Rolling Over

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2011, 12:48 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just curious as to if anyone has a baby that's already rolling over, or about what time frame they start trying to? Lily can roll to her side sometimes and has gotten onto her belly once but that was in bed on a nice soft surface. lol

Is there anything I can do to help her with this or do they just kind of pick it up on their own? Should I be putting her on her back or start her out on her belly?

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
June 29th, 2011, 01:00 PM
MamaManna07's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
John rolled from his belly to back when he was 2 weeks old...but only cos his arms were under him a certain way. Its easier for them to do that than from back to belly. I dont remember the age DD did tho

*Kara rocks my socks with her siggies*

June 29th, 2011, 01:41 PM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DS1 rolled over at 2-1/2 months. Miles doesn't seem like he's going to anytime soon, but that can change quickly. When he's on his back I'll "help" him roll over so he gets the idea.

June 29th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Randijo2's Avatar Mommy of 4
Josie rolls to her side. But honestly she is rarely on a flat surface. She is either in the boppy, bouncy chair, swing or being held. I did just get her a playmat though so 'm trying to put her there sometimes too.

June 29th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randijo2 View Post
Josie rolls to her side. But honestly she is rarely on a flat surface. She is either in the boppy, bouncy chair, swing or being held. I did just get her a playmat though so 'm trying to put her there sometimes too.
Yeah same with Lily, she's rarely on a flat surface. I need to get a playmat for her.

June 29th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Sota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Daniel has been able to roll over back to tummy twice. He was on the couch both times, so the softness probably helped. The first time freaked me out because he almost rolled right off the couch. Nicolas only can roll to his side.
June 29th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DD1 was able to roll from belly to back first It took her awhile to do it though, 4+ months old maybe, maybe longer, I can't remember. She was rolling to her side and half way before that but it took her awhile to get all the way. Then she learned how to roll back to belly shortly thereafter.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to worry just yet. It's normal for it to happen between 4-6 months. Playing with her on her tummy and back will help her strengthen her muscles and learn coordination. I like to put Caitlin on the floor on her mat at least once per day and will do it more often as she gets bigger, doing time on both her belly and back.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
June 29th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Just rolling from side to side here. My other May baby rolled over from back to front in the beginning of Nov so what 5 months? It was really funny, she HATED being on her tummy so she'd roll onto her tummy, complain so I'd come "rescue" her only for her to repeat and go back to her tummy.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
June 29th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Lovinglifewithtwo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Blake rolled over at 2 weeks from stomach to back, I guess that happened cause he's huge, but I would say let them do it at their own time. But I am all about kids doing things at their own times and not rushing them. They ALL do everything in their own time at their own pace

June 29th, 2011, 05:01 PM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovinglifewithtwo View Post
Blake rolled over at 2 weeks from stomach to back, I guess that happened cause he's huge, but I would say let them do it at their own time. But I am all about kids doing things at their own times and not rushing them. They ALL do everything in their own time at their own pace
I agree completely!

June 29th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Leah W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jim has rolled over a couple of times from belly to back, but it's always on a soft surface (bed or couch), so I don't think it counts. He frequently rolls from back to side while sleeping in his pack n play, though.

June 29th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Luv2Laugh's Avatar Frugalicious mama!
I'm so not ready for him to roll over lol

June 29th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Alex has gone from tummy to back twice, once on a firm surface. I think both times were "accidents" in that he was trying to do something else (screaming fit) and just ended up that way.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts doing it intentionally any time soon. This kid is STRONG! He likes to stand on our bellies. All we have to do is keep him from pitching forward or back and he can support his own weight on his legs. He will even bounce his weight up and down on his own. He is already very good at keeping his head up for minutes at a time. But when he gets sleepy he droops like a flower in drought.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

June 29th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Laugh View Post
I'm so not ready for him to roll over lol

I agree! I look at my older DD and wonder where the time went - she's so big now! I'm in no rush for Cait to get so big (though at the same time I can't wait to see how her personality is different!).

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
June 29th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I'm not trying to hurry or rush her. Being a FTM, I just honestly don't know when to expect these things or if I should be doing anything to help her along.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search