Clothes

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How much clothes do have for the baby so far?
July 5th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Ritzbitz's Avatar In love with my daughter
amazingly enough, i have several bags already! hehe

thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

July 6th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1 sleeper and 1 Halloween outfit!

I am not going to buy much because I am getting handme downs from my sisters baby (she was born in January). She is already getting into 6-9 month clothes, so I am sure she will give me some boxes of 0-3 and 3-6 month stuff.

July 6th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing at all. I feel kind of bad about it too. But I also figure I found out on Friday then went out of town and yesterday was busy with trying to get laundry done, plus and emergency doctors visit. I plan on hitting up garage sales here in a few weeks and start getting my little man some clothes.

July 6th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a few newborn hats that I found with some older minion stuff. That's it. I do not feel bad. I still have plenty of time. Even if baby did come early, in NICU it is not like they can wear normal clothes anyway until the very end of their stay. (been there, done that).

Once I know gender I will hit up some garage sales. Also I have people asking me the gender because they have clothes. To bad I cannot tell most of them. Lol. They are on SO's side and well, I love them to death, but no one can keep their mouths shut. SO does not want to know gender. So I will be the only one knowing up here.
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
July 6th, 2011, 05:48 AM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh lord.. Wayyyyy too many!! Everything left over from Colin plus I've bought new stuff for him too!

July 6th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a lot of clothes but some are new born, 0-3, and 6-9. I need to go through and see how much of each size so i know what i still need to get.
July 6th, 2011, 06:56 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a lot my cousin's son will be a year in August and she's going to be boxing up ALL of his too small clothing for me. I already have his snow suit, I bought that way back at the beginning before knowing it was a boy, but it was $5 and I couldn't pass that clearance up! The sizes are all over too, so I doubt he'll ever be naked!

July 6th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well since we are expecting a 2nd girl, I am able to use a lot of clothes from my first daughter, so we are pretty much set.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
July 6th, 2011, 08:48 AM
chel-c
TONS! We have bought a lot of things for her ourselves and last week my SIL gave me all of her daughter's hand-me-downs. We have 4-5 garbage bags full of clothes ranging from sizes 0-3 months to 2T. So Graceleigh is set for a while Plus I know my family and they will have tons for us at our shower. It feels good to have more than enough.
July 6th, 2011, 09:45 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've bought several sleepers and onsies. I'm trying not to buy anymore because we are planning on having 2 showers and I know people love to buy clothes. Plus, since we aren't finding out the gender I want to get some gender specific stuff after baby is born. We may do birth announcements or something since we aren't finding out so I'm thinking we will probably get lots of clothes after baby is born.

Everyone has told me NOT to buy too much newborn/0-3 months since they grow out of it so fast. So I'm taking this advice to the best of my ability I will definitely not be washing everything right away in case we can't get to it all. That way I can exchange it for a bigger size if needed.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
July 6th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Veteran
That's a very good question. I have to go through the stuff given to me. My mom has bought a couple of outfits since finding out the gender, so we have a couple of things there. The major thing though is the "grandma box". My mom has been collecting baby clothes since my brother and I hit our 20s, just waiting for grandbabies. I have my 2 year old niece's hand me downs, but since she was born in May, the sizes will probably be off. I need to go through it all and see what will work and what I need.

July 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
I've bought maybe 4-5 outfits so far...my sister gave me a huge dipaer box full of 0-3 clothes from her daughter and 2 big gift bags full of stuff too...blanktes, towels, socks, headbands, coats...she's pretty set for the first couple months

July 6th, 2011, 10:58 AM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I HAVE NOTHING!!! Since we just found out gender yesterday I need to get shopping!

July 6th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have more clothes for her than I own for me. lol A ton! I'll be getting more come our baby shower.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

July 6th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
An entire closet full and a dresser full....WAY too many!!!! I need to take pics!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
July 6th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought 2 outfits today I have a few (very few) gender neutral things from Aidan mainly sleepers and tons of plain white onesies.. but other than that nothing..We need to do some serious shopping..I'm hoping since this is the first granddaughter on Stevens side (my side 2 but this is only their 2nd grandchild, it's my inlaws 6th grandchild and all the others were boys) that they spoil her and get tons of clothes for her My step mom already made a comment that she can already see her bank account getting low (from buying all the girly clothes ) I'm sooooo excited!!

July 6th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
If it's a girl I have tons!!! Been saving all of Liana's old stuff. If its a boy I will be craigslisting and garagesaling!!!

July 6th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
Surprisingly, we haven't bought her anything new yet! We're completely stocked on girl clothes from newborn to 4T, basically all in the proper seasons...but we'll definitely get her some stuff of her own.

July 6th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Tons and tons of 6-9 month stuff for next summer (all the stores had great sales after I found out she is a she!), a bow holder full of bows, a small basket full of girly babylegs, and 2 trash bags stuffed full of almost new nb-6 month clothes that a friend dropped off! I can't wait until fall clothes come out so I can shop more!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search