Sit and wait or encourage? Help?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, so now that I know how well I've progressed, and with the added membrane sweep and stretch... AND induction set for next Wednesday... I have to wonder... do I encourage going into labour on my own at this point or do I sit and wait letting baby bake longer?

I'm torn.

I'm all for letting baby do her own thing and come naturally, which is happening... but even if I'm 4cm now, that could go on for some time right? So do I encourage more dilation, contractions, etc... or leave it be and wait for induction day?

I am 37 weeks today, and will be 38 weeks and one day induction day...

Help?
July 19th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Happy Mommy
Id' say if you have the time and energy to eouncourage mroe to happen go for it if you are ready.

if not just wait, and enjoy this last week with just the 3 of you.
July 19th, 2011, 05:31 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would just chill and wait for my induction day. You already sound like everything is favorable for it, and will possibly be more so by next week! My main reasoning would be that I've heard GD can slow the lung development down a bit. I'm slightly worried about that with my guy but I'm sure either way would end up being fine!!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
July 19th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm.....honestly it would depend on how I FEEL...are you in much pain?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

July 19th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It depends What do you want more, for her to come naturally or induced. If you want it it to go as natural as possible I would try some things to get things going. If you are okay with the induction and want the time to get stuff done then wait.

July 19th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Hahaha! Thanks for the answers! It leaves me... undecided! Ahhh!

I'm not crazy in pain, or at least it's pain I'm used to at this point.

I'd like to go naturally rather than be induced... but I'd like her to bake as long as she can too.

Hmm... Maybe I'll sit tight for now and give it a go starting Monday? Compromise?
July 19th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That works, Just wait and if you accidentally fall on top of your DH and start having sex....ooops.

July 19th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
Id' say if you have the time and energy to eouncourage mroe to happen go for it if you are ready.

if not just wait, and enjoy this last week with just the 3 of you.
I agree.
July 19th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewDivine View Post
That works, Just wait and if you accidentally fall on top of your DH and start having sex....ooops.
Yeah, That's such a common accident right?
July 19th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey It could happen.

July 19th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Kimber77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kimber77
You girls are cracking me up. I think you've made a good choice Angie. Hope she surprises you and comes before your induction date.

Big brother Gage welcomes Karli Elizabeth 7 lbs 14 oz 20 inches on 8/1/11

July 19th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am a little confused though....can you ladies help me? This is such a FTM question but based on watching a baby story ( I know I know LOL!!!) It seems like they will give you an epi once you get to 4 or 5 cm.....and you are supposed to walk around for a week being 4cm dialated??? UHHHH......that is totally UNACCEPTABLE to my pain tolerance!!! LOL!!! (but obviously I have no CLUE what i am in for!!!!)......So anyways Angie I am surprised that you pain isn't that bad.....!!! (which is obviously a good thing for you!!!!)

July 19th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASCAL821 View Post
I am a little confused though....can you ladies help me? This is such a FTM question but based on watching a baby story ( I know I know LOL!!!) It seems like they will give you an epi once you get to 4 or 5 cm.....and you are supposed to walk around for a week being 4cm dialated??? UHHHH......that is totally UNACCEPTABLE to my pain tolerance!!! LOL!!! (but obviously I have no CLUE what i am in for!!!!)......So anyways Angie I am surprised that you pain isn't that bad.....!!! (which is obviously a good thing for you!!!!)
Hmm... I'm not sure about when epi's are placed actually? I'm sure someone else can answer that one though! Walking for a week?! LOL! I clearly am missing something by not watching this show???

Oh, and I AM in pain. Glass hip shattering pain... but it's bearable in the sense I know labour will be worse. I do have a decent pain tolerance, so I'm trying to ride on that for just a bit longer now.
July 19th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASCAL821 View Post
okay. dialating in an dof itself isn't painful, if you are contracting that can be painful. but th eone sI've been having are more annoying then they are painful.

so you can be a whatever dialation and not be in pain. does that make sense?

usually they wait till at least a 4, because before then, it's possible for things to stop or slow and then you get stuck and need pitocin after.
July 19th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama.Angie View Post
of course..how do you think we all got pregnant?

I would do the natural things that are enjoyable, and beneficial, like sex, and exercise (walking, swimming, etc) if you're undecided. That way, if it happens, great, if not, you're not overly disappointed, and haven't wasted time and money on other things. It sounds like you're in great shape for the induction next week already

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

July 19th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I firmly believe that any of those natural induction methods aren't going to work until your body/the baby are ready anyway. So go for it if you feel like it. lol If she's ready and you go into labor...great. If not, then you're in great shape for your induction. lol

(after all, I've been doing tons and tons and I'm not in labor... )

July 19th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama.Angie View Post
Well, he could just "fall" into your ladybits. Happens "all" the time according to Sheldon on Big Bang Theory.
July 19th, 2011, 11:47 PM
CherZ's Avatar Proud wife and mom....
Send a message via ICQ to CherZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaSunshine View Post
I would do the natural things that are enjoyable, and beneficial, like sex, and exercise (walking, swimming, etc) if you're undecided. That way, if it happens, great, if not, you're not overly disappointed, and haven't wasted time and money on other things. It sounds like you're in great shape for the induction next week already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Darling 3 View Post
Well, he could just "fall" into your ladybits. Happens "all" the time according to Sheldon on Big Bang Theory.
Bahahaaaaaa!!! Good one! really....it's true.....
July 20th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd try to encourage it because I am impatient, and inductions suck.

You can walk around 4cm dilated for weeks apparently! Ive been 4cm for almost 4 weeks. Ugh!
July 20th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Crunchymommy's Avatar Mama of 3 beautiful girls
Send a message via AIM to Crunchymommy Send a message via MSN to Crunchymommy Send a message via Yahoo to Crunchymommy
I would try and encourage labor to begin...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search