Funny birth dream last night

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2011, 09:26 AM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so to preface this dream re-telling......even though I am not due any time soon, I had/have this really big fear of having the baby on the 4th of July. I just really don't want my son to have to share his birthday with a national holiday. I guess it comes from me being born so close to Christmas and New Years - it sucks, especially as a kid, because your birthday is no big deal compared to all of the holiday stuff going on. So for the past several days I've been all worried about him randomly being born today. And I think it started to eat away at my brain, LOL.

Anyway, last night I had a dream that I got up to pee and when I wiped there was a bunch of blood, followed by a lot of fluid. So I woke John up and told him it was time to go to the hospital. Then I called my mom and told her I was in labor, and she tells me that she's sleeping so just text her once the baby is born (which is comical because my mom is dying for me to have this baby and an army couldn't keep her away from the hospital when the big day comes). So John and I go to the hospital and I lay down in a hospital bed....and then I fall asleep (or get knocked out?), wake up, push once and I give birth......to a CAT! Yep, I was the proud mother of a new tabby cat. And not even a kitten -- a full grown cat. So I'm totally bewildered by this turn of events, but everyone around me is acting like it's totally normal. The nurse comes up and hands me the cat, wrapped in a towel, and then encourages me to nurse him. I remember trying and it hurting (go figure - have you seen cat teeth????). And then my room phone rings at the hospital and it's my ex-husband congratulating me on having the baby (huh??) and telling me how cool it is that I had my baby on the 4th of July. I get mad at him and hang up the phone, and go back to nursing....my cat.

So yeah.....I'm officially going crazy!!! But on the bright side there is zero indication that I am giving birth - to a cat OR a baby - today. So all is well here, LOL.

Anyone else having crazy dreams about labor, birth, etc.?

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

July 4th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is pretty crazy! I can't even imagine how terrible it would be pushing out a full grown cat! I hope you got the epidural!

Having nothing to do with birth or labour, but it goes with my GD... I had a dream last night that I found brownies that were totally carb free, and sugar free, but were still amazingly tasty and sugary for some reason. I bought the whole lot, and was in a big huff when I was at home because I didn't have enough room in my kitchen to put all these brownies. So i was going to have to put them in the baby's room, since she's not here yet, but I had to buy a new door knob with a lock, because I didn't want Kairi getting in there and getting chocolate all over the baby's things.

I want brownies.
July 4th, 2011, 09:35 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha! That's a funny dream.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
July 4th, 2011, 09:56 AM
avasmom603's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL!!! Totally funny dream! I heard it is pretty common to dream about giving birth to animals when pregnant. Luckily I haven't had one of those dreams yet

I hear you on the holiday b-days. Mine is December 23rd and it seems to go unnoticed a lot. After 40 years I am finally used to it LOL.

10/1/10

July 4th, 2011, 11:46 AM
CherZ's Avatar Proud wife and mom....
Send a message via ICQ to CherZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by avasmom603 View Post
LOL!!! Totally funny dream! I heard it is pretty common to dream about giving birth to animals when pregnant. Luckily I haven't had one of those dreams yet

I hear you on the holiday b-days. Mine is December 23rd and it seems to go unnoticed a lot. After 40 years I am finally used to it LOL.
Aw, my mom's b-day is on Dec. 19th and has always hated it as her folks withheld her gifts until Christmas when everybody was around....I felt so sorry for my mom! Yours is on the 23rd....how did you ever do it?!

Back to dreams, I dreamt that I gave birth to another boy (even though I have a feeling it's a girl) and he was the size of a two year old! Once the baby was born, he started crawling right away and giggling away....not like a newborn stage! Weird, hey?
July 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my god - between the cat and the brownies you girls have me laughing!!!!!

Thank you Kiliki for my new siggy - I it!!

July 4th, 2011, 12:14 PM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is a funny dream. Surprised I haven't had one of those yet! Watch me have one tonight though! lol. Anyway, dh and I BOTH had almost the same dream the other night. We both dreamt that we had the baby a day or so before 4th of July, so we had to go to to walmart to get her a 4th of July outfit. How weird we both had the same dream the same night!!!!

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
July 4th, 2011, 12:50 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
hahaha that is so funny!!! I love how strange things happen in dreams but IN the dream it seems perfectly normal!

I would have to say the strangest dream I have had baby-wise (and I've had quite a few of them!) is that my baby was born with a stem coming out of it's head. Like a pumpkin. Green and everything!

Let's hope that doesn't happen! lol
July 4th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha that is such a funny dream!

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
July 4th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No dreams here ,but my dh was asking what the heck I was laughing at !!!!
July 4th, 2011, 05:12 PM
First Timer!!!
oh man ... i lold at this! what a funny dream!

funny i had a dream about rats (that was SCARY) and you have a dream about a cat!
July 4th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
last night I had a dream that I got up to pee and when I wiped there was a bunch of blood
I had this same dream last night!!!
July 4th, 2011, 08:18 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
LOL I have had the dream about giving birth to kittens many times in my life! Very bizarre, too funny!

[/url
July 4th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
no strange dreams here - I'm too tired to even remember them.
July 5th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search