Over these past 32 weeks I have NOT missed...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 07:28 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
....cleaning the litter box!

Now with John officially out of commission this has become my responsibility again and it SUCKS. I put on my heavy duty mask and latex gloves and got down to the dirty business of cleaning our industrial sized box out. My male cat is literally too fat for conventional lidded boxes so we have this huge round dome box that accommodates about a half bag of litter, which is what we need to use anyway since he takes craps that I swear rival those of humans in both size and smell. So gross. He's darn lucky that he's cute, LOL. It's a total pain in the neck and stinks to all high heaven. Blech.

But yeah....I really did enjoy the nice 32 week hiatus. I'm sad to see it go .

That is all.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

June 17th, 2011, 07:58 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking the same thing the other day. I think I'll keep making him do it for a few months.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 18th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniB+3 View Post
....cleaning the litter box!

Now with John officially out of commission this has become my responsibility again and it SUCKS. I put on my heavy duty mask and latex gloves and got down to the dirty business of cleaning our industrial sized box out. My male cat is literally too fat for conventional lidded boxes so we have this huge round dome box that accommodates about a half bag of litter, which is what we need to use anyway since he takes craps that I swear rival those of humans in both size and smell. So gross. He's darn lucky that he's cute, LOL. It's a total pain in the neck and stinks to all high heaven. Blech.

But yeah....I really did enjoy the nice 32 week hiatus. I'm sad to see it go .

That is all.
Are you sure my male and yours aren't related? My guys poops can literally stink up the whole house!

I hear you about cleaning the box. Unfortunately, while I love that DH does clean it, it's not often enough or thorough enough. DH doesn't wipe off the pee from the sides or inside the lid (another stinky situation) and doesn't clean the litter off the floor. So even when he does clean it, it still smells and looks dirty.
June 18th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hear ya, but I've had to scoop ours on and off the whole pregnancy because DH does a lot of travelling. Just the smell alone makes me want to puke

June 18th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Gross!

June 18th, 2011, 06:56 AM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've done it my whole pregnancy too, since Dillon refuses. He still thinks of the cat as my cat and therefore my responsibility (I've had her since before we met). I've researched toxoplasmosis quite thoroughly and feel the chances of me getting it are next to none (she doesn't go outside....ever). But still...it's a pretty crappy chore.

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

June 18th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Happy Mommy
oh ick!
June 18th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank goodness I have a 15 year old that I make do it . My dh hates to do it !!!!
June 18th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Dani
I am sorry that you are back to that "crappy" chore. Dh is doing it for me but doesn't sweep the bathroom so it is a mess, thankfully it a bathroom that isn't used! I think me you and Dee need to share pics of our massive cats!!!!
June 20th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I won't touch it, period. Pregnant or not. It was the one condition for me to let Neely bring his cat here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search