Name?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2011, 03:45 PM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok guys. Your a bunch of level headed folk, I have a question for you.

I am agonizing over names for this little one. In the past I have loved the Summer. I still love the name Summer. This is my problem though. I really want Sue as a middle name. It's my late mothers name....so I want baby to be"____ Sue". And I dont want to use my mom's first name ...it was Harleene...which I am not fond of! Well, I think Summer Sue sounds really stupid. So I was thinking of breaking up the name a bit like Summer Rae Sue? Dont forget I have this long hideous last name too...Loutensock. Advice? Do you like Summer Sue? Does it need to be broken up? Do I need to just bag it and go with something different all together? I really like nature names, but am having issues coming up with something that doesnt sound too cliche...like River Sue, or Stormy Sue.

Ideas? I really could use some advice and ideas....

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
June 21st, 2011, 03:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I agree if you use it it needs to be broken up. But I also agree you don't want it to get to long. I like the name summer though. But if you think about it most people won't be saying the full name together all the time. So if you really want it go with it.

June 21st, 2011, 03:55 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's cute, but breaking it up might be better, but then you don't want her to have a lot of names, either. Could you elongate the Sue? I know it wouldn't be exactly your mom's name then, but it could still be in tribute/memory of her. Like Summer Suzanne? Just an idea! Good luck and I know whatever you decide it will be perfect for your little girl!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
June 21st, 2011, 03:55 PM
Happy Mommy
My theory is this, how often do you actually use a person FULL name any how?

that said I think Summer sue is okay
June 21st, 2011, 06:18 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
My theory is this, how often do you actually use a person FULL name any how?

that said I think Summer sue is okay
I think this too. Summer Sue is actually pretty cute!

[/url
June 21st, 2011, 06:54 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Ro. Middle names really aren't important outside of JM. If you like Summer and Sue, go for it. No they don't really sound great together since they both start with S and Sue is one syllable, but I like the reasoning behind choosing Sue.

June 21st, 2011, 07:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Ro and Rae.
June 21st, 2011, 07:48 PM
r&lsmama
I think summer sue is pretty, and totally agree with ro
June 21st, 2011, 07:55 PM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Totally agree that you rarely use the middle name anyway. The only way anyone ever knows your middle name is if they ask. I think Summer Sue is cute.
June 21st, 2011, 08:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i like summer sue or summer susan

June 21st, 2011, 09:35 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think you should give up a first name that you love or a middle name that you really want, because like everyone else said, most people won't say first and middle names together Dillon was dead set on Kenneth for the middle name of our son (after his dad), and I nearly refused to use any sort of C/K name because I didn't like the sound of them with Kenneth. But...in the end I decided no one would be calling Collin "Collin Kenneth" so it was fine Weirdly enough, I call him Collin Kenneth when I'm frustrated all the time

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

June 22nd, 2011, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually don't think it sounds that bad at all. And, I really, really think that babies grow into their names, and even if before they're here it sounds a little off, or awkward, once they've been around for a few months, that's all you know them as and it sounds completely natural - it's just who they are

Thank you Kiliki for my new siggy - I it!!

June 22nd, 2011, 10:31 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I've never been a fan of the name Summer, to be honest. I do think Summer Sue sounds funny together.
June 22nd, 2011, 11:13 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I don't count. You know our last name is 3 syllables yet all our kids have 3 names not counting the last. Natalie Elizabeth Ann is one of the short ones, lol. The way I see it, she'll have lots of choices of names/nicknames she can go by. That being said, no one ever says their full name. The majority of the time it's just their nickname.

I did have a friend growing up who's name was Summer Ray. Everyone called her Summer Ray even though Ray was her last name. I personally like Summer Rae Sue

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
June 22nd, 2011, 11:15 AM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really appreciate everyone's input. You all have some great advice!

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search