"You look great!"

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2011, 01:17 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Why do people insist on telling me this when they see me around town?

I am quite aware I look nothing CLOSE to great. I look like I haven't slept in six months (because I haven't lol). I am more than likely sweating like a pig and am out of breath. And at this point I look like I have swallowed a rather large watermelon. I am also very obviously waddling like a duck.

I always laugh and say, "Thanks," but I am actually not thankful at all because I have seen myself in the mirror and know they're lying lol

I appreciate my friends more when they say, "Wow, you look massively pregnant today!" At least they're telling the truth lmao
July 2nd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Happy Mommy
really? I love when I get told I'm looking good for being this close to the end. I know it's hard and sleep isn't there, but i still put forth an effort to not look like **** when I leave the house, so if someone notices I want to hug them!
July 2nd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy

I know some people are just being polite, but it's nice to hear!

Expecting baby #4!

July 2nd, 2011, 03:35 PM
avasmom603's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the compliment Mostly because I feel like I look like crap lol. The comment that irks me is 'you look so small'. I want to say 'tell that to my skin that is KILLING me from stretching and carrying this extra 40+ pounds around'. The kicker is they never ask how far along I am, they just say I am small for carrying twins. Bleh. I don't agree since my maternity shirts are starting to fit like half shirts lol.

10/1/10

July 2nd, 2011, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the people that tell me that I look great even if they are lying through their teeth and I have a hard time accepting the compliment! Tonight I was told I looked like I was going to deliver TODAY, I wanted to say thanks for calling me fat ($&^*!
July 3rd, 2011, 08:45 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Well, looks like I'm the odd one out here haha
July 3rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah...I would rather someone tell me I look great then tell me that I look ginormous or something. One of my co-workers told me that I am "huge pregnant" and just the way she said it and the way her eyes got all huge....was rude.

July 3rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
maybe they are not lying and you do, in fact, "look great." : )

I got the "no offense but you look very pregnant today" line the other day and I thought, can we go back to earlier in the week when you said "i look great." : )

i think we all know we don't look ourselves but pregnancy is beautiful, amazing, a phenom. Maybe we all look great. Happy 4th.

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

July 3rd, 2011, 12:27 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree that it's much nicer than pointing out how huge one is! I hate that! "How many weeks left to go? Looks like you're going to drop that baby any second!"
July 3rd, 2011, 12:57 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I kinda like the times that I get comments about how good I look for being almost done, and how little weight I've gained. I'm not super vain but since all I ever notice is the sweating, discharge and stretchmarks, I appreciate other perspectives. It's been a rough ride but overall I think my body has done an amazing thing over these past 8 months and I look pretty darn good despite the hardships .

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

July 3rd, 2011, 02:13 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also would way rather have people say I look great for how far along I am. I don't even really care if they are lying. When people say I look huge I pretty much want to punch them in the face haha

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
July 3rd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Happy Mommy
I about kissed the lady in Target today that asked when I was due, and I said a few more weeks, she got a shocked face and said oh wow you look so small still to be due so soon.

seriously could have made out with her for saying that!
July 4th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Kim
I love being told I look great, even if I don't feel like it, and even if they're just being polite. My doctor tells me I look great every week at my appointment, and it makes me happy.

July 4th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by andi2284 View Post

I know some people are just being polite, but it's nice to hear!
I agree!
July 5th, 2011, 01:54 AM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
omgosh, hearing you look great, to me, is sooooo much better then = you look huge! or your still pregnant, or looks like you could go any day now!

you better friggen tell me i look great LOL - lie to me, please

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search