Log In Sign Up

I got stung by a wasp :(


Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
June 17th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western USA
Posts: 9,144
And..... it hurts!!! I was swimming in the pool at our apts and (of course) had to run up to the house to go the bathroom. On the way back I did a short cut across the grass and got stung It left its stinger in me also. I just hope it doesn't swell. I don't think I'm allergic to wasp stings, but I don't know when the last time I got stung by one. And, I don't know if being pregnant will have anything to do with it how I'll react or not. Anyone know?
__________________
PROVERBS 3:5-6
Kynslee Lynn Raquelle 9/21/11
Quinton Drake 1/9/15
Reply With Quote
  #2  
June 17th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,900
Send a message via Yahoo to laceymm888
I've never been stung by anything (because I'm usually running and screaming LOL). I know you can develop allergies at any point in your life and pregnancy causes a lot of crazy things to happen. I would def call the dr just to let them know and see if they suggest anything and/or go in if you have any symptoms of an allergic reaction or something.
__________________












Ridley Matthew: Born August 23, 2011 weighing 6 pounds 5 oz and 19.5 inches long


Reply With Quote
  #3  
June 17th, 2011, 06:05 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 16,621
Awe, that SUCKS! I've never been stung by anything, I'm crazy and run like a little girl screaming away from bees/wasps/hornets. I hope you don't have any reactions.
__________________

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
June 17th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Mum2LGandC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,841
I would keep an eye on it and make sure you have some Benadryl at home.

I'm allergic to wasp stings and keep an Epipen on me during the summer months just in case.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #5  
June 17th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 5,592
If you were going to have a serious reaction, 99.99% chance is you'd have had it already - before you typed this out. It might have some localized swelling and be sore but that's likely all you'll have happen. Keep an eye on it!
__________________

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!



Reply With Quote
  #6  
June 18th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 13,613
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Ouch If you were to have a rxn. it usually occurs within the first few hours. I hope your feeling better today! Did you ever get your plumbing fixed?
__________________














































Reply With Quote
  #7  
June 18th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western USA
Posts: 9,144
I didn't have a reaction - Thank goodness!! I will always remember to wear shoes from now on even if just running from the pool to our apt. I never even saw it as I must have stepped on it because it stung right between my big toe and the toe nxt to it on my rt foot. It felt fine late evening yesterday but all night and today it's itching me soo bad!!! It's driving me crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BradleyMan View Post
Ouch If you were to have a rxn. it usually occurs within the first few hours. I hope your feeling better today! Did you ever get your plumbing fixed?
Thanks!! Yes, we did finally get our plumbing fixed but ever since then I smell gas in our kitchen. I have no idea what is it as are apts have NO gas, just electric and and my DH smells it so I know I'm not going crazy. I'll see if I still smell in a few days or see if we can figure out what it is that's causing that smell.
__________________
PROVERBS 3:5-6
Kynslee Lynn Raquelle 9/21/11
Quinton Drake 1/9/15
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0