YOUR siblings?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
So are you an only child? Do you have any brothers or sisters? Do they have kids? Are you close?

July 10th, 2011, 07:47 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have an older sister, she has a baby girl... we're very close.

July 10th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a younger brother. He is 21 and in college, no kids yet.

July 10th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have two brothers. They each have one son. One brother I don't talk to at all (long story) and the other I talk to every now and then. We are close, but could be closer.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
July 10th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am the oldest of 3. I have a 19 year old bro and a 13 year old sister. We're very close, but weren't always. It took me getting married and moving out to bring us closer. We don't live together very well. When I go visit one or two weekends a month, we get a long very well and stay up half the night chatting.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

July 10th, 2011, 08:53 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 2 younger sisters. One is 25 and the other is 16. I am very close to my 25 year old sister. She has 2 kids ages 4 and 3 and my DD is right in the middle of both of them. We talk almost everyday and trade off babysitting. As for my 16 year old sis...uh we get alone but she is sooo much younger then I am.

July 10th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Jaiyannah
.yes i do i am the oldest out of 5 kids two boys three girls
July 10th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Materialgirl1024's Avatar Expecting Ariya Elise
I am the only child from my parents but I do have 2 half sisters from my mom and a half brother from my dad. My Sisters are 14 and 11 and my brother is 21, he doesnt have and children.
July 10th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I have a sister 12 years older than me. She has a 19 year old daughter, and no I do not get along with my sister, she's a pill head and is always begging for money and makes you into the bad guy if you don't give it to her.
Needless to say, she's not in my life because I don't want that around my family or child. She doesn't get it.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
July 10th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have 1 sister she is 21, we are close but definitly have our moments of disagreements she has no kids yet. I also have 2 step sisters both older, 1 is about 27 (we aren't close at all) she does have 2 kids, the other is deceased we would talk and i know she always had my back if I needed her she was only 2 years older than me. My step brother is in his late 20's and we don't talk much either.
July 10th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i have: 36 year old sister who has 2 daughters
29 year old sister who has 2 boys
25 year old sister who has 2 girls
22 year old sister who has no kids

im closest to my youngest sister but still wouldnt say we're close
im the black sheep of the family for many reasons so we just dont talk
July 10th, 2011, 10:25 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just have one brother who's 21. We don't not get along but we aren't that close. Just in different places in our lives and very different.

Because of this Ive always wanted to have more than 2 kids. It would be nice to have at least one other sibling to be closer with.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
July 10th, 2011, 10:57 PM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm an only child (and so is DH). The closest I have is a girl I've known since kindergarten.. She's an honorary sister as we've known each other for so long and she lived with me and my family for a little while. My mom is like a second mom to her. She has three kids: a 4-year-old boy, a 2-year-old boy, and a baby girl who was just born in May. We're not terribly close since our lives took us in different ways over the years, but we enjoy visiting and she's helping me with baby stuff now that we're finally having our first.

July 11th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have two older sisters. One is 29 and has a 4-year-old daughter (and is pregnant and due a month after me). The other is 25 and has no kids but will be beginning to try for kids later this year.

I'm closer to my middle sister because she's only two years older and we shared a room for 12 years.

My oldest sister and I get along but we have our moments. We are still getting better after the last fight we had on my 21st birthday. When she still lived at home, we didn't get along at all. We were constantly fighting and she was always calling me names. Once she moved out, things got better. I never hated her for being so mean to me because I thought she was the coolest person EVER! I mean, when I was 10, she was 16 and that alone made her cool!

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

July 11th, 2011, 05:13 AM
karensc82's Avatar Veteran
I have an older sister who has 3 kids (2 boys and a girl) and we lost our younger brother on May 25 he has 1 girl. We all 3 have always been very close!
July 11th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have 3 sisters. My older sister is 32 and has 2 kids (well 3 since her DF has 1) a girl and a boy, and her DF has a girl. My next to me youngest sister is 26 and she has 4 kids- 3 girls and 1 boy. And my youngest sister is gonna be 25 this year and has no kids. We are all close now. But growing up we couldn't stand each other. I talk to my oldest sister pretty much daily and the other 2 a few times a week.

July 11th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
I have 2 brothers (I am the middle child). One is 32 and the other will be 29 in 20 days.

The 32 year old has no kids. We wet along ok but do not have things to talk about. He was one of the first groups in Iraq and came back changed a lot. Then he went for 2 more tours.

The almost 29 year old and I use to be super close. He too was one of the first groups over in Iraq and he was in some of the bad situations you never hear about. Lack of food and water among other things. He came back VERY different. Suddenly he hated civilian females. He turned quite nasty towards me.

He does have a daughter. Another sad situation for him. The mother played games with him while pregnant. First it was his, then not his, then abortion, and then start over. He was not allowed to be at the birth and HE was the one who contacted Child Support Services to set up paternity testing and so he could pay child support. Well, the little girl is his (he knew she was) and the mother came from a very well to do family. They got a really good lawyer and ripped into him when they went into court. He pays over 1/3 of his income to a girl who lives with her mommy and daddy, still does not work (child is 4) and refuses to let him see the little girl. My brother managed to get a few supervised visits in the last year but every time he puts in a compliant they pull out their lawyer. It is sad. He really loves that little girl. The mother has thrown out gifts he got her in the trash right in front of him.

Now I will not lie, while he has become a LOT more social (we think the initial negativity was due to the ex and what happened in Iraq cause he was fine with males). BUT he does have 2 DWI's. The first is 3 years old (after a court appt where the girl slammed him to the wall about visitation) and the 2nd he made the mistake of being drunk and sleeping in his car in the bar parking lot. He was not driving and keys were on the seat (the bar owner will verify, he helped my bro when they went to court over that one). Now, I have a zero tolerance with drinking that much. So I do not feel bad, but that ex of his uses it against him. She will not even meet him someplace. NONE of us outside my brother have ever met the little girl. We have tried to call the ex to see if she will allow us to either drop off gifts or see her and we were told if we call again she will hit us up with harassment.
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
July 11th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I have 8 siblings. I am the youngest.

52yr old brother he has a 29 yr old son(who has a 4 yr old daughter) and a 25yr old daughter(who has a 5yr old daughter and pg and due 10 weeks after me).

a 50yr old sister with a 23yr old daughter

a 48 yr old sister who had a 28yr old son(he killed himself last year, but has a 8yr old daughter and a 5yr old son), and a 25yr old daughter(who has an 8 yr old boy, a 5yr old boy and a 3yr old girl)

a 47 yr old sister with a 26yr old daughter(who has a 4yr old son), and a 17yr old daughter.

a 46 yr old brother who has a 24yr old son and a 19 yr old daughter(with a 3 yr old boy and a 1yr old girl)

a 45yr old sister with a 15 yr old daughter

a 42 yr old sister with 22yr old twin girls(one with an 18 month old girl, the other pg and due in 3 weeks) and a 17 yr old son.

a 40 yr old brother with a 17yr old daughter and a 14yr old daughter.

I have 16 nieces and nephews and so far 13 GREAT nieces and nephews. Its weird that some of my nieces and nephews are closer in age to me than my own siblings. Will be the same with my kids I'm sure

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

July 11th, 2011, 10:14 AM
**Catherine**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a brother who is 2 years older than me. He is married with 2 boys. They live in England so we haven't seen them for a few years. We used to talk a lot and email a lot, but he is always busy with his family, so I don't hear from them too often. It's a miracle when they answer an email I send them!

July 11th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
I have a sister who is 21 and we talk occasionally. I also have three half-siblings, two sisters and a brother (two of whom I just met this weekend). They are 5, almost 3, and 7 months.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search