Back from my midwife appt *little worried*

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2011, 02:03 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Thanks ladies for all the positive encouragement.

I had my ultrasound today, I don't have all the results as the tech couldn't disclose everything but I do know she's (still a she) in the 97th percentile for both height and weight and over 3lbs.

I've been doing a lot of reading on big babies and different positions for pushing to help the delivery. I'm not the first person to give birth to a big baby vaginally, and I know I won't be the last, and I know I can do it. I called my midwife today and she told me to stop stressing to just go with the flow and we'll discuss my options at my next visit.

She is still supportive of my VBA2C, and said she will still attend my birth regardless of what the OB says. (It's not my OB, I just have to meet with one, because of policy). I'm thankful I live in a place where VBAC is encouraged and the doctors and midwives let you make the decision for yourself. I am meeting with a brand new OB who my midwives call "Midwife in disguise", and she's very VBAC friendly. I definitely feel better now after talking to my midwife, she`s truly wonderful.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
June 22nd, 2011, 04:08 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
That sounds so relieving to hear such wonderful news. I feel like you need someone like this to mesh with what you want. KUP on what the meeting with the OB is like!

June 22nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad that you have a supportive midwife and I hope your meeting with the new ob goes well too. Keep your head up and thinking positive about what you want. I really hope that you get to experience your vaginal birth.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search