Now that the sex is known (for most)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know we talked nursery themes before but now that the sex is known I thought we'd revisit the subject

What is your theme?
July 10th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I still don't have one lol!! But we were planning on doing gender nuetral in there anyways and I will put his name on the wall (when he has one) and do little wall decor, just not sure what though.

July 10th, 2011, 04:59 AM
karensc82's Avatar Veteran
I don't really have one yet either but I am thinking turtles and frogs for my little guy in nice blues, greens and some yellow.
July 10th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
Jungle. Although little miss Bacon will be staying in our room for 9 month to a year. *sighs* Next spring we build a room. Anyway, The boys have some jungle blankets my mother made them and so I am having her make some receiving blankets. Also I found some wall stickers for the boys room (also some ABC ones) at the dollar store and got an extra one for above the crib in our room. I hope to find some port a crib sheets that are jungle, but if not, no big problem.
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
July 10th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Materialgirl1024's Avatar Expecting Ariya Elise
No theme for me baby will sleep in my room, and I cant really do much here with paint etc. The colors I like though for sheets is sage, so Ill work with that.
July 10th, 2011, 08:23 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well we don't know the sex ut we're going with nuetral greens and browns. We're putting a chair rail up and painting the bottom a chocolate pudding color and the top a muted lime green. Here's our bedding:

I plan on buying the matching mobile, hamper, storage totes, and diaper stacker. We already have the valances.

I am going to wait to decorate the walls until after the baby is born. If it's a boy I'm doing to do monkeys/jungle animals. A girl, I'm thinking butterflies or flowers. Whatever I can find that matches the brown and green. I did see a really cute little girl monkey with a pink bow at BRU though so we'll see I'll also be putting up letters for baby's name above the crib... how I decorate them will depend on the sex too!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
July 10th, 2011, 03:17 PM
SouthernMamaBri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via MSN to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via Skype™ to SouthernMamaBri
I don't really have a theme. Jr and Jaelyn (yes we changed his name) will be sharing a room. But I will be using the colors in this set
Nursery-To-Go Mr. and Mrs. Pond 10 Piece Bedding Set by Nursery-To-Go Amazon.com: Nursery-To-Go Mr. and Mrs. Pond 10 Piece Bedding Set: Baby

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my AMAZING siggie!
July 10th, 2011, 04:37 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Since it's another girl i'm going to stick with the theme of Darcy's newest bedding. She has the cocalo tropical punch bedding and we have a similar bedding on layaway right now. I have a few different animal decor things I will be putting up too.

July 10th, 2011, 04:41 PM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
Don't really have one... not doing the nursery over... Jake's room is monkey's w/ the green and browns... when baby's ready to sleep in the crib (well when Jake's ready to leave the crib) we'll just leave it the same...

July 10th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
We're using green and brown with monkeys. I bought the mod pod pop monkey set from a friend in my playroom.

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 10th, 2011, 05:48 PM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're doing "under the sea" themed.. though now that I know we're having a girl, I'm going to ponder different ways to "girlie" it up a bit. So far we only had planned that we would put under the sea-themed decals on the walls, have a soothing light/sound machine that makes ocean sounds and can make the walls/ceiling look like you're under water, and I picked out a Fisher Price "Ocean Wonders" Aquarium crib attachment. I had figured that I'd go with the "Ocean Wonders" themed bedding to tie it all together, but now I want something more girly. I'll have to look around the internet again and see what I can find. I know I could get mermaid decals to go with the fishies.. but not sure about bedding.

July 10th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing really. I am going to get some sort of pink bedding and will put her name on the wall. But that is about it.

July 10th, 2011, 05:52 PM
maybethistime's Avatar Super Mommy
We still haven't decided if we are going to put our son in the basement or have my son and the new baby share a room. My biggest concern is that if they share a room I can't really decorate But if I move my oldest to thebasement then I get to decorate two rooms. I saw a really beautiful nursery with green, grey, and white and it was very beautiful and would look good with a boy or girl. Currently the room is slate blue with red and grey accents, so pretty boyish.
2009/09/07 - Angel #1
2010/05/18 - Angel #2
DS born 2011
Baby #3 EDD March 3, 2014

July 10th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, I'm using the same theme as my daughter, which is Classic Pooh. Trying to save $$ and we have a lot of what we need already.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
July 10th, 2011, 07:08 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The duvet and pumper pad I have has bumble bees, butterflies and fireflies on it. It's blue, yellow, green, and some purple. It's not all that boyish, but he won't be using it for long, so I didn't see a point in spending a lot of money on a bedding set. I can get any colour sheets for it. The walls in the nursery will be yellow I think.

July 10th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't really want to do a theme - I'm afraid I'll get too sick of it. So we're going with pinks and greens primarily, with lots of patterns - stripes, polka dots, solids, etc. I found an owl fabric that I absolutely love, so I think I'll make a pillow for the glider in that, and I've found some other owl stuff that's just adorable, so I'm starting to slide into an owl theme! But I'm trying to reign it in

July 10th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think we are going somewhere either monkey (which after last night i think baby is a monkey so it would work) or jungle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search