LO and TV...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2011, 04:38 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I hate when things are too quiet around the house so I usually leave the TV on for background noise. I hardly watch it and when I do, I basically zone out. Now I've heard that LO's shouldn't watch TV until at least 2 years old, so am I bad for having the TV on all day? He does stare at it and will fall asleep watching TV, but will this affect his development? Should I not have the TV on?

June 30th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Leah W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We generally have th TV on most of the evening when DH is home. I have the same concern as you, so I generally turn James away from it so he doesn't get overstimulated.

June 30th, 2011, 07:11 AM
MamaManna07's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
JD likes to look at it but I think its just because he likes lights. DD loved the tv when she was young and shes pefectly fine. However I do think its good for them to not sit in front of it all day long

*Kara rocks my socks with her siggies*

June 30th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Why not leave the radio on for background noise, consumes less electricity too!

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
June 30th, 2011, 07:40 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Violet doesn't seem too interested in the TV, but if I catch her looking at it (which has happened maybe twice) I just turn her away. My oldest wasn't interest either, but my second was. He loved to look at it. Now he's not "slow" and has hit all his milestones, but not nearly at the same rate as my first. Whether that has anything to do with the TV or not I have no idea, but it has certainly crossed my mind.

June 30th, 2011, 07:49 AM
proudmommato4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 3 other kids that watch t.v. while Savannah is in the room. She doesn't really watch it. I don't really see a problem with it. I think they mean using the t.v. as a babysitter you know just leaving the child in front of it for hours at a time.

WE WILL NEVER FORGET OUR FOUR ANGELS IN HEAVEN!

June 30th, 2011, 07:58 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our TV is on most of the time only my 22mo has shown any interest before the age of 2-3. Usually they are too busy playing to bother sitting still to stare at the TV.
June 30th, 2011, 09:24 AM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The thing I would be concerned about is the constant sound. It's been shown that kids who are ALWAYS exposed to sound like that have a higher chance of having attention/focus issues.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
June 30th, 2011, 10:53 AM
mama2boys&girl's Avatar Kaylene
I have heard it definitely is good to let them watch TV because their body cant "process" what they are seeing fast enough.

I am very careful not to let her watch it because I am a worry wart.

About the sound though, I would think as long as it isn't loud and you are able to think and concentrate with the sound then it shouldn't be a big deal. Before they are born it is so loud in there. I know the sounds are different but that it how I see it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search