Went to L&D last night......

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2011, 11:41 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
but everything turned out good.

I see another post about this as well. But yesterday I started getting this really achy feeling in my lower back and pelvis. Like my period was coming. Then I started getting really irregular what feels like contractions. They started yesterday at at 10am. But sometimes I could go an hour and not get one and then get 2 or 3 about 4-5 mins apart. I stopped timing them. I started drinking lots of water and I went home and layed down. At about 11pm last night I realized that the baby was having a 'slow' day, I didn't feel him moving much and I was worried that these irregular contractions might be doing something.

So I headed into L&D. Baby was doing great and of course got really active once they started the NST. They noted that that baby had an irregular heart beat too, but said it's nothing to really worry about. I was still getting the contraction like pains, but nothing was registering on the machine. (has anyone had this before??) I thought maybe bladder infection or something because I also have this pressury feeling in my low abdomen. When I stand up it hurts more like a strechy pressure. But my urine came back clean.

My hips have been achy for quite some time now, but this is different and hit me yesterday. I still have it. I'm at work soooo tired and achy.

Anyway, the dr. said she thinks it's musculoskeletal, and/or ligament type pain. She checked my cervix and it's high, long and closed. She did say that because I'm over weight (extra fat on my belly) and only 30 weeks that small contractions might not register on the machine, so I need to keep an eye on it. But she doesn't think it's PTL and I have no history of it.

I don't know what to think, it def feels like mini or very early contractions, I don't really notice my belly get really tight (but I have flab on top..lol)...but the pain is very similar to early contractions.

Anyway, going to L&D got me nervous about how close this is getting. I don't want to be this uncomfortable for the next 9-12 weeks, but I also don't want to give birth yet....lol

Just thought I'd share.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

June 21st, 2011, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad you went in and everything was alright.
June 21st, 2011, 12:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad everything was okay. But yeah No fun that they don't have an answer. I don't want you to be that uncomfortable either

June 21st, 2011, 03:07 PM
Happy Mommy
I'm glad all is well!
June 21st, 2011, 03:20 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad they said everything is OK! I have been having similar sensations and my OB told me today mine is due to lack of muscle tone/control in my abdomen/pelvis. I bought a maternity girdle/support belt thing per his recommendation hoping that will help!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
June 22nd, 2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks Ladies! I am feeling much better today. I thought about getting one of those support belts, but not sure they'd fit me (I'm over weight) so I never tried.

June 22nd, 2011, 10:56 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
So glad everything is OK!
June 22nd, 2011, 11:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I'm glad to hear that everything is ok with you and the baby! For us plus-sized moms, it seems like a lot of stuff is just brushed off because we're fat. I hate that. I get pains like that and they are Braxton Hicks contractions.

I would recommend that you try doing some pelvic rocks to start getting a little more tone in your abdomen. From hands and knees position, just tuck your tail bone in and raise up your back, hold for 2 seconds and then relax down again. I do 40 of these 3x per day. I also use Red Raspberry Leaf tea to help tone the uterus, but I don't start that until 34 weeks.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
June 22nd, 2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by way2gomom View Post
For us plus-sized moms, it seems like a lot of stuff is just brushed off because we're fat. I hate that. .
LOL I know, being pregnant and over weight just isn't the same as pregnant and thin (or being thin before being pregnant). Most people in general are too scared to ask if I am pregnant, or just assume I'm 'fatter'. I know some other ladies in my office are pregnant too, and everyone is always stopping them to talk about their pregnancy, but its like most people avoid the topic with me, or don't realize I'm pregnant because I've always been over weight..anyways...sorry to go off on that topic..hahahaha

As far as dr's go. Most think I'll have a big baby because I'm big, but I have a history of small babies.

As for the Braxton Hicks contractions..maybe it's the same for me?? They were never painful in my other pregnancies though..so I dunno.

I will try the pelvis rocks. I did Red Raspberry Leaf tea last time as well. I posted in that thread about it. I do plan on doing it this time too...starting at about 32-34 weeks.

Last edited by CanadianLou; June 22nd, 2011 at 11:23 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search