Stupid Monitor

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2011, 12:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am soooooo frustrated. We got a monitor at our baby shower. we registered for two just in case. One was a video one for like 139 the other a digital one for 59.99. Well we got the 59.99 one and I was way excited. It has tons of cool features, like an intercom and you can read the temp from the parent until of the childs room. Just stuff like that. Well we registered for it at the store but lately looking at reviews I was a little nervous about it. They were either really good or really bad. We haven been using it now with Kaiya for a few days and randomly it beeps saying it lost connection with the other unit. So from 5 this morning until 9:30 when Kaiya woke up, which means we actually got up it kept beeping. It would do it a couple of times, then be quiet for a little bit then do it again. No way do I want my monitor waking me up in the night when the kid on the other end is sleeping! Also I don't want that is losing connection all the time. so we have to take it back. Now we don't want to spend a whole lot on our monitor. I think they ended up getting ours on sale for 49.99 but I am not positive. So anyways I want to try to stick around that price. But I can't seem to find any around that price with good reviews. Why couldn't this one just work!!

Oh for those of you who are interested this is the monitor I am talking about Graco Direct Connect Digital Monitor with 1 Parent Receiver : Target

June 21st, 2011, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry.
June 21st, 2011, 12:49 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I did lots of research before registering for one, and I have never seen a bad thing about Angel Care monitors, so that's what I registered for

They are quite pricey, though the one I want comes with the motion monitor for DIS (which terrifies me) so I think the peace of mind is worth the price!
June 21st, 2011, 02:19 PM
Kim
That sucks that it's not working for you! We got the same one but with 2 receivers, and it's working really well. At first we just ran the transmitter in Jenna's room on batteries and it didn't work well at all; once we plugged it into the wall, it's been perfect. I hope you find something that works better for you.

June 21st, 2011, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah they are both plugged into the wall, but I don't know why it would lose connection, it's not that far from each other. Maybe I should just exchange it for the same one and try again.

June 21st, 2011, 05:58 PM
Amanda_Lynn24's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a fisher-price monitor. I look on a couple websites and dont see it. Im pretty sure they just updated them since mine are almost two years old. But anyways I have the fisher-price regular audio monitors and also a fisher-price video monitor and both have been wonderful with out any problems so maybe it would a brand for you to look into.
June 21st, 2011, 05:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks I'll check into it.

June 21st, 2011, 06:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was looking at that one at target too darn I am going to do some research online

June 21st, 2011, 07:13 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
we bought this one.
MBP35 deluxe two-way baby monitor with video display at the Motorola Canada Store
It has a little tail at the back, I call it my watch dog lol

[/url
June 21st, 2011, 08:06 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh that sucks that you have to take it back! It sounds like it was really cool too. I like the temperature feature.

June 22nd, 2011, 11:30 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
That sucks!
June 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We just went and got this one So we'll see how it works.
Summer Infant Day & Night Baby Video Monitor : Target

But after looking it up I see it's 90 dollars online from target and we paid 139.99 in the store. So looks like I am returning it and buying online.

June 22nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Bummer on the first one not working and the price of the second one at the store. They both look neat!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
June 22nd, 2011, 02:08 PM
JustOneMoreBean's Avatar Super Mommy
Emily, the one you bought is the one we're getting (the Summer one). I have friends who love that one!

Tags
monitor

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search