We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I started having some contractions yesterday, and after about 3.5 hours we decided to go into the city to be clsoe to the hospital (I live 1.5 hours away, and have fast labours). We went in, walked around the mall, and they got worse. By the time we got to the hospital though, they were starting to go away again. She checked me and I was only 1cm dialated, but my cervix had moved down a lot. She said not to put too much stock in the dialation because since this is my third baby, that could change completely in an hour. There was also a lot of "bloody show" when she checked me.. They monitored me for a bit and my contractions were being picked up, so she offered to have me stay the night anyway, but I decided to come home. She said it might be early labour, or it might be nothing, but if I have even one strong contraction, to come right back in, and if my water breaks, to call an ambulance. Dam, living so far away makes me nervous!
Are you feeling any better today? I would almost go and stay in a hotel close to the hospital if you start feeling bad again. I wouldn't want to chance being that far from the hospital and going into labor.
The contractions have subsided for the most part, I've just got a constant tightness going on now. At least SO is home today, so if I need to, we can leave in a hurry.. and I have an appointment tomorrow so hopefully there's progress, and if there is, we'll probably just stay in the city from then on.