Heat and Nausea....

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2011, 10:31 AM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are you dealing with it?

I normally only feel a bit nauseous in the morning right when I wake up. Not nearly as bad as 1st trimester. As soon as I eat breakfast, I'm good to go. Today DH and I had to run a bunch of errands, because we are going to a BBQ tonight. We grabbed breakfast from BK and went on with our errands. I totally threw up my breakfast, but otherwise feel fine. I was feeling more nauseous in the heat, so I think it was the heat that did it.

Not sure about this BBQ later....

July 3rd, 2011, 11:02 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Try to drink something frozen if you can! I was on the verge of throwing up (the heat has ALWAYS done this to me) and stopped at a store to get a frozen drink and I seriously felt almost instantly better! Drink lots and lots to stay hydrated and as cool as you can!

Gotta love being pregnant in the summer
July 3rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I feel a little sick in the mornings too. I am not dealing with the heat well at all because it makes me itch more.

I hope you don't have a repeat at the BBQ tonight.

July 3rd, 2011, 12:25 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing my best to drink water. That and AC are about all I can do to avoid getting nauseous. But I only get nauseous in the heat, not anymore due to pregnancy... so I don't imagine it's the same. Hope you feel better and can stay cool!
July 3rd, 2011, 12:50 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be honest - I am not dealing with this aspect of pregnancy very well. I feel like total **** all day, every day because of the heat. Luckily my office has been pretty cool so work hasn't been too bad, although when I'm in full universal precaution gear (jacket, gloves, mask & glasses) I get overheated really easily and start seeing stars. But at home......I'm miserable. I barely go out if I can help it, and even when I'm inside the AC can't seem to cool me down. I just wanna climb into the freezer and take a long nap, LOL. I've just been dressing very lightly at home (tanks and shorts), drinking tons of fluids and resting as much as possible in between tasks.

Good luck - the end is almost here!
July 3rd, 2011, 02:10 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you tried keeping a spray bottle with water handy? That way you could mist yourself when you start feeling overheated?

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
July 3rd, 2011, 02:36 PM
Super Mommy
The spray bottle is a good idea. It works really well if you spray yourself while standing in front of the A/C or fan!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 3rd, 2011, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I get very nauseous when I get too hot and it seems to happen really easily when I'm pregnant. I'm just trying to keep cool when I can. When sitting upstairs gets to be too much, I head to the basement to keep cool. When we're out, I just keep cool drinks and keep the A/C up in the car. I hate not going outside to play with my girls, but I really try to avoid it because even days that it's 75-80 I get too warm and start to get nauseous.

Expecting baby #4 in April - It's a BOY!

Two Little Monkies on Etsy
July 4th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Super Mommy
I try to stay indoors by the AC and drink liquids frequently. I started having smoothies for breakfast because they are cool, refreshing and a good start...

July 4th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I have made sure to drink a lot of water today and my body must need it, because I sure am not going to the bathroom like I should be! Feeling better too.

July 4th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been feeling really nauseous lately as well, but it seems to come on without anything really provoking it.. It's hot here, but I'm sure not as hot as some of you ladies are dealing with in the US, so I will definitely try not to complain!

Thank you Kiliki for my new siggy - I it!!

July 4th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Happy Mommy
I'm sick all over the place.

I'm wonderng though if it was the fast food that did it, rather then the heat ?
July 4th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yeah, it's definitely getting bad for me again. ESPECIALLY with the head. boo.

July 4th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
I'm sick all over the place.

I'm wonderng though if it was the fast food that did it, rather then the heat ?
It very well could have been, because even though I'm nauseous, I haven't thrown up in a while.

Although after I threw up I felt better and went on to finish eating the fast food.

July 4th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I actually experienced this for the first time today. For the most part, I'm just trying to stay where it's cool!

Tags
3rd trimester nausea , nausea , summer heat

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search