Trip to L&D last night..

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2011, 05:52 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I started having some contractions yesterday, and after about 3.5 hours we decided to go into the city to be clsoe to the hospital (I live 1.5 hours away, and have fast labours). We went in, walked around the mall, and they got worse. By the time we got to the hospital though, they were starting to go away again. She checked me and I was only 1cm dialated, but my cervix had moved down a lot. She said not to put too much stock in the dialation because since this is my third baby, that could change completely in an hour. There was also a lot of "bloody show" when she checked me.. They monitored me for a bit and my contractions were being picked up, so she offered to have me stay the night anyway, but I decided to come home. She said it might be early labour, or it might be nothing, but if I have even one strong contraction, to come right back in, and if my water breaks, to call an ambulance. Dam, living so far away makes me nervous!
June 22nd, 2011, 05:57 AM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
Yay for possible labor... but boo for living so far away... that would make me nervous too

Are you still contracting?

June 22nd, 2011, 06:27 AM
SarahAngela's Avatar Veteran
I get nervous also! I just moved and live 80 miles away from my hospital. Hope when you go into labor your able to make it there!!

June 22nd, 2011, 07:01 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I would be nervous too.I live about 35 minutes from the hospital but 1.5 hours would freak me out!!!Are you feeling better this AM?

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

June 22nd, 2011, 07:06 AM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
Are you feeling any better today? I would almost go and stay in a hotel close to the hospital if you start feeling bad again. I wouldn't want to chance being that far from the hospital and going into labor.

June 22nd, 2011, 07:56 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
The contractions have subsided for the most part, I've just got a constant tightness going on now. At least SO is home today, so if I need to, we can leave in a hurry.. and I have an appointment tomorrow so hopefully there's progress, and if there is, we'll probably just stay in the city from then on.
June 22nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
Super Mommy
oh my. I would be worried sick! Is there anyone you can stay with, like family? at least your not alone today in case you need to go fast.

Elizabeth

Emily
June 22nd, 2011, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck at your appt today! Living that far away from my hospital would make me soo nervous!
June 22nd, 2011, 03:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope you can make it. My hospital is an hour away and that is my biggest fear right now so I know the anxiety you must be feeling. Hopefully you progress slow enough to make it in time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search