Frustrated! (and appointment update)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2011, 06:44 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I went in for my 37 wk check-up on Friday, and they didn't do a cervical check! Ugh. I really wanted to know if there was any progress going on!

The good news is my BP is good, iron is good, HR is 156, and I'm measuring 39 weeks! I got back for another checkup, and an ultrasound, on Thursday.
June 19th, 2011, 07:03 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not long no mmatter what

June 19th, 2011, 07:06 AM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
That's strange that you didn't get a cervical check. Are you with a midwife or an OB? I have found that midwives are very hands off when it comes to that stuff. An OB on the other hand will do it.

June 19th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you ask to be checked and they refused? That would stink, but I can see why some are more overcautious than others... My OB checks at 39 weeks, anything before then you have to ask or have had some kind of pre-labor episode (cramping/contractions/etc)

June 19th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Honestly, a check this early doesn't necessarily mean anything, anyway. You could already be at 3 cm yet stay that way for a month. Early labor is so irregular. I know it's frustrating, though!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
June 19th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Super Mommy
Yeah, they haven't checked me, either. I guess they just don't do it, since it really doesn't tell you anything specific.

PLUS, then my midwife told me I should come back in another week (I was there on a Thursday), but that appointments at the end of the week are pretty full so I could make it be for 10 days from now, instead. I wanted to yell, "NOOOOOO!!!! I would rather have this baby in 10 days!!!!" but that did not seem to be on her radar... I couldn't believe she thought I would make it two full weekends before having him, but it's looking like that might be the case. I'm sooooo ready!
June 19th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Happy Mommy
sounds like a great appt!
June 19th, 2011, 01:38 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm with an OB, which is why it surprised me so much! I didn't ask him to check, but I did ask if he was going to, he said probably next week *sigh* I know it doesn't mean much yet, but I still just want to know already!
June 19th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is sooo frustrating, but my OB doesn't check until 38wks either! Just think you'll know this week though
June 19th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a good appointment but stinky when you thought it might happen.

June 20th, 2011, 12:22 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mine dont check iether..!! i guess untill i have contrax that is..!!! urrgh..!! but i guess he is doing u.s every time.. and they can see the cervix like that..!! cos last time he said the baby's head is still floating and not engaged at all...!!
hoping to hear that she is engaged now.. cos of all the pressure and pains on my back these days..!!!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search