How prepared are you check in.

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Happy Mommy
I know we just talked about this, but have you worked on anything this week?

With the showers that wre had, I know some shopping has begun!! woohoo!!

What's left on your to-do list?
June 18th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I still have everything to do, literally. Its almost depressing because it just keeps getting put off.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 2/1/15!

June 18th, 2011, 07:41 AM
JustOneMoreBean's Avatar Super Mommy
We still need a swing for baby and some other things like more socks and bibs but we're ready for her now!!

June 18th, 2011, 07:43 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
We're pretty much ready! We have all the "essentials" but there are a few small things that need to be done. Like arranging the nursery. She won't be sleeping in it for quite a while, so it's not urgent.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

June 18th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Super Mommy
If the baby were to arrive today we'd be alright. No food in the house, which is a total mess, but we'd be ok.

I've preregistered at the hospital - just have to bring them my insurance papers and my birth plan. I'm not really packed at all. But like I said - we'd make it work.
June 18th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Happy Mommy
I finally found a space for the swing, and got it there, since it has jsut been propped against the couch since the shower.

I put the car seat and the storller in the trunk, along with her hosp bag. Mine I'll just carry with me to appts, will be easy enough to run home and grab if needed (and toss int he stuff I can't pre pack)

there's some final cleaning I'd like to do, but I know my mom will need somethign to do while here with l and C for 3 days so I'm leaving her something

her crib is all cleaned out and set up, I have some socks I still want to take the tags off of, just because. (I have a billion of them with tags off already)

I want to finish making the car seat canopy, but since I won't really need that till it's colder out it's not a huge rush (it's sitting there wait for me to sew it but I don't trust myself to sew right now feeling like this)

I'm organzing her stuff that belongs in the kitchen this weekend. Bibs. burp cloths and bottles and such.
June 18th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Veteran
The last post on this topic inspired me to get my butt in gear. I actually took a vacation day on monday and washed all the clothes since they have been sitting in boxes, put them away, made up her crib, fixed the bumper pads, washed all the bottles and pump equipment. Checked my pump to make sure it worked. Put stuff in my pump bag since it will be coming with me to the hospital. Pulled out the stuff for her hospital bag.

I still need to buy a few things for me like pads and another set of pump cords. need to pack my clothes, get diapers for her and pack a hospital bag for DS. I also need to find another video monitor that doesn't interfer with the one I have, seems a little challenging. If she came today we would be ok, I feel better now that I stayed home Monday to do stuff!
June 18th, 2011, 08:50 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Well I had my shower last week so at least now I have a better idea of what I still need.

3 more 3-6 month sleepers
2 more outfits in size 3 months
4 pairs of PANTS! (he has none to go with his onesies lol)
Socks (he currently has 2 pairs)
Diapers
Bottles
Glider Rocking Chair

Oh and our Pack N Play and Swing will be here later next week, along with my new Ergo! So i'm feeling a TAD big more prepared but little man still does NOT have a bedding set or any room decorations
June 18th, 2011, 08:59 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty much ready. If I had to bring home a baby today I could do it. The rooms still aren't moved around but we were planning to have him in our room for a couple months anyways so it's not urgent. We would just need to set up the pack and play, boil his bottles, and wash a few things and then we are good to go.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 18th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've got an ongoing list:

For this baby I have:a swing, exersaucer, highchair, jumperoo, Ergo, Bjorn, crib
infant carseat and extra base, Bumbo, two pack n plays
0-3mos clothes, some 3-6mos, 0-3mos nb snowsuit for next winter
4 bath towels, a few receiving blankets I made for swaddling for Nolan
bottles, diaper bags, baby soap, baby tub, infant laundry soap
breast pads, pads for me, nursing bras, four paci's
lots of diapers to size 2, soother clips, lots of wipes
ruffle and matching quilt, penaten daily cream, car seat cover
sticker for baby for van, Avent nipples in first three sizes-two of each
teething bibs, maybe a mobile left in garage
nip cream, diaper cream
case of formula rtu
nb swaddler

need to get:
bouncy seat
single stroller
bath sling,
ocean sounds machine,
bf cover
sew more large swaddle receiving blankets
mobile might still be in garage
June 18th, 2011, 10:07 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Pretty much nothing. LOL I do have stuff from my last baby though. But the only thing I did was buy a new carseat for my DD so the baby could have the infant one.

I know I'm crazy, but we are moving in August...so I can't get much ready around here anyway. But I do need to get some boy stuff, since my first two are girls. lol

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

June 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am doing MUCH better after my shower last night. And we have another shower the middle of next month.
We have the stroller, pack n play, swing, bouncy seat, boppy, bath tub, exersaucer, diaper bag, snug seat, pacies, bottles, towels and some clothes.
I set up the crib last week and I am waiting for the mattress to get here next week. Unfortunately I got a defective crib bumper and have to figure out if I am going to send the whole set back or just try to find a new bumper. WAH!!!! It was cheap, and BRU doesn't sell it anymore I found it online and it's more expensive. I have also washed a few clothes. Today I think I am going to sterilize some pacies, bottles and pump parts.
As for what we need/want....high chair, monitor, pad for changing table, ergo, bar to attach my car seat to the stroller. My mom is buying us the car seat so we just need to go with her to get it. We also need to get the crown molding and chair rail up in the nursery. And I need to buy myself so PJs and slippers for the hospital some nursing pads and a couple nursing bras.
Clothes for Wilbur have been a challenge since we don't know gender, the gender neutral stuff isn't as cute. So once we get a little closer I think DH and I will go pick out 5-6 girl and 5-6 boy outfits then take back half when he/she gets here. But we need to get closer so we don't run into issues with return policies.
I think I am settled on a doula and feeling good about the new doc so I am in a much better place!
And DH has a lot of stuff to put together!!!
June 18th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
U like making me cry with these posts...lol
The nursery has finally been painted, He didn't do the trim but I am just gonna do it myself no more waiting for someone to help me, I couldn't get the top trim so that was important and he did that so I just have window and door trims I think I can handle that. I can now have the furniture delivered, I am going to get the carpet cleaned next weekend I am gonna attempt that myself. I just have to find some room decor. My shower is July 16th so hopefully I will get some great things and I won't have as much to buy. If he comes today I am not prepared, I have 2 packs of diapers I feel like a horrible Mom. I am gonna start to pack my bag even though I have everything to purchase.
-2 to 3 Night gowns
-robe
-slippers
-maxi pads
-nursing pads
-2 to 3 Nursing Bras
-Going home outfit(Have need to iron)
-Toiletries
Baby Boy Bag I have to pray about that one. But at least I have made some progress.

June 18th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We just bought the mattresses for DS's new bed. We'll be setting up DS's room sometime within the next week. Then we can move DS and set up the crib. We'll be picking up the car seat next Saturday.

I'm hoping to get through clothes this afternoon.

I still have to pack the bags. Most of the baby stuff is still at my MIL's cottage about 10 minutes from our house, but much of what we need isn't an immediate need, so we have time.
June 18th, 2011, 02:11 PM
expecting2011mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Im pretty much ready

June 18th, 2011, 02:41 PM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All the big stuff is pretty much taken care of. We're just waiting on my baby shower next weekend and see what else we need to get. We're preregistered at the hospital, so all we have to do is pack our bags and that will happen this weekend.

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
June 18th, 2011, 02:42 PM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty much ready. We just need a few more things and none of them are really urgent: a play mat, monitor, baby book, and a few other things.

June 18th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Kimber77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kimber77
I have been working on this very project like a mad woman today. I have been going through all of ds's stuff that I saved and pricing what I can't/won't use for yard sale and throwing the rest in the dirty clothes to be washed up. My mom took a huge back of towels and stuff with her to wash for me and took home the infant seat to wash up as well. I'm sure by next weekend i'll have the base installed in the car. I have bottles boiled and ready to go. My shower is next weekend so by then I hope to have most everything accomplished. I still need to hang a few room decorations and pull out the pack n play, swing and bouncy seat and wash them up. I did get the livingroom reorganized today to make room for them and vaccumed under all the furniture. DH said he will scrub the carpets tonight when ds and I go to bed. The only other thing I plan on accomplishing tonight or tomorrow is packing the diaper bag and my bag. I feel like i'm finally getting somewhere.

Big brother Gage welcomes Karli Elizabeth 7 lbs 14 oz 20 inches on 8/1/11

June 18th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am ALMOST ready!!

Today, I had a bunch of people come and help me clean/organize the house. My friend's also painted my DD's room, and it isjust 100% better in here.

AS for babies....their stuff is ready... I have everything I need, and anything I don't have are little things that I will buy later if need be.

I feel great now. I was feeling SO unprepared before, but now I finally feel like things are in order, and it is a great feeling

I never did the nesting thing with DD because I had everything ready pretty much the second that I peed on the test. With the twins I was in denial for so long I didn't do anything lol.
June 18th, 2011, 03:35 PM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not much preparing here to do! At least not for the baby. Just need to buy diapers and bring up the baby clothes from the basement and put them in the dresser. That's it! I do have a lot of other house/yard projects I want to do before the baby comes though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search