US, and birthing tour!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my final level 2 US today with the MFM. Everything looks great! She is estimating 6lb 4oz which seems big to me for 35w 3d, but they said I was measuring 35w 5d, so pretty close I guess. Fluid levels are great, anatomy looks great, she was breathing which I was happy to see. First thing doctor said when he saw the head is that she has hair! I hope she has a lot of it, you could definitely see hair on the US screen, it was so cool that he pointed it out to me! My BP at the visit was fine as well, which I was worried was going to be high since I had to rush from my hospital over to the other hospital and was running a few minutes late...I was waddling as fast as I could..lol.

After the US, my DH and I had dinner which was nice because we don't get to eat by ourselves very often! Then we went to the birthing tour, and I am so impressed! My favorite thing about it is the "No Separation" policy...everything they usually do in the nursery, like baths, eye gel, Vitamin K shot, measuring, assessment is done right in the room with you. Also they believe in getting the baby to the boob or bottle (but they highly encourage BF) within 1 hour after vaginal birth, and 2 hours after C-section. So I can deliver, attach her to the boob right after delivery, and then get all the other stuff done! Because this is a new built hospital (they moved into the place from across town a year ago), everything looks so nice, all private rooms with great views of a lake. The only downside is you can't have a water birth there...which I probably wouldn't be able to do anyway if induced. Not really an issue for me. I started getting that emotional feeling in your throat/stomach, like you are going to cry as I was going through the tour, thinking "OMG...this is going to happen in 4 weeks....or less" and the emotions started going.

Tomorrow I have my OB appt, hoping to get checked for progress!

June 21st, 2011, 06:59 AM
Happy Mommy
sounds like a good check thus far
June 21st, 2011, 07:03 AM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
Sounds like a great tour!

I wanna hear about the OB apt.!

June 21st, 2011, 08:01 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Sounds like a great tour!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: