Super Mommy
Very accurate... I live with three leos one Leo hubby and three Leo kids? Lord help me... Luckily I'm a Scorpio.

June 17th, 2011, 06:41 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
Yikes - three Leos in one house! Poor you, LOL.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

June 17th, 2011, 06:47 PM
JustOneMoreBean's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniB+3 View Post
Yikes - three Leos in one house! Poor you, LOL.
Soon to be 4! I'm doomed!!

June 17th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Laydii_cintah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Laydii_cintah
Ahhh yea, seems pretty accurate. Hubby is a Leo. So I'll have 2 leo's in the house. He's been talking about that ever since he found out I was due in August lol.

June 17th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds accurate. My rising sign is Leo. However, I wonder is my DS has a rising sign of Leo too - he is more Leo than Sag. at times.
June 17th, 2011, 07:48 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a little scared to raise one haha

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 18th, 2011, 06:17 AM
CND 424's Avatar First Time Mommy
Some of it is accurate but I am a Leo and I wouldn't say I am a leader. I can be withdrawn at times but I do like attention Like it says though it all depends on how the family encourages the child. I had a very outgoing sister that was only 16 months older then me and she tortured me as a child so that may have affected me. My baby is due 8/23 so I may have a Virgo. I'll have to read up on that sign!

Cindi (40) married to Dan (40) since 04/99
TTC 04/99-04/02; 4/00-04/02 did (2) IUI's & (4) IVF's; NTNP ever since!
BFP on 12/20/10 and our little miracle was born 8/19/11!!!

June 18th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Super Mommy
Yeah, this is why I'm hoping to give birth at 37 or 38 weeks... I know how us cancerians get along with leos... it ain't pretty.

Oh and we're in the Year of the Metal Rabbit for those interested in Chinese astrology! Cautious, refined, detail-oriented and sensitive!
June 18th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Happy Mommy
what is the date range for this? because those of us that are early or late it woudl be different no?
June 18th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Super Mommy
Jul 23 - Aug 22 is Leo. Totally possible we'll be seeing little cancerians or virgos too!
June 18th, 2011, 11:34 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Very interesting. I love astrology! I'm Pisces with rising sign Leo. But I'm due Aug 24, so I could have a virgo baby too.

The Chinese astrology is interesting too!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

June 20th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Interesting. I don't put much weight on that type of thing, to be honest.
June 20th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Mom of 2
I am a Leo and I think this is so true good thing I am due 8/25
June 20th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a Leo & I can say that a lot of this fits my personality. However, my daughter is an Aries & a lot of this fits her to a tee also.
Yeah, we're a fun household... 2 Leos, an Aries, & a Taurus. Stubborn, sensitive, willful, & proud. We'll all have to get extra socks from all the walking on eggshells we do

June 20th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
We have 2 Geminis (Dalton and I) and a Scorpio... should be interesting! If I'm late we'll have a Virgo, early or on time and it's a Leo!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search