Gowns for Hospital

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
Will you be bringing your own?

I will be, I hate the hospital ones, I feel like every time I get up everyone can see since the backs are always open.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
July 17th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
At the hospital I had DS at, I had to wear their gown in labor, and right after my c section, but when they got me up to walk that night the nurse told me I could change into my own clothes if i wanted to. this hospital is the same (i made sure to ask), so basically i'll be in a gown from the time I go in until after my c section, then i can change...i won't be up walking around between those times, so no big worry here.

Do you already have a gown to take? A girl in my PR makes REALLY cute ones!!

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 17th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I just buy cheap ones from Walmart or Target because there's a chance they will get ruined from all the PP bleeding, but I do have a few.

July 17th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I brought one last time, and ended up never wearing it. I'll probably just stick with what they have there.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
July 17th, 2011, 03:18 PM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
target sells them?? or do you mean like a regular nightgown??
July 17th, 2011, 04:57 PM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd love to bring and wear my own. That'd make it seem less like a hospital visit to me. I like the idea of using the facilities at the hospital, but I don't want to feel like I'm going in for surgery or something (unless it becomes that). I believe I read my hospital allows it, so I'll just double-check.

July 17th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Lynley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In case someone's interested....

Baby Be Mine Maternity - Maternity Belly Bands, Delivery Gowns, T-Shirts, Maternity Gifts, Maternity Pajamas (PJ)

I don't know what I'll do - I actually hate gowns in general! But I'm also not a fan of having my back-end hang out everywhere, so I may bring my own - good question to ask at my next midwife appt.

July 17th, 2011, 05:51 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i just wear two gowns.. one in front, one in back like a robe.. cheaper than buying something new for a few hours use.. then after i have the baby i wear my own clothes

July 17th, 2011, 06:04 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I've always just worn whatever I was comfy in. Last time I wore a lose skirt (a hippy skirt as I call it) and a tshirt, then when I got into the water I had only a bra on.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

July 17th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Veteran
I think I'm going to bring my own too, just so I'm comfortable and don't have to feel like I'm in the hospital. The hospital here is so beautiful and has an amazing ocean view, maybe I can trick myself into thinking I'm at a hotel?? lol
July 17th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaRenee View Post
target sells them?? or do you mean like a regular nightgown??

Just a regular nightgown

July 17th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wear theirs during labor and than after I change into my own clothes usually sweats and a bigger shirt
July 17th, 2011, 10:18 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be wearing their gowns, I too don't see a point in buying something that could get grossly ruined. I'll do that double gown thing if they make me walk.

July 18th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do the double gown lol for walking around. Then after I give birth I put on some of my clothes like windbreaker pants and a t-shirt or something like that.

July 18th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
Don't laugh ladies... Ok? I swear by the undies if you are gonna wear normal clothes. But depending on how I feel I will wear the gown after the Csection and the next mornign when they take out the cathiter (if I feel up to changing) I will change into a nursing tank top and some lounge pants. I have 2 pair right now that cant be pulled up way past my belly. So they will not sit on the Csection site. ALSO over the top of the mesh hospital undies... this is only if I put on my own clothes, I will wear guys brief undies. Yep. I know... But I learned with #1 that they are Awesome about absorbancy and yet not leaking onto your clothes like women's undies. And yes, I buy a pack just for me (SO wears boxers anyway so not like he will think they are his).

I know they are odd, but you can dye them (I have) and they are comfy. lol
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
July 18th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom to minions View Post
Don't laugh ladies... Ok? I swear by the undies if you are gonna wear normal clothes. But depending on how I feel I will wear the gown after the Csection and the next mornign when they take out the cathiter (if I feel up to changing) I will change into a nursing tank top and some lounge pants. I have 2 pair right now that cant be pulled up way past my belly. So they will not sit on the Csection site. ALSO over the top of the mesh hospital undies... this is only if I put on my own clothes, I will wear guys brief undies. Yep. I know... But I learned with #1 that they are Awesome about absorbancy and yet not leaking onto your clothes like women's undies. And yes, I buy a pack just for me (SO wears boxers anyway so not like he will think they are his).

I know they are odd, but you can dye them (I have) and they are comfy. lol
Those mesh undies are hideous, but sooo comfy!! I wore those the whole time I was in the hospital and they gave me 3 pair to take home with me too. I also bought a few nursing tanks and lounge pants. It worked great with the c section incision, I was able to pull them above it, so it didn't irritate it at all.

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 18th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The mesh undies they gave me were super comfy - so no judgement here! I just used the regular gown - but I couldn't get up and walk because of an internal monitor. So I guess the open backside didn't really bother me! Once the epidural wore up and I got up to take a shower I changed into lounge pants and a nursing tank.

If I get to walk this time - I'll do the double gown thing or put on my robe.

July 18th, 2011, 11:27 AM
luckymomma's Avatar Veteran
I'll be wearing the hospital gown for labor & delivery and then my own after. Nothing like worrying that you're flashing crack to your visitors! lol

Make a pregnancy ticker

July 18th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Veteran
I have a nursing gown that I picked up from Wal-mart. It just is a large nightgown with slits in the front for nursing, but they stay closed

July 18th, 2011, 03:58 PM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
I'll wear the hospital gown until delivery and a little afterwards too, then change into my own clothes after I shower.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search