How prepared are you check in.

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Happy Mommy
every time I think I don't have anything else to do, I find more to do

I have the 4 ounce bottles pulled out, the burp cloths and bibs organized...
June 18th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, I've hardly done anything....which at 30 weeks is crazy to think about. On the other hand, if he came tomorrow (*knock on wood*) I'd be okay. He's got some clothes, I've bought at on of cloth diapers (pretty much all I've really done lol), and he'll sleep in our room for a while (we are going to paint the guest room, but not get furniture until DD transitions to a toddler bed). I "need" another monitor and a changing pad and a new swing (I have one, just don't love it, it was given to us free).

June 18th, 2011, 06:02 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's whats left on my To Do list from the thread I posted last week

To Do:

Wash and sort all baby clothes/bedding/etc
Buy/get a small dresser for nursery
Buy lamp for nursery
Set up bassinet in our room
Wash/serilize breast pump
Install car seat
Pack hospital bag

My Mom came over Friday and we got a lot done, she's coming back Monday to help me finish. As much as my Mom drives me crazy, I don't know what I'd do without her right now.

In the process of getting the nursery set up we packed up 6 boxes plus 2 garbage bages full of stuff to give to the Canadian Diabetes Assoc. They have a store where they sell good used clothes, toys and household goods (the profits from the store go to the assoc.) and they will pick up if you have a bunch of stuff to donate all at once. So since Diabetes is in my family I set up with them to come on Tuesday to get it all. I figured it's better than throwing it all out and I don't have time to list it all and try to sell it.

June 18th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Super Mommy
We've had so many things given to us, we are truly blessed.

I've sorted clothes, sanitized toys & crib. HOWEVER, im waiting until after my shower (NEXT SUNDAY!) to set up the nursery. mostly because i've registered for furniture and no where to store things yet. haha

Thank you for my amazing siggy Nicole!

June 18th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
After today, I'm feeling great. I decorated the nursery walls (with the help of my sis and a little bit of help from DH) today. We reorganized the nursery and it looks better now.

We still need a few things such as mini blinds for her windows, nipples for bottles, some formula for just in case, a diaper genie thing, DH to paint the changing table (still), get the cat de-clawed...

I am working on deep cleaning this house before she gets here, too!

I haven't packed our bags for the hospital yet nor have I washed the bedding or clothes. That's next on my agenda.

June 18th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We haven't done diddly squat with the nursery, but the babe probably won't even see the room until he's like a year old anyway...
June 19th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
Well if the baby came today - I would be a bit worried since we are currently on a road trip driving back home to Nova Scotia!

however, if the baby came anytime after June 30th when I was in Nova Scotia I would be set.

We have EVERYTHING for the first 18 months of her life, less the baby food that i will be making for her when she is ready for it.

I can't wait to move and get settled in our new house!
I can't wait to decorate her nursery!!

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
June 19th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just need pack n play sheets and whatever sewing projects I can get done.

June 19th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrowe70 View Post
We haven't done diddly squat with the nursery, but the babe probably won't even see the room until he's like a year old anyway...
I wasn't really worried abotu the room itself, it's just what soem people have been reporting on. it's more a "how prepared are you" even if baby won't be in "their" room (heck some of us don't even have a room for the kid) it's how ready are you?
June 19th, 2011, 08:23 AM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need to get stuff out of storage still. I will get on it next month..hopefully I need the bassinet out, the diapers set up and organized and her clothes organized in a dresser. Have to pack the hospital bags. I think that's all that *really* needs to be done before she comes home...oh and install the car seat

I've been working on crafts for her, but they definitely aren't anything that need to be done before she gets here. I have weird priorities I guess hahaha.

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

June 19th, 2011, 08:32 AM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still have alot. We need a bunch more stuff: bather, wipes, glider, dresser, lamp and so on.....
And I need to clean all the clothes we received from the shower. and it's a ton. LOL

It's getting harder working 6 days a week and trying to nest.

Oh and pack hospital bags and such as well.

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
June 19th, 2011, 08:45 AM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a lot, but I have been waiting because my shower is coming up on July 9th. I don't want to buy anything else until after.

Things we plan to do before then.....
1) Clean out my van (still filled with things I brought home from my desk at school).
2) Install car seat.
3) Wash her bedding.
4) Clean house well.....and try to keep in clean!?!?!

June 20th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
My mom and dad bought my stroller, so I've got everything I need. I just need to organize my bedroom, but that's more of a task for Neely since it's his stuff all over the place.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search