How is dad doing?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Happy Mommy
is he getting exctied? Nervous? helping out??
June 18th, 2011, 06:49 PM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
DF works seasonal from April-November and is away at work for weeks at a time. I think he is excited, but he never shows much interest in anything baby related. He was much more involved with my last pregnancy, he does rub my belly sometimes. I just try not to stress about it becasue I know how stressed he is with working and such...
June 18th, 2011, 06:55 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think he's sick of me! He's at the point of worrying about what's left to do to get the house ready, he wants it spotless before baby comes, and how much I'm not able to do to help out anymore. That and he tells me I'm throwing out his back by making him help me get up off the couch every night.

June 18th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Super Mommy
AMAZING!!!

he isn't thrilled that beginning this tuesday he'll be missing 1/2 his softball games the rest of the season to attend our lamaze classes but he's excited to be that much closer to meeting baby.

As most of you know we moved early this month into a new rental, he has bent over backwards setting everything up and being patient with me since im unable to help with most of the projects. I am so thankful for him.

Thank you for my amazing siggy Nicole!

June 18th, 2011, 07:12 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
He's getting excited! He says every day that he can't wait to meet baby and that he wishes it were time for her to be here. He has been a little less than active in helping to get stuff ready, but I'll settle with just excited

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

June 18th, 2011, 07:17 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think he's nervous, but he doesn't say much much about it at all. He said he's excited (when I asked him) but he doesn't seem like it, and he's not all that much more helpful than normal either

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 18th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well he has been saying since I was 13 weeks how he "can't wait" to meet her. When I ask him if he's nervous or anything, he always says no. Yesterday I told him that I have NO IDEA what to do with a baby and his answer is, "We'll figure it out." He has been WILLING to go nursery room shopping with me, painted the light switch and outlet covers today, and I was surprised he was offering his opinion on different decor. Of course, we bought most of the things he suggested because I like that he is taking such an interest.

He always touches my big, fat belly and he's been paying me extra attention lately.

June 18th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He says he's excited, but I can tell he's really nervous. He has been sleeping horribly and his hair is graying like crazy.
June 18th, 2011, 08:43 PM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well this is the 3rd go around for us, so he doesn't seem as fascinated or as excited. But he still is happy about it and says he can't wait to meet Claire. He loves feeling her kick and wiggle around.

June 18th, 2011, 08:54 PM
CherZ's Avatar Proud wife and mom....
Send a message via ICQ to CherZ
2nd time around for us - DH says he's excited but I know he's been under a lot of stress from work/in laws/other commitments, today he sat with me for an hour and we went through baby names together and helped pack our bag for the hospital! He's excited to meet this babe, but nervous about the labour as it was fast the first time around!
June 18th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think he's excited and nervous. We're trying to get a new car so trying to find someone to borrow the money from is going to be difficult. So we are both stressing a bit about it... He's been excited since day one though. He doesn't talk a lot about it.
June 18th, 2011, 09:04 PM
JustOneMoreBean's Avatar Super Mommy
Hmmm well my hubby acts like he could care less honestly. He's not interested in anything baby related and tends to take the wind out of my sails a bit actually. I force him to feel for her when she moves too. He's always been this way though. He doesn't care for babies. He doesn't really like it until the baby is about 1-2 years old. It's not that he doesn't love the kids when they're little, he's just one of those guys who isn't gaga over baby's because all they do is eat, poop and cry. We've been together 8 years and this is just how he is!

June 18th, 2011, 09:28 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
John is (and has been) massively excited to meet him and has helped with preparation up until now. But with his operation and crazy long recovery I think his contributions are done (at least physically). It's pretty much up to me to finish all of the physical prep work, but I was prepared for that I guess. He's still in the immediate stages of physical recovery, obviously, but I do worry that there will be an emotional fallout stemming from him not feeling like he can be active in the last couple months of this pregnancy, especially on labor day. But we will deal with that if/when it comes. I've already emailed my doula asking to set up a home visit in about 2-3 weeks so that we can come up with some ideas for him being an active partner in the birth while also being essentially disabled from the waist down. I'm hoping that will help.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

June 18th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this is our 2nd time around pg wise, and he's really gotten into this--he was pretty disconnected from Nolan d/t our first loss. He's constantly rubbing my belly and trying to feel baby move, lots of kissing and hugging me despite me being a miserable, grouchy old cow most days--I think its really hitting both of us that we'll never be pg again
June 19th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
He's just.....there. Yeah, he'll feel my belly once in a while, and he did bring home a few pink outfits the other day but thats about it. I think he's more worried than anything. And maybe in denial? Like, we have EVERYTHING left to do in the house for baby, everything! And so much to shop for, etc. And i dont think he (or ANYONE else around here) realizes that in about 7 more weeks, this is really happening..thats not a lot of time..

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 2/1/15!

June 19th, 2011, 05:58 AM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
DH is very excited and has been since day one. He has been involved in just about everything. Most of our friends say they wont have to fight me to hold Cole they will have to fight Chris to hold him. Hes been washing baby clothes and helps me put them away and goes in and just looks at the nursery.

He dosent like the watching or feeling Cole move. He said that part just freaks him out a lil bit. He said he watched too many Alien movies when he was little.
June 19th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
Ryan doesn't like to feel the baby move - believes it is alien like and creepy - espically since she arches her back a lot and it sticks out - he he

I really don't think that he will get too excited till she is here - he was like that with the boys too - he is excited about the pregnancy but it is hard for him to "get it" till she is here.

my pregnancies take a toll on us, since I don't have sex when i am pregnant and I am sick a lot - thank goodness this is our last pregnancy!

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
June 19th, 2011, 07:00 AM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is sort of indifferent right now. Not nervous, but not excited yet. I think he will start to get excited in a few weeks. Right now it's just not real to him. He doesn't help out with baby stuff, but to be fair, I really haven't done anything. This morning he got up with Aleeya and is feeding her breakfast and taking her to the park to play while I lay in bed and be lazy for a couple hours, THAT is the biggest help ever.
June 19th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
He's helping tons, but think he's getting warn our with me, school and work. I am sure we will all be happy when she is here and I can get back to helping out with my share of the house work.

June 19th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
He's getting a little more excited as I get farther along. He actually likes feeling her move more than either of us figured he would. And he helps out with baby stuff when I need. He's actually getting more into picking out baby stuff now.

But I think it's hard for him to be super excited because he leaves a week after my due date for basic training. So I think his worrying about that overshadows the excitement.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search