Attn : Low Carb Dieters.

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Ooh_lala's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What diet plan are you following? What's a typical breakfast, lunch, dinner etc? I really want to go this route but I'd definitely like some ideas to get me started.

Piper- 02/12/07
Camden- 02/27/08
Ryker- 01/12/10
Atticus- 05/26/11

FINALLY expecting PINK again! Tatum Carlee EDD 06/08.

You don't have to ask, yes we know what causes it, and since you're asking and dont, google might be a nice place to start.
June 24th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Mommy to Lil Miss Boss
Once I move onto the stabilization phase of my diet (HCG Protocol), I will be eating low carb.
I use a combo of the Atkins Diet and The South Beach diet at that time.

You can start by researching those diets too. Alot of people think that a low carb lifestyle means no carbs, when in fact that is not true. Both Atkins and South Beach teach how to incorporate "good" carbs into your diet. With the exception of the induction period on the Atkins diet, you are allowed to eat low carb food like some fruits, veggies and nuts in additon to proteins and fats.

I like low carb, because it teaches me how to eat "real" food and avoid all the processed junk. This is one of the reasons I stopped Weight Watchers. I found that I was getting the majority of my calories from processed frozen foods and snacks for points value sake.

To answer your question a typical breakfast for me consists of bacon and eggs or sausage and eggs or some type of omelet filled with veggies or even some fruit and cheese. Depends on how I'm feeling.

Lunch would be a protein and a veggie and dinner would be the same.

I use this blog to make new low carb meals. I've used a few of her recipes and they were awesome!

Your Lighter Side...: ...of Recipes

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
June 26th, 2011, 07:48 PM
momof4mnkys
Ditto to everything that Tiana just said! You may catch a lot of crap from people about following low carb b/c they think it's unhealthy. I don't understand how a diet loaded with protein, veggies, fruits, nuts, and healthy fats is not healthy, but anyways here is a typical meal plan for me.

Breakfast:

2 eggs scrambled w/cheese. Don't use shredded cheese! If you want it buy it in the blocks & shred it yourself. They add starch to shredded cheese to keep it from sticking together so much.

Lunch:

Meat w/veggies or grilled chicken salad, or lettuce wraps w/no sugar added lunch meat.

Dinner:

Any kind of meat ( don't worry about fat content ), a side of veggies, and a small piece of fruit. Make sure you chose low sugar fruits like berries.

Go to Welcome to Genaw.com She has some awesome low carb recipes, and there are literally hundreds of them.

Some of my favorite side dishes are cheesy green beans, deviled eggs, broccoli w/cheese, and guacamole. If I get hungry througout the day I snack on nuts, seeds, or cheese sticks. The first week or so are the hardest b/c you are cutting your sugar cravings, but it is so worth it in the end. If you need help me & Tiana are here!! Good luck!!

Tags
may 11 shrinking bees

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search