What big things are you bring to L&D?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2011, 08:31 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
Ive been reading about all the things that people say you should bring to L&D... and I feel like in order to bring it all, you need a moving truck!! There are so many larger things! Like a birth ball, breastfeeding pillow, blankets, pillows, and someone even recommend a lamp!!

Are you bringing any of these large items?

June 20th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am bringing an exercise ball since the hospital does not provide one. I am bringing my ipod with the alarm clock so that we can play music. I am going to leave my boppy in the car in case I want it after she arrives.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

June 20th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Veteran
I'm bringing pillows. I've been debating on the Boppy, but if I do, I'll leave that in the car until post-delivery when we're in a room. Other than that, I'm not bringing anything else big!
June 20th, 2011, 08:52 PM
MissImpatientlyWaiting's Avatar Super Mommy
I may bring an exercise ball, and I am bringing my bobby but leaving it in the car. Other than that I'm not dragging any big items and I am not packing more than necessary.
June 20th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Im definitely bringing pillows... the ones at the hospital are so bad that they even tell you during the tour to make sure you bring some... and I think I'll leave my BFing pillow in the car... thankfully my hospital provides balls. I may bring a blanket if we dont have an obscene amount of stuff

June 20th, 2011, 08:57 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
i'm not bringing anything (except the camera & my phone) in until after the baby is born. it'll stay in the car.

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
June 20th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Jasonswife99's Avatar Super Mommy
I am bringing our excercise ball. The hospital does have a few, but I don't want to take the chance they would be in use already.

Forever missing our angels...
April 25, 2010 & January 4, 2010
June 20th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I'm going to bring a Boppy and probably a couple regular pillows (one for me, one for hubs) since the hospital recommends it... and I can't imagine why they would unless their pillows suck Other than those, the only "big" thing will be the hospital bag

June 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm bringing....a bag of clothes n stuff. Bag of clothes n stuff for baby. That's about it! I've heard lots of advice to bring pillows but I probably won't. I'm starting to think that *maybe* I will because I can't lay down for more than 1 min. without a pillow as it is, how am I supposed to last hours?

June 20th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I think if your hospital recommends bringing a pillow, you prolly should... cause Im pretty sure my hospital ssaves money by just filling pillowcases with sand and then telling you to bring your own.

June 20th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am bringing my pillow and my special blanket (named big squishy)

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful Siggy!

June 21st, 2011, 12:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Maybe a pillow....but I'm not bringing any other big items.

June 21st, 2011, 12:52 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
pillows yes.. i will be taking one for my self.. cos i dont like anyother pillow other than mine..!! though the hospital ones are good and comfy in my hospital. thats what i can remember from 4 yrs back..!!!
boppy pillow will come after delivery.. someone will just run to my house n get it.. im 5mins drive away from home..!!
other than that its just my small luggage bag and baby's bag.. not really gonna bring anything else..! decided to make use of each and everything they provide in the package cos im paying big $$ for the delivery package and im not covered by insurance..!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

June 21st, 2011, 01:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by **Katie** View Post
I think if your hospital recommends bringing a pillow, you prolly should... cause Im pretty sure my hospital ssaves money by just filling pillowcases with sand and then telling you to bring your own.
lol.
June 21st, 2011, 04:35 AM
mommabirdof4
Well, since I have already given birth...I will just list what I did bring...and how it worked out.

I brought a pillow, my bag, boys bag, a bag of snacks and juice for DH and big kids (this came in very handy), DH brought his PS3 so we could watch DVDs and he could play his video games. DH went home after the birth and got himself some pillows for himself and the big kids, also got everything needed for the big kids.

Since we have BTDT we really didn't bring anything that didn't get used....DH and the big kids slept on the air mattress. We watched DVDs from home the first day and DH went to the video store the second day. He played his game some when the boys and I were sleeping. The snacks got used by DH and the big kids...plus since I was free from the GD diet right away I was able to induldge in some carbs right away and it was NICE!!! I LOVED having my own pillow...They even let me have it in the OR when I was delivering the boys....it was heaven vs. just the hospital pillow...This is the first time I have brought my own pillow and I highly recommend it!!! The air mattress was great...DH really enjoyed being able to have a "real" bed...and it made the big kids a lot more comfy I think.

One tip that I have is bring dark colored clothes to wear after the birth...you will bleed a lot and sometimes you may drible or leak just a tad and the dark colored clothes will hide it a lot better...nice when you have so many people in and out of the room...and it isn't always possiable to change every single time. I had Dark blue pants and I LOVED them...oh and they were draw string not elastic so didn't put to much pressure on my belly and would have been great for a c-section (which is why I got them) because I could chose where they sat on my waist...could have put them up super high above the incision site if needed.

Will think about this somemore and may come back and add some more.
June 21st, 2011, 05:39 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I hadn't thought about bringing dark pants/shorts! Good idea!! Thanks!

June 21st, 2011, 05:40 AM
Super Mommy
Last time we just brought the Boppy. I would love to bring my pillow but I have a fear that I'm going to leave it behind and it was quite pricey (my bday present a couple years ago!). But if my hospital told me to bring my pillow I definitely would! The pillows they had last year when I had my son weren't bad at all thank goodness!!
June 21st, 2011, 07:06 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I don't plan to bring any bigger things, I didn't with my other LO's, and I was fine
June 21st, 2011, 07:28 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
A lamp??? lol

I am bringing pillows, that is it...
June 21st, 2011, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetria View Post
A lamp??? lol

I am bringing pillows, that is it...
Yeah... she said she hated florescent lights... so she recommended bringing a lamp or two so you dont have to use the overhead lights

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search