Driving in the car

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2011, 05:16 PM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
and it's just you and LO. LO starts a screaming fit. What do you do?

June 28th, 2011, 05:19 PM
sophiesmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It depends on where I am. If I am doing normal driving in my town, I would pull over and try to calm her down. If I was on the highway, I feel it would be more dangerous to pull over right away, so I would talk/sing to her, but keep going until I came to a safe place to pull over.

Thank you Meganpixelfor my awesome siggy!

"you are the best thing that's ever been mine"
June 28th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Mommy to Lil Miss Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantababyinpa View Post
It depends on where I am. If I am doing normal driving in my town, I would pull over and try to calm her down. If I was on the highway, I feel it would be more dangerous to pull over right away, so I would talk/sing to her, but keep going until I came to a safe place to pull over.
ditto

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
June 28th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Ashl3y
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantababyinpa View Post
this
June 28th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Lovinglifewithtwo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happens EVERY day. I sit there and either cry with him, feel my blood boil, etc. I only pull over if I KNOW forsure he is hungry but I had a time I needed to be somewhere (picking Dev up from preschool, Dr appt etc) but if I know he's fine...not much I can do. I usually cry too though, lol

June 28th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
I keep driving, I rub his head, blast the AC (he sweats so bad when he gets upset) and I talk to him. Sometimes I turn up the radio to distract him. Even if I pulled over, got him calm, as soon as we started driving again he would scream again. So yeah, I just keep driving. If I know its "feeding time" then I would pull over to feed him, but thats not usually the case

June 28th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Lovinglifewithtwo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_S View Post
I keep driving, I rub his head, blast the AC (he sweats so bad when he gets upset) and I talk to him. Sometimes I turn up the radio to distract him. Even if I pulled over, got him calm, as soon as we started driving again he would scream again. So yeah, I just keep driving. If I know its "feeding time" then I would pull over to feed him, but thats not usually the case
Ah ditto to the sweating. Blake gets SO sweaty when he cries, he literally wets the back of his outfit.

June 28th, 2011, 05:50 PM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it's a tired cry I keep driving. If it's a screaming bloody murder can't catch his breath cry I'll pull over and hold him until he settles down, put him back in his seat, then he'll start up again and I just get to where I'm going. I'll talk to him, rub his head, etc. It breaks my heart and gets me angry at the same time. Neither of my boys seem to like the car as babies. I never go further than 15 minutes by myself.

Yeah, Miles gets sooo hot when upset.

June 28th, 2011, 06:49 PM
proudmommato4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Usually I will have my older child give Savannah the pacifer and it usually works.

WE WILL NEVER FORGET OUR FOUR ANGELS IN HEAVEN!

June 28th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Hex
I don't drive, but what I would do is turn on the radio. Usually if he's freaking out here at home and I turn on some music a little loud he'll calm down after the first song and fall asleep.

June 28th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Keep driving unless I know she's hungry. Thankfully it doesn't take long to get anywhere in this town.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
June 28th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Super Mommy
Keep moving, that's what keeps her calm, unless she in hungry, then she will scream regardless. I find the closest parking lot and feed her.
June 29th, 2011, 12:33 AM
I take the bus to avoid this. Cant beat both hands free (relatively) and 100% attention for baby.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
June 29th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovinglifewithtwo View Post
Happens EVERY day. I sit there and either cry with him, feel my blood boil, etc. I only pull over if I KNOW forsure he is hungry but I had a time I needed to be somewhere (picking Dev up from preschool, Dr appt etc) but if I know he's fine...not much I can do. I usually cry too though, lol

I find myself doing this more than necessary! But it just happens so easily!
June 29th, 2011, 06:35 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluga View Post
I take the bus to avoid this. Cant beat both hands free (relatively) and 100% attention for baby.
Wish we had buses. I've only rode on a city bus a couple times in my life. I live in the country now and the nearest cities are too tiny for buses!

June 29th, 2011, 07:32 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
If hes hungry ill pull off somewhere and feed him but if hes just fussing because he is unhappy in the car then i will keep driving and try talking to him. He doesn't really fuss in the car that often.

June 29th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Randijo2's Avatar Mommy of 4
In the beginning I would stop and get her out to calm her or feed her. Now I just get where I'm going and she usually gets over it. She has gotten a lot better in the car thank god because we are on the go a lot.

June 29th, 2011, 05:17 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
Just depends. If we are going somewhere (home, store etc), i keep going. If it's the drive like what we'll be doing fri thru tues then we will stop and see if we can calm her.

June 29th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNNER25 View Post
Wish we had buses. I've only rode on a city bus a couple times in my life. I live in the country now and the nearest cities are too tiny for buses!
Curious, what is a tiny city? Coming from a country with most towns under 10.000 I cant imagine anything that goes by the name of a city to be tiny.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
June 30th, 2011, 07:53 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I keep going to my destination. I will talk to her, tell her we're almost wherever we are going and the dc will talk to her. If we are on a road trip then I would pull over and feed her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search