Baby gripes...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Veteran
Does anyone have any gripes?
My little girl loves to soil clean diapers. Every time I put on a new diaper she poos. I have been varying the time after feeding that I change her. Nothing works. On top of that, she's nailed me 3 times with projectile poo. I'm not enjoying this at all. At least she's a good nurser and not a cryer. It's not all bad.
July 18th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Summerthyme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am just so ready for his circ and belly button to be healed! Changing diapers is crazy! He poops after every feeding and then I have to change the gauze and petroleum jelly. If there is poop near his penis I have to get a bowl of warm water and a washcloth and put a towel under him and drip water to clean him! Such a PITA! The gauze and petroleum jelly also make it so his pee leaks out of the diaper so I have to change his outfit 5+ times a day. Other than that all is well

Last edited by Summerthyme; July 18th, 2011 at 09:11 AM.
July 18th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Ava is super is a super rotten spoiled brat lol. I love it, so that is not much of a gripe. However, she also poos after (and sometimes in the middle of) every diaper change. She is allergic to dairy, just like my other 2 were as babies, so no dairy products for me...I love icecream, cant have it.

She wants to nurse sooooooo much at night before going down for the night. Will not compromise screams until she gets what she wants! She gets so full she spits up a little. Pig.

She once tooted and poo came out. A little of it landed directly above my lip! Her navel still has not completely healed. It scabs up on a small portion then the scab comes off too early. She has thrush, a bit of a diaper yeast infection, and still a little jaundiced. We both are having issues but getting over them one day at a time!
July 18th, 2011, 10:16 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I swear she knows when I sit down to eat or have a coffee, because that is always exactly the time when she decides she needs to eat!
July 18th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Super Mommy
I was not expecting to have to change his clothes as often as I have to. He seems to pee out of his diaper. Not through the diaper, some how it just comes right out the side or top. From reading some of the responses above it may be because of the petroleum jelly from the circumcision. I've also had quite a few diaper blow outs. At least 1 - 2 a day. I'm doing baby laundry like crazy.
July 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lucy poops on clean diapers at least twice a day lol (but it's not a bother... Yay cloth diapers!! Haha)

I think my biggest gripe is my milk blister.... I think it's starting to heal (I seriously hope so!) but it still hurts so much to have her nurse on that breast!!!

And I guess the fact that I have to share my baby with family lol my parents are still here, and my inlays are flying in tomorrow! And then I have an aunt coming at the end of the month... Ughhh I just want to be left in peace to enjoy my baby and my husband!!! I'm really sad that all of his time off will be taken up by family visiting instead of relaxing and enjoying our princess...

July 18th, 2011, 01:05 PM
mommabirdof4
My biggest gripe is about how there is only one of me...I wish I could clone myself...all those times I complained with my singletons I chould slap myself...it is such a piece of cake compared to TWO babies.
July 18th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
The cluster feeding during the night and the fussiness at the same time are really frustrating! I so look forward to seeing the sky get lighter in the morning! He calms down by then. I also am not a fan of the constant pooping after each feeding, and going through the diapers so fast. Oh yeah, and the breastmilk shooting out his nose and mouth is no fun either.

July 18th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookeinpa View Post
Does anyone have any gripes?
My little girl loves to soil clean diapers. Every time I put on a new diaper she poos. I have been varying the time after feeding that I change her. Nothing works. On top of that, she's nailed me 3 times with projectile poo. I'm not enjoying this at all. At least she's a good nurser and not a cryer. It's not all bad.
my little girl does THE SAME THING!!ahhh! the last time was just yesterday too!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
July 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Projectile poo- I got pooed on twice in one diaper change and it shot a good 1 - 2 ft and squirt all over my body boob to hip. I was changing him in dim light and I had to wake DH just to finish the diaper change as I jumped in the shower at 4 am. It was ridiculously disgusting! Not on my lip though!

My dr. just had me use the petrolium jelly on his circumcision, not gauze... ??

Also, his balls are so giant (hahaha...) that no poop EVER gets anywhere near his circumcision. Is that normal? I have no idea!

July 19th, 2011, 05:12 PM
MissImpatientlyWaiting's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrasmommy View Post

My dr. just had me use the petrolium jelly on his circumcision, not gauze... ??

Also, his balls are so giant (hahaha...) that no poop EVER gets anywhere near his circumcision. Is that normal? I have no idea!
Ditto! it's normal!

I just hate nights. He won't sleep on his back so we have ended up co sleeping with him on my chest - not cool because I am a tummy sleeper. I have no idea what to do about it. I am so tired and my back is killing me. During the day he is the best baby though!

Ask me about MILK THREADS MATERNITY! - beautiful delivery gowns, nursing covers and more!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MilkThreads
July 19th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My only gripe would be nursing. Poppy has issues nursing on my left breast. The positions I have to get into to get her to nurse are insane! And even then she's not very effective. We're working on it, though.

July 19th, 2011, 07:02 PM
ppeacocks's Avatar Traci
i am so jealous of all your issues right now.. be happy you have a baby already to have issues.. some of us will finally push our babies out by christmas!
taryn (4)
travis august 4th
http://www.facebook.com/xtmacx
July 20th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh- just when I get her to sleep she'll start hiccupping- DS was the same and it just KILLS me! She also pops on and off my breast a lot so I have to keep sitting up to re-latch her, over and over and my back is so very sore! I guess it is a good core workout.

I think the toughest part of newborn-hood for me is the fact that she never seems content unless she's out cold. There are two settings- 1) asleep 2) fussy. Thankfully, she still sleeps a lot!

Thank you CupcakeJamie for my beautiful siggy!

July 20th, 2011, 07:17 AM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
Everytime we put him down, he starts to scream. He is so into this being cuddled thing. I feel so bad that he wants to be held and we can't hold him like he wants cause we need to take care of the other boys.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search