Am I the only one??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Veteran
That has not finished..... or started their nursery??? The answer is probably yes! ughghghg I am horrible. My sister has been living with us for a few months due to some financial issues she was having.... she is just now moving her stuff out of the room that will be our son's nursery. I have all the furniture, bedding, accessories etc... but nothing done. Last time with our son David the nursery was done at least two months ahead of time... I feel like a bad mom... lol

He probably won't be in his room until he is 12 weeks or so but I just feel so scatter brained this time around and the urgency we had with our first is not here with this one...

I better get it together once I go on leave this Thursday from work... and hope I don't go into labor before then... haha

June 19th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Happy Mommy
nope. Bob doesn't even have a room, her crib is set up in my room and she'll stay there until further notice (no room for her anywhere )
June 19th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Super Mommy
No... We haven't even finished constructing the room that will become our office to free up the room for the nursery!!! We're working on it, but it'll be a while. Oh well. As long as she gets here, we'll make room
June 19th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Super Mommy
Just moved in yesterday and started putting it together. Its driving me nuts tho, i feel like i need it done asap. I think i will feel much better once its all done. Not much longer to go!!!!

Elizabeth

Emily
June 19th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Formerly LyndaSLP
My hubby won't let me even have stuff for the baby IN our house (he thinks it's bad luck... and my mom and MIL agree, ugh) so absolutely nothing is done, not even having clothes washed. Rochelle will be here in 9 days so DH will be quite busy while I'm in the hospital for 4 days! lol. She'll be staying in our room for 4-6 months so we don't need much right now but it is annoying not having anything done.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
June 19th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Veteran
Oh ladies I feel a little better... haha But it sounds like we all have work to do... well the baby will be in a room off our bedroom in a pack and play for at least 8 weeks... most likely 12 so I guess I should calm down... let the baby get here and then try to deal with it... at least I won't be huge and useless after the baby gets here...lol

June 19th, 2011, 07:03 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we dont even have a room to be a nursery! baby always rooms in with us for the first year

June 19th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a crib in our room if that counts LOL. With my first DS his room wasn't even done construction wise before we brought him home. SO don't feel bad.

June 19th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
Do not feel bad! I wont get to start until August!
Me and DH's lease doesn't end until August so we wont move into the two room apt until then. (So stressful) All we have done is put the crib in our bedroom and have tons of baby stuff stacked up in our dining room where our table used to be. And we only did the crib today! Do not feel bad!

June 19th, 2011, 08:03 PM
ppeacocks's Avatar Traci
most of the room is done. no crib since he will sleep with us, but basic stuff needs to get done. i have the stroller/ car seat and base in the room so that hogs up space till he comes.
i am having an almost impossible time finding the right color curtain so i feel it wont look done till then. we want royal blue and can only find navy blue.

plus other stuff will be around the house- like bouncy seat and swing but is shoved in his room for now. i am now motivated to find the curtains online and order them tonight!!!
taryn (4)
travis august 4th
http://www.facebook.com/xtmacx
June 19th, 2011, 08:27 PM
beccandrew's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're moving at the end of this week, so no...we don't have anything ready to go!
June 19th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just started yesterday rearranging what I had already done. Baby will be in our room and everything was ready. But we've been having issues with Ollie at night and he keeps waking up the other kids and ends up in bed with us. So today I moved his bed up to our room too...which meant I had to move EVERYTHING around. So I'm not done...but will be soon.

June 19th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never did a nursery for my first daughter-not for lack of room, just never bothered. Delaney (pronounced dee-LAYN-ee) will be sharing her sister's room once she's out of our room. Since Karin (pronounced kuh-RIN) is still in our room and is turning three next month, I'm not seeing Delaney leaving our room all that soon. I am getting her clothes put away and we have added a changing table to the girls room, something I didn't have with Karin.
June 19th, 2011, 11:39 PM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i live in an appt and there is no room for the kids seperatley.. they all lag in our one bed room..!! so i have not even thought of putting up the crib till the end.. maybe that will be done when i start to go in to labor..lolz.!! not kidding the room is alreadty filled with our bed n dd's toddler bed.. and i dont want to do anthing till its really time..!!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

June 20th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Sahoko's Avatar It's ANOTHER Boy!
I wanted to move but not sure now cause SO's being a jerk about it... (backing out at the last minute after I finally found ones that will take a husky) I'm too stubborn to let him have his way and have the crib in this crappy little room with us (or ANYWHERE) in his parent's house.. (no A/C in reaches our room, and it's Arizona for fuxake)
I might set up the pack n play in the living room to aid in pissing off everyone in the house so I can finally prove a point that I need to have my own nest and get my friggin way for once.... :/ Or I'll just start staying anywhere but here til he gets the hint. His choice which ends up happening, cause I am notttttttttt staying here willingly. >:[
June 20th, 2011, 01:05 AM
raeraed's Avatar Veteran
You're definitely not alone! I've still got plenty of things that I need to do in Abigails nursery as well.
June 20th, 2011, 05:04 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Her room still isn't built (We're building a house), and while we're boarding at MIL's, she'll be in the room with us (she would've been for the first few months at least anyway).
June 20th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
we had started clearing out his room, then decided we werent going to resign our lease and we realized we are probably going to move back out of state in the next 6 months so no one will have a room as of july 1st LOL we'll be getting a hotel suite for the month of july until I deliver and then we'll decide to take a short term lease in an apt or to go ahead and relocate so if we get an apt he'll go in our room since theres not a "need" for him to have his own...kinda gotta see what hubbys office is doing...

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13
June 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
we had started clearing out his room, then decided we werent going to resign our lease and we realized we are probably going to move back out of state in the next 6 months so no one will have a room as of july 1st LOL we'll be getting a hotel suite for the month of july until I deliver and then we'll decide to take a short term lease in an apt or to go ahead and relocate so if we get an apt he'll go in our room since theres not a "need" for him to have his own...kinda gotta see what hubbys office is doing...

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13
June 20th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Veteran
I too have not set up a nursery for the baby. I was planning on not doing it for a few months because I can't afford a crib and dresser along with what I think are the more necessary items such as a car seat and stroller. So I have bought the necessary items first and figured I would just save up and by the nursery stuff when he's a few months old. He's going to be sleeping in his bassinet in our bedroom for a few months anyways. But...unexpectedly family members bought us a crib and dresser, so I guess we will set them up this week. I still can't afford to decorate yet though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search