Question for new moms... clothes

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2011, 06:43 AM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I noticed most people said last week that their baby is in NB clothing...

I kept getting told that babies are out of NB clothing SUPER fast. So I have very little of it...

If your baby is in Newborn, do they also fit in 0-3 clothes? Or is he/she swimming in them?

July 18th, 2011, 07:07 AM
honeybee82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hailey is still comfortably wearing NB clothes...it really just depends on how big your baby is when they are born...

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!

July 18th, 2011, 07:16 AM
cutepiem1's Avatar Veteran
I didn't buy any newborn clothing. They keep telling me she is going to be small so I hope she is not swimming in them although I plan on just putting her in onsies since it's hot. My son was born in July too and he had one newborn outfit. In a month it was already too small and he was 7 lbs at birth.
July 18th, 2011, 07:19 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Noah was in NB clothes for maybe 2 weeks, Phelix and Isaac didnt fit them at all b/c they were so long! I didnt buy Zoey any NB AIO's and had to send Sam out to get a couple b/c she was short (like me. lol), I dont see her being in them long though

July 18th, 2011, 07:38 AM
casiecole's Avatar Regular
i didnt buy newborn clothing..i actually got some as gifts! thank god! he was early so he wasnt as big as i thought....but he is wearing the nb.i have put him in some of the smaller 0-3 onsies but he swims in the shorts and stuff...

July 18th, 2011, 08:03 AM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
Jackson is in preemie stuff for the most part, but has a few of the smaller NB stuff that he can wear. I'm sure he will be in the newborn clothes until he is about 2-3 months old. All of my babies were so small that they are never in the size they should be.

July 18th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Beau is in all of Charlie's old outfits. He has a few NB things, which are mostly what he's been wearing, but if those get dirty we'll put him in the 0-3 month ones as well. He does swim in them a bit, but it's actually fine. To be honest, you WANT their hands to be covered up by cloth so that when they flail their arms around randomly they don't accidentally scratch their eyes or face. I don't much mind if his clothes are too big for him, because we're not entering any fashion shows!

Now here is the #1 trick for buying newborn clothes that I discovered after having Charlie -- look for things that can be taken on and off easily using only buttons. If possible, you want to avoid outfits that have to be pulled over their heads. Most newborns hate having things pulled over their heads, and they'll fight it and fuss and scream every time you change outfits. The button-up sleepers are much more practical. Just my

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
July 18th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Mostly 0-3 is swimming on Ava, she can wear that size in onesies, but they are big around the neck. I prefer 0-3 onesies because they are not as snug, but clothing wise, she is still good in NB. She is now 3weeks old and at last check up 8lbs 3 oz, but she is more so long than fat.
July 18th, 2011, 10:02 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Sophia can still wear NB for the most part, although she's outgrown a few sleepers. She can wear most of her 0-3 months stuff too. Mind you, she was 8lbs 11oz at birth, so she's a pretty big girl.
July 18th, 2011, 11:47 AM
mommabirdof4
The boys are 5 weeks...they are almost out of newborn clothes....my kids grow fast though.
July 18th, 2011, 11:56 AM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
I bought mostley 0-3 month stuff, but got a little carried away with newborn onsies. She has a huge stack of newborn onsies, by the time she wears all of them she'll be on to 0-3 months, lol.
July 18th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Super Mommy
Kaden wears 0-3 month clothing. Most of the newborn stuff that I have he never fit into unless I stretched it out before putting it on him and it was still a little snug. He was born at 8 LBS 11 Ounces though so he was a little big. Different clothes manufacturer's make the clothes differently too. If you have 0-3 months clothing made by gerber...I have found that it also fits like newborn clothing. If you have carters, I have found that it's a little on the bigger side.
July 18th, 2011, 12:35 PM
heylittlefish's Avatar Veteran
She still wears newborn, I haven't tried 0-3 on her yet.
July 18th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Super Mommy
I had barely bought any NB stuff because I had heard that they grow out of them so quickly, but then Lucius was 5 weeks early and I had to go buy more. He's at 8lbs now and still fits in them just fine. All of my 0-3month stuff seems to be so much bigger.

July 19th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Happy Mommy
It'll all depend. L was out of newborn sizes with in weeks, and C wore them for months.
July 19th, 2011, 06:47 AM
MissImpatientlyWaiting's Avatar Super Mommy
Caleb was 6.8 and I had to go buy newborn. All of my 0-3 swallows him. He is two weeks today and still very much in newborn and will be for a while. It all depends on the size of your baby.

Ask me about MILK THREADS MATERNITY! - beautiful delivery gowns, nursing covers and more!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MilkThreads
July 19th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Super Mommy
Abby just outgrew most of the NB stuff this past weekend at about 3.5 weeks. She is just too long now. She still doesn't fit in the 0-3 stuff very well though. It depends on the size of the baby. Mady wore NB a lot longer because she was short and skinny. Abby was 6.11 at birth and Mady was 6.3. I wouldn't buy too much NB stuff, but I would have some with tags on just to be safe. You can always return it if you don't end up using it!
July 20th, 2011, 07:01 AM
SaRaH_2134's Avatar FTM to baby girl
DD was 8lbs, and she's gaining weight super fast (she was 9.8 at 1wk6days). She was out of newborn at about 2.5 weeks. She's mostly wearing 0-3 with some 3's thrown in for good measure

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search