and now

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Super Mommy
we have gestational diabetes in my picture too. started the one test yesterday that came back too high so they did the other 3 or 4 starting at 5 this morning and the first and very last came back fine but the middle one or two were too high so here i am. i think it has to do with the fact that im on bedrest, in the hospital and not allowed to get up and exercise..diabetes doesn't run in my immediate family, actually my grandpa (mom's dad) got it later in life and his mother died from it but only because she didn't take care of herself but that's really all that we know of.

and last night...well all day yesterday i had like this constant cramping that was painful...like menstrual cramping that constantly hurt..nothing i couldn't handle but more annoying that it was there then anything...so i said something because it immediatley was noticable when i got up yesterday so i told the nurse and she put me on the monitor after breakfast, said he looked fine. it really never went away all day but because im not bleeding or leaking fluid she just passed it off as regular pregnancy stuff. dr said all of two words to me yesterday (the one i don't like which is just fine with me) and it wasn't bothering me enough to tell him, not that he'd care anyways. so i said something last night to the nurse who was on all night and she put me on the monitor for a few hours and called the doc on call who told her to start an IV..they were thinking it was dehydration. so then a few hours later the doctor comes in and asks if i want to be checked to see if im dialating...well heck no i don't want to be it hurts but i told her if she thinks i need to be then to go ahead but she said no so she didn't. i had a ton (for me) of contractions last night...they didn't hurt..just were there but they said he looked fine so they took me off the monitor and let me try and sleep (yea right like im gonna sleep). nurse comes in today (the one who's working all day) and said

'so i hear you had some excitement last night...well if you wouldn't sit up all day you'd be fine'

so i said back to her:

'if that's really the case, why did it start immediatley when i woke up this morning at 5am after i'd been asleep for like 5 hours LAYING DOWN FLAT like im supposed to be'

i'll sit up and sit in a chair off and on, more off than on throughout the day, doctor came in the other day and i was sitting in the chair and he had no problems with it, i asked if it was ok and he said yea it's fine. and when i do feel the painful cramping come on i will lay down and do different things to try and get it to go away or relax on my own.

stupid!

June 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WoW sounds like a grumpy nurse.. Dont let her get you down..
I hope you start feeling better and I hope they start treating you better..

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
June 19th, 2011, 01:39 PM
mommyakawifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try to be as positive as you can through these trials. It will make a big difference in how you feel. I know its hard. Hugs.

Missing my brother everyday- 1985-2011~I love and miss you so much
Essure permanent birth control procedure done 5/24. My family is now complete<3
June 19th, 2011, 01:43 PM
hannahbaby99's Avatar Veteran
Sorry to hear they are being mean to you. I hope you start feeling better and that the baby continues to be doing good.

June 19th, 2011, 03:10 PM
brandaleana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like I don't care much for the hospital you're at!! I'm sorry you have the gestational diabetes but, with you being in the hospital, umm, hopefully you will be on a good diet and you won't have to take insulin. You should have asked the Dr if moldy bread from the hospital cafeteria could have caused the GD or brought on more contractions...lol

Special thanks to Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
June 19th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS mama!!! I hope things start getting better for you and they treat you nicer. You don't need that extra rudeness, being alone in the hospital is hard enough - I'm sorry and hope you get more friendly staff!
Baby #2 is on the way!!
June 19th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to laceymm888
Sorry you are having to deal with all this

Ridley Matthew: Born August 23, 2011 weighing 6 pounds 5 oz and 19.5 inches long

Due with baby #2 March, 2015!!
June 19th, 2011, 04:38 PM
MsSilverSpec's Avatar Mama of 2 <3
Just stay positive..some people are just in a mood but dont let them ever bring you down!

Hugs <3
June 19th, 2011, 05:13 PM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! What awful nurses.

June 19th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Super Mommy
one of the nurses i had last week whom i didn't care for just came and sat and talked with me for a bit before she took my vitals and we just chit chatted, kinda nice.

thanks ladies, i feel ok, just alot going on and i know im where i need to be i just would rather be at home ya know

June 19th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope the shift nurses stay nice.
June 20th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Ryan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh!!! you have too much on your plate, i hope things get better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search