Is it good enough?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Beth04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that running is better than walking for a cardio work out. But as far as losing weight/fat burning is walking pushing the stroller a good enough work out? Would I be better off running? I already walk pushing the stroller a lot because it is my only means of transportation besides the bus and getting rides right now, but would it make a big enough difference if I also went out and ran for like 15-20 minutes when BF gets home from work at night (the only time I can do it because I'm by myself with Jax all day) or would it be the same if I walked pushing the stroller for another 15-20 minutes a day?

thank you gypsystar for my wonderful siggy!
June 24th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Leah W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure if it'd be quite the same, but it'd still be pretty good. Can't remember what I heard, but I like the phrase: "No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

June 24th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Randijo2's Avatar Mommy of 4
I think they are both effective. I feel better about my workout when I move faster and sweat a lot. You will burn more in 15-20 min running than you would walking. Walking just takes longer. You may have to walk an hour compared to running 15-20min.

June 24th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Mommy to Lil Miss Boss
It's enough. I walked off about 30 lbs when I was doing Weight Watchers. I like walking better anyway, it's easy on your knees and it's very effective. Get a pedometer and get walking, you will be surprised at how many miles you can cover.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
June 24th, 2011, 07:15 PM
momof4mnkys
Walking is great and will help you to burn a lot of calories. If you want to burn even more then yea I would try jogging some but don't overdo it & don't worry about it if you don't get jogging in one day. If you are new at jogging you should try the Couch to 5K running program. It is awesome, and it shows you how to slowly get into jogging so that you don't push yourself to hard. It's only three days a week so that's not that much but it'll definitely give you an extra boost.
June 25th, 2011, 04:08 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Walking, especially pushing a stroller, is great exercise. Now, you won't burn calories as fast as if you were running, but you'll still get benefits. I like to run because it burns faster, but I know a lot of people with bad knees, or who just hate running and love walking. I say do whatever you enjoy because that is what you'll stick with.

When you're walking, put some effort behind it. Get winded, tighten up your abs and butt, etc. Make it worth it!

Tags
may 11 shrinking bees

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search