ok fess up who has....

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
a bottle of wine in their hospital bag?
I do!!!
June 19th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
nope! haha, But I don't drink anyways. I can tell you though I am sure the hubby with have a case of Mountain dew packed haha

June 19th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not in my bag, but there better be one waiting for me when I get home. That, and a nice, freezing cold can of Stella. MmmmMmmmm. I mean, I need beer so to help my milk come in...sheesh.
June 19th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Happy Mommy
nope. I plan on getting all the sleep I can while there. not worried about drinking. though my BFF's might jsut bring me a beer
June 19th, 2011, 08:21 AM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope! But I do miss wine, weirdly enough, since I've never been a big drinker. 1 glass alone would get me drunk off my tush Since I'll be breastfeeding, I never know how much is okay to drink since my body is so sensitive to alcohol! Sigh...it'll be awhile before I drink again!

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

June 19th, 2011, 09:06 AM
JustOneMoreBean's Avatar Super Mommy
LOL nope, I'm not a big drinker though. It just makes me fall asleep. Although DH had a corona with lunch yesterday and I was envious. My back hurt really bad though and I think that's the reason it sounded good.

June 19th, 2011, 09:09 AM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL good for you i am going to have to put off drinking for awhile yet, as i will be nursing.
June 19th, 2011, 09:10 AM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're going to do a small champagne toast. I won't be able to drink much since I'm nursing, but a little celebratory sip is good!

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

June 19th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniB+3 View Post
We're going to do a small champagne toast. I won't be able to drink much since I'm nursing, but a little celebratory sip is good!
I agree... same here.

June 19th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Super Mommy
Im not a wine-0 but I would love a nice margarita.

Thank you for my amazing siggy Nicole!

June 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This has been a running joke with me since I found out I was preggie. I'm seriously considering it too. I do plan on breast feeding but after 9 months of no alcohol I think 1 glass wouldn't be bad.
Worse comes to worse I'll make sure I have a bottle at the house or convince my old drinking buddy to bring one.
June 19th, 2011, 11:32 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
No drinking for me either! I do miss the fruity alcoholic drinks but I'll be nursing (hopefully) so until we get established with bfing it'll be at least 6 weeks before i'll offer pumped milk.
June 19th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Champange isn't my thing otherwise we might do that. Dh has always loved ice wine and he taught me to love it, he proposed over ice wine. We bought the bottle when we were on our babymoon in Canada. If you haven't had ice wine it is syrupy sweet and you only drink an oz or 2. it comes in little bottles not typical wine bottles and it is expensive outside of canada so I will take donations from the canadian ladies. Needless to say I am not worried about breastfeeding after.
June 19th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have several really nice ones waiting at home. About 12 we got when we were on vacation in November(and conceived babe) for a holiday party. Once we found out about the babe, we decided to save them for after birth.

We went on a babymoon to the West Indies back in March and picked up a lot of rum and other local drinks to have some time after August as well.

Though we're having a homebirth if we do end up in the hospital they provide a champaigne gormet dinner with steak, lobster and a glass of bubbly for new parents. Almost makes me want to go to the hospital...

I'm not worried about the breastfeeding thing, As long as you wait a few hours the alcohol is out of your system so there's no harm to babe.

Last edited by lrowe70; June 19th, 2011 at 12:53 PM.
June 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, I can't wait to have a glass of wine...a beer...anything. LOL

June 19th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy5586 View Post
Oh man, I can't wait to have a glass of wine...a beer...anything. LOL
LOL Same here

Not sure when I'll have my first drink though.....I'll have to see when he starts sleeping a long stretch. Hopefully that happens quick lol

June 19th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Super Mommy
We are going to pack something. I would like some champagne, but we might just go with something from the cellar. Not sure if I'd feel more like sparkling or still, red or white. I was told beer helps the breast milk come in, but I'm not a big beer drinker (I love great beer, but feel bloated after one, so it's quality over quantity for me!) so I imagine wine will do the trick.

This is assuming I'm not on narcotics/massive painkillers/an empty stomach (haha)/laughing gas. I'm trying for natural birth, but if it doesn't work out, we'll just bring the bottle home.
June 19th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Super Mommy
Here's what la leche league says about breastfeeding and alcohol.

Last edited by northendmamma; June 19th, 2011 at 06:18 PM.
June 19th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't drink. But my aunt put a bottle of organic pomegranate italian soda in our diaper bag, so I was going to see about opening it at the hospital. So it will be in my bag or diaper bag.... not sure which.
June 19th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I might have DH go get some of my favorite wine to have around for after I have the baby. I'm not a big drinker, but I'll have a glass of something once in a while. Wine makes me tired, even one glass, so I probably won't have any right after the birth, labor is tiring enough!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search