Anyone else housebound?!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Lovinglifewithtwo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do not mean to make this a woe is me post but i'm being truthful here....I cannot go out. Blake does not allow it. Between him and my pumping schedule, I literally cannot leave the house.

He is not the best in the car, and as soon as the car stops moving, he wakes up and is fussing. We were at a birthday party on our street on Saturday and he was a wreck, we went to the dollar store the other day, he was a wreck., i tried to go grocery shopping, I had to leave my cart in the aisle and leave. I seriously cannot go out unless it's to a place I can sit there and focus on him...it's just not worth it.

I never had this with Devyn...she slept great when we went out and was quite content to just look around. We used to go out daily, even a walk around Walmart was fine and dandy. Blake ONLY wants to be in the baby bjorn when we are out and I have to constantly be moving, walking, bouncing etc. It's exhausting and embarrassing.

I am a busy body, I love to go out, love to be busy with Devyn but Blake really deters that. We live in the country and have friends all over the city, and I cannot see many of them unless they come here. I can manage going to a splash pad or park because I just end up sitting there with my boob in his mouth to calm him down.

I am not angry, hell I think this is great for my shopping addiction (aka I can't shop) but at the same time...it's so restricting. Today is my hubby's bday and I can't even go out and get him anything, even a card.

I actually just advertised on our local sites about a mother's helper. We have someone come to clean once a week but I need someone to be able to watch him for an hour so I can go out even for a tiny bit. It's also so stressful to be with a screaming baby because it upsets Devyn and I feel bad. I am getting quite used to the "poor you" looks when we go out.

Anyways, any other moms can't go out because of their happy, calm babies?? lol

Last edited by Lovinglifewithtwo; June 27th, 2011 at 05:49 AM.
June 27th, 2011, 05:54 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
ME!!!! I never know when Max will start up so I just don't leave the house often with him. He seems to get overtired and overstimulated so easily and instead of just falling asleep, he starts crying. I have to always wait for Dh to get home so I can run out. Or like today, I have a Dr.'s appt and my mom is going to come over to watch him. Really, I should be able to take him with me, but I don't want to deal with him in public alone yet.

June 27th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Leah W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
James is a pretty happy content baby and is quiet in the car and in public, but I'm still housebound because we only have one car at the moment and DH takes it to work! It's a little infuriating sometimes (I really REALLY need to go shopping for some clothes that fit...), but I'm a complete homebody so it's not too bad. I mostly stayed home whenever possible even before he was born.

June 27th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Randijo2's Avatar Mommy of 4
Even though you feel like you cant do it, do it anyway. Josie started out being that way and I know how frustrating it can be. She is finally getting better in the car, thank god. She tends to just fall asleep most of the time when we are out in about. She woke up in the carseat at the dollar store crying so I just picked her up and carried her and she was fine. She did the same thing at the chinese buffet yesterday and I just took her out and held her and gave her a bottle I brought and she was fine. If your pumping schedule is keeping you THAT restricted maybe you need to relax on it a little. I know how determined you are. But, when there are extra things in life going on... even if it's just one day... you can miss a pump session. It will not be the end of the world. He is already use to formula so if you run a little short on breastmilk... it's not going to hurt him. My advice to you, is to keep taking him out. Then maybe he will get use to it. I know it's stressful, but just keep doing it.

June 27th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Super Mommy
hugs to you momma!

June 27th, 2011, 07:32 AM
gypsystar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Us, totally homebound. It's funny I'm a big homebody anyway but I hate the feeling that I can't go if I want to. Sophie just wants to nurse the whole time we are out somewhere. I hate NIP but I can get over it if she'll just nurse and be happy but she won't she just wants to nurse the whole time and I can't do anything else.

Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

June 27th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Caitlin usually sleeps while we're out. However, I haven't gone out with both girls by myself yet (though I did go to my friend's house one day) so I do feel a little stuck. I used to take Megan out shopping and other places all the time but it makes me nervous to grocery shop alone with both girls so I haven't done it yet. When Caitlin gets fussy while we're out it's stressful enough, I can't imagine how it'd be if she fussed the entire time. So I feel for you!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
June 27th, 2011, 09:12 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Like Randi said, just go! I know how hard it is to be in public with a screaming baby, but honestly it helps my sanity to get out of the house. I had to go to Target the other day and Violet threw a huge screaming fit and everyone was staring and the cashiers were making comments, but what was I going to do? She didn't want her paci, she wasn't hungry, sometimes babies just need a good cry. She is screaming her little head off right now as a matter of fact. Nothing I do is calming her down so I'm gonna let her scream for 5 minutes and try again.

June 27th, 2011, 10:14 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep same here! It was the same story with DS1 so I'm at least used to it this time. Doesn't make it any easier though...I HATE being home ALL day. I'm actually going back to work pt in 3 weeks and look forward to it! I love my boys, but momma needs a break to keep sane. Miles is OK in the car if he's sleeping already, but if I take the car-seat out to go into a store he usually wakes up and he will not sit in the car-seat, so I have to carry him.

This is one of the reasons I just don't understand how people have more than 1 or 2 kids...I hate this sitting home thing.

June 29th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Veteran
I dread red lights cause as soon as the car stop moving, baby is not happy. EVERY red lights. Baby is being fussy now so gotta go
June 29th, 2011, 03:20 PM
xmandiex1315x's Avatar Super Mommy
Dakota is always very fussy in the late afternoon and evenings. Now that I am back to work it is the only time that I get to go out and get anything done. It took us 3 days before we got the chance to go grocery shopping because every night she was a wreck. I'm hoping she grows out of it soon!

Thank-you GraysMama for my awesome siggy!!
June 29th, 2011, 03:30 PM
mama2boys&girl's Avatar Kaylene
Not anymore because DH is home so I can go out by myself. Since having my wisdom teeth out Uzzy has been a wreck because the pain meds are causing her to have bad tummy aches and gas. She has to be held all the time. Just today she screamed the whole time we were at the store. Luckily, DH was with me. I hope after I am off my meds that she will mellow out again.
June 29th, 2011, 06:43 PM
MamaManna07's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same way here....JD is such a fussy butt compared to Lena, I feel your pain

I usually dont get out because of the heat

*Kara rocks my socks with her siggies*

June 29th, 2011, 09:55 PM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
Same here! David has been having reflux issues and sometimes fussy at the breast...plus the awful heat here...was 102 today (though I did have him out because I had 2 dr appts!) ughh! Luckily my oldest went with me so she was able to help with paci duty (he has been doing better about the paci since his reflux started bothering him). I made sure in between errands I pulled the car into shade...cranked up the a/c and nursed him. Luckily he did pretty well today but generally....I am homebound! I hope to venture out to the mall this weekend. Worse case scenario...I can bf in a dressing room! Even just a brief trip would be nice...even to the mall

This is also new to me...my girls were not like this at all! Esp my 2nd...she was WAY TOO EASY of a baby! lol I now realize that

My guy hates his carrier too...I want a moby but it's too hot here for that! Maybe even an ergo but I hate to buy one and he not like it! I NEED one though!! If one comes back on babysteals I'm grabbing it!!

Last edited by eva_luvs_dave; June 29th, 2011 at 10:00 PM.
June 30th, 2011, 07:45 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No can't be, can't slow down, too many dc.
Just the other day I took all 6 of my dc plus one of my nephews to the zoo by myself. We had a great time.
June 30th, 2011, 07:53 AM
proudmommato4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually wait till my DH comes home, because she can have times when she will just scream for no apparent reason. So I try to avoid that if I can

WE WILL NEVER FORGET OUR FOUR ANGELS IN HEAVEN!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search