Freak Out Friday

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2011, 07:56 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is there anything that really pushes your buttons? That reallllly makes you angry?

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

July 1st, 2011, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate when DH doesn't answer me when I'm talking to him and I have to repeat myself 50 times. Or when he half answers and you can tell he isn't really listening. Sometimes I'll say "what did I just say" to catch him in the act. lol, I'm so mean. It drives me up the wall though!!!!

Thanks to Quantum_Leap for my gorgeous siggy!

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Chart
July 1st, 2011, 01:43 PM
BB4CaLs's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by susbequer1 View Post
I hate when DH doesn't answer me when I'm talking to him and I have to repeat myself 50 times. Or when he half answers and you can tell he isn't really listening. Sometimes I'll say "what did I just say" to catch him in the act. lol, I'm so mean. It drives me up the wall though!!!!
haha, must be a guy thing.

I hate it that my friends don't understand what it's like to be a full-time working mom. Granted I'm still young and a lot of them don't have children yet, but the ones that do or will soon think I have all this time in the world to spend with them and their kids. I work nights full-time, have to take care of Brycen all day, cook, clean, laundry, pay bills, and still try to find time to sleep in between all that so I can function at work the next night. They think because I'm home all day that I don't do anything and I'm isolating myself and not letting my child be part of their lives...Ughh it just irritates me. One of them doesn't work right now and the other who is expecting had her doctor put her on "bed rest" so she didn't have to work anymore because she didn't want to, so now she sits around all day and hangs out with the other friend. I just don't care to be a part of that. I like my days to myself to spend with my son and get my things done so in the evenings that I don't work I can relax and enjoy my time with DH and other friends. I don't think I should have to justify what I do during the day when most people are suppose to be working anyways.

Feels good to vent...phew...

EDD August 22, 2015!

My Ovulation Chart
July 1st, 2011, 04:46 PM
AnnaGr8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh goodness... soooooo many things aggravate me and the "older" I am the more I can control myself.
July 1st, 2011, 05:28 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes the reality of being an adult with a child gets me angry. In the 3 1/2 months since Reagan was born she has only spent one night away from us. Other than that she's been with us. I know a bunch of other people that seem to dump their child on people to babysit every other weekend, which I won't do....however....today is First Friday in our town. I was hoping to have a calm enough child to put her in her stroller to go down there for two hours, but it's not happening. Sometimes I just get pissy at how much things have had to change with a child. Don't get me wrong, I love having Reagan, but only having had one night out in the past 3 1/2 months has definitely worn on me....that coupled with working full time has been a huge adjustment.
July 1st, 2011, 06:24 PM
michelle_m's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Waiting in line. I know it drives everyone nuts, but I lose my temper. It almost makes it worse knowing that everyone hates it because then I feel I'm being petulant. It just drives me bonkers. If I go to the post office, for example, and there's more than 3 or 4 people there, I'll just leave and make a trip back later.

DH not answering his phone when he's out.

Uhm...a lot of other things, but those two hop to mind immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB4CaLs View Post
I hate it that my friends don't understand what it's like to be a full-time working mom.
My friends don't seem to get this, either. None of them have kids. They don't understand why my life is on such a strict schedule. Why I can't send a million emails a day anymore. Why asking me to come out for a few hours after the girls are in bed is technically possible, but mentally nearly impossible. Why I'm a bit out of it when I do get together with them.

I think it makes me more sad than angry.

Also, your friend who is expecting and just sits around all day is going to have a rude awakening in a few months. Might be fun to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganorDean View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love having Reagan, but only having had one night out in the past 3 1/2 months has definitely worn on me..
I feel this. I wanted to go to First Friday tonight, too (if I remember correctly, don't we live in the same city?). It's not necessarily that I mind missing any particular thing, but DH and I have been out together once since the babies were born. My female friends come by here sometimes and I've been out once with them. So, I've been out twice in 5 months. Of course I don't expect a social life or anything (ha), but just a little something to relieve the cabin fever would be nice. And I wouldn't mind to leave the girls with friends, but my friends have kind of shied away from babysitting. Ah well...
Unexplained Infertility - TTC #1 since 5/08.
6/10 - IUI #3 with Clomid 75mg. BFP! 6/27/10...It's TWINS!
Esme Mireille, 3 lbs. 10 oz., and Nadine Adele, 4 lbs. 4 oz., born Jan 29th. 2011.
5/14 - TTC #3.

My Ovulation Chart

July 1st, 2011, 06:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My family and DH's family talks a lot behind each others backs, that really bothers me, but what really gets me mad, is that they can't say what they have to say to your face! I wish they would all stop talking crap about each other, if they have something to say then say it to my face, or to the other persons face and not mine! Grr, can't we all just get along? Then they get mad when I'm totally up front with them, they get their feelings hurt, when I'm just taking my issue directly to them.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
July 1st, 2011, 07:00 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Michelle- We are close. I'm in Phoenixville. I believe you're in the city? Our little town has a first Friday down on Bridge Street.

Tags
friday qotd , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search