Todays OB appointment

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Super Mommy
Well I get to go back thursday.
I txted her yesturday and told her about what happened the other nite, and all the contractions I had had.
She checked me and the first words out of her mouth were, "the baby is as low as it can get" which shocked me. As last week, when Dc. C checked me, he was rather high. She said my cervix is still closed and thick (or long, not sure which one). She said he tracings on the non stress test were fine, and i even had a contraction while on the monitor, which kind of showed up, but not good. My base line was around 13-16 and it went up to 22 for a good 40 seconds. I had another one a few min later but it didnt show up good, just went up to 23 for a few seconds then went back down. I told the Tech about it and told me it was nothing. I said well..for it being nothing it sure hurt alot lol.
anyway, so the OB told me i need to be on bed rest, which isnt going to happen as i have a 9 yr old, and i just cant sit or lay down longer than an hour. I have a husband to care for, a 9 yr old to care for, and a house to clean (or try to clean). Just no way. SO im tring to stay off my feet instead.
The U/S went well. The Tech, Sandie, does a great job. She told me that all the babies were giving her a hard time and hoped mine would be good lol. I told her he always is good for you. She laughed. She laid me down and all that stuff and then scanned. She said it looked like my fluid was low and measured. She said it was around 8.5 and should be 10-13. I told her i figured it was as i didnt have a chance to drink much fluid yesterday at the grill out, and hadnt this morning either. For some reason, if i dont drink much the day before it goes low. Im wondering if i have a tiny leak...cause I do drink alot of fluids daily. She said he looked good and even showed he has hair lol. So i got lab work down, and have to my 3rd 24 hour urine catch. She said my Blood sugar looks ok and shes not to worried about that right now, but she is my BP. It was high today again.

So I get to go back thursday for all this ALLLL over again lol. Then go back next week for the same thing. Its a weekly thing for me as it has been.

June 20th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Happy Mommy
sounds like a good check, long/thick for your cervix are used interchangable.

why do they want you on Bedrest? just because baby is low or?
June 20th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Super Mommy
Because im only 34 weeks according to them, and having contractions. Its just till thursday. She also said cause my BP is up and my fluid is very low. Im just tring to keep of my feet as much as i can...not working well

June 20th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Happy Mommy
oh okay. just drink more water, it will really help fluid level
June 20th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Super Mommy
i am. thanx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search