I REALLY don't want back labor... and other worries...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lucy had been SUPER good about staying head down and with her body turned to the side, feet on my right side... But lately...She's been turning herself... I've had her turn with her feet to the left, and today they are to the front :S And I KNOW that would mean back labor... which scares me because I want a natural labor, and I really don't need MORE pain involved!!!

And then I'm also scared about another thing... With all this turning... I'm starting to get nervous about her cord getting tangled around her body and neck... She's been moving less and less... and I know that is because she has little room and there, but of course I'm starting to get nervous...

IDK... I feel like this is something silly to worry about b/c I can't really do anything about it... I'm trying really hard to sleep on my left side as much as I can, but sometimes I just need to turn myself b/c I'm in so much back/hip pain... there's no way I can do a flu night on one side...

SIGH...

I think my miscarriage is starting to mess with my head... I keep thinking maybe it's not going to happen and I start wondering what on earth I would do with all her stuff :S It's weird, I have been SO positive the last 2 trimesters, but now that the end is RIGHT THERE... I'm getting scared...Everyone is so ready to meet her...I'm just getting more and more anxious...

June 20th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't worry about back labor just yet and I am sure she is fine with her cord, they move all the time until the end. I had back labor and it was painful but the worst was waiting for him to descend but I still managed to do most of the labor epi free.(I was in labor for 36 hours) I have been having extreme irrational emotional outbursts lately LOL I haven't been emotional at all this pregnancy. It is hard when you are in the third trimester, you feel done, you feel overwhelmed by the fact that you will soon have a baby, and your body has begun to give up.

June 20th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I'm a little worried about back labor too. I know Nova spends most of her time facing the wrong way so I'm sort of expecting back labor. But I've heard that if you do have back labor, to get on your hands and knees and that will often encourage the baby to flip over, and that counter pressure on your back helps with the pain. I'm going natural too so the thought of more pain isn't very encouraging, but I figure I've never been in labor before so I can't compare back labor to regular labor and since I'm already expecting labor to be difficult that it won't be too much to deal with if it happens.

You'll be able to do it! And Lucy will come out healthy and beautiful

June 20th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Happy Mommy
I had a completly pain med free delivery with L,, and she was facing up, so I had back labor. it can be done.

If you are honestly worried about her cord, ask the doc for a u/s check before delivery to see where it is located.
June 20th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Summerthyme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had back labor with DS and it was rough...but front labor was rough too. If you want a natural labor you just have to be mentally ready to deal with the pain. I got an epidural because I wanted one (I knew that going in) but I was 6cm when I got it so I did get to experience labor as well.

As far as the cord goes...I think that is something that we all kinda worry about in the back of our heads.
June 20th, 2011, 08:28 AM
mishymama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm very sorry you're worried. I had 2 later term m/c between my 5th and 6th and it really did mess with my head. I was a basket case the whole pregnancy with AG. Just try to relax and be positive as much as you're able.

For positioning-this iste: Easier childbirth with fetal positioning | spinningbabies.com has lots of great tips.

I've had back labor regardless of position. It's rough, but doable.
June 20th, 2011, 10:59 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm sorry you're so stressed right now *hugs* I think it's completely normal to worry about back labour and cord problems! I know they cross my mind from time to time, and I'm BTDT!
June 20th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
*HUGS* try not to stress!!! ( i know easier said than done)
I had back labor with both of mine and they were both natural...painful but absolutely do able and once your at the point of labor, pain is pain regardless of what its from. You'll do great and your sooo close to holding her so stay busy getting ready for her and dont think about the negatives!

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search