Been MIA ~ Prayers for my niece please!!! ~ Born 4 weeks early!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2011, 07:37 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This note is posted on my Facebook, those who are on my list can see her pics as well ~ I won't be posting them on here. I've removed some info for personal reasons.

On Wednesday, June 22nd 2011 at approximately 3:32am Victoria was brought into the world via C-Section, at Hospital. She weighed in at 8lbs 12oz and was 20.5" long.

Shortly after birth the doctor's and nurses in the NICU discovered she wasn't swallowing accordingly. They did a chest X-Ray and determined she didn't have a fully developed esophagus, therefore resulting in her immediately being transferred to the NICU for further testing. Wednesday morning, she was transported to Toronto's Hospital for Sick Kids, and we were told she would need surgery for it to be fixed.

Thursday at Sick Kids, Grandma Y, Grandma B and I were able to hold her for a little bit. We were told she was doing good and was stable. She cried a tiny bit but is settled down quickly. The doctor told Daddy that surgery would be Friday.

On Friday Jennifer was discharged from H and we took her down to Sick Kids to see Victoria, she was able to hold her for a good amount of time! Surgery began around 2:30pm. At 6:30pm the doctor came and spoke to us about everything, informing us Victoria had 2 "defects" : Esophageal Atresia and Tracheoesophageal Fistula. He informed us that he had his own goals for her, but its all about how she heals, he doesn't rush the healing process. He informed us that 85% of the EA's at Sick Kids also have TF, and that the operation itself is about 60 years old.

He told us his goal was for Sunday(today) to let feedings begin via a tube in her nose, and that's exactly what happened! Victoria is right on track for what they want! She is scheduled for a dye test on Friday, but due to it being Canada Day, it will likely happen Thursday or Monday, and hopefully the breathing tube is out before then!

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, these next few weeks are critical to her healing and coming home where she belongs!!!

If you google the "defects" you'll get more info, she had Type C ~ TF. We had no idea she would be born like this, the doctor informed us that during u/s Jennifer would have had an excess of fluid, and the stomach would appear small on the baby ~ we were told about the fluid but not the stomach and they chopped it up to it simply being because my sister was diabetic! They told us that it happens during the 1st trimester and isn't accuratly seen until the 20 week ultrasound.

She's doing good for now and whenever I'm with her, her eyes are open the whole time!

PS ~ My gender u/s is tomorrow, so hopefully I'll find out!!

June 26th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Praying for her and your family
June 26th, 2011, 07:59 PM
SouthernMamaBri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via MSN to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via Skype™ to SouthernMamaBri
thoughts and prayers to you and your family

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my AMAZING siggie!
June 26th, 2011, 09:09 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thought and prayers to you , your sister, and the rest of the family! Hoping for a speedy recovery from surgery!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
June 26th, 2011, 09:54 PM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Big hugs to you and your family!! Keep us posted on how Victoria is doing!!

My gender ultrasound is tomorrow too. I hope you find out!!

June 26th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thoughts and Prayers!!

Good Luck at your US!

June 27th, 2011, 08:21 AM
*Tracy*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
t&p for victoria and family

June 27th, 2011, 10:08 AM
**Linda**
Thoughts and prayers and hugs for you and your family and Baby Victoria! KUP. Hugs!!

June 27th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Carey
My prayers are with baby Victoria and your family right now. What a scary situation, but Victoria sounds strong. It also sounds like she is getting the best medical care. KUP!

June 27th, 2011, 03:10 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks everyone! My niece has been on her feeding tube since yesterday and her milk has been upped to 4cc's an hour and she's had her first soft poop!

Tags
birth defects , esophageal atresia , sick kids , surgery , tracheoesophageal fistula

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search