What is going on!?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
So I posted earlier in the week about painful braxton hicks. They feel like bad menstrual cramps and they do stop me in my tracks, but no where near real contraction pains. So this morning at about 8 am I was grocery shopping and started having them. By the time I got home, I had them, very many of them like every 10 minutes for about 45 minutes or so. I decided to stop and break, so I sat in my recliner with my feet up and drank a bottle of water and tried to take it easy, or as easy as I can with 5 kids up and going1 Didn't stop so I decided to lay down on my side and have more water. it worked for about two hours. Now here I am, and it is happening again. Now, I am no stranger to this pregnancy thing, but we all know that each one can and will be different from the next. I am so not used to painful braxton hicks contractions. I know they can be common, but I have NEVER experienced this and wondering if you all agree that I shouldn't worry. Just trying to get an idea of what I should do right now. DO NOT WANT TO GO INTO L & D so avoiding calling the midwife. Any of you have any thing special you do to help if you get this? I have no bleeding/leaking fluid etc. Thanks for the help...

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
June 18th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Super Mommy
i'd be calling your midwife at this point if they are still continuing and are that painful. this is my first pregnancy so i don't know for sure and you are right that every pregnancy and everyone is is different but from everything the ladies on the board have said and doctors and the hospital (and im currently bedridden in the hospital until my baby is born and have been here almost 2 weeks now) these types of contractions are not usually painful. i know you don't want to but if it were me i'd be calling....and if it's nothing then let her tell you that.....hope you feel better at any rate, keep us posted

June 18th, 2011, 11:00 AM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I had something to offer, I have painful ones, and reg ones.. Try pedialite instead of water, you may be down on your electrolites and stuff..But I would call just to be sure.. I hope you feel better.. You are in my thoughts..

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
June 18th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Sushi_And_Sci-Fi's Avatar Super Mommy
Try being on your hands and knees, or elbows and knees, for awhile. My chiropractor recommended that to me to help stop BH, as it takes the pressure off your cervix and the veins and nerves in your back, which can cause BH is they get squished.

If the contractions continue I'd definitely call your MW though. Better safe than sorry!

June 18th, 2011, 12:16 PM
*~Lulu'sMommy~*'s Avatar Lexi's Mommy!
Ive been getting quite a few of thoes too... but a mix of regular BH and painful ones... my dr told me that if they are to the point of even regular BH every 5 mins i better be calling her... try to relax as much as possible and i pray they go away!

June 18th, 2011, 02:38 PM
MsSilverSpec's Avatar Mama of 2 <3
I had this, this morning but I knew they were from hunger/dehydration. They got to the point where I started feeling pressure in my bottom.

Just try to relax and hydrate yourself and if they continue to be painful and you get more then 4 in a hour even after youve ate/drank then call your doc.
June 19th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Super Mommy
there an update?? how are you feeling??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search