Pacifiers?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I now have a daughter!!!
Will you offer one to your baby? If so, what kind? Any restrictions?

I did offer one to Bryar, but only gave it to him when we were in a vehicle or at night-time. He didn't have it any other time. I'm considering allowing the same for this BG too, but I'm just not sure.......

July 19th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Happy Mommy
I'll offer. I have umm soothies? and then avent... I'll just play it by ear
July 19th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Erin loved her Nuk ones. Patrick got soothies but they were too heavy for him. I was surprised at how heavy they are, and I'm quite sure that's why he ditched it for his thumb at 3 months (which is still sucks on!), so I'm going to use Nuks for Allison. No restrictions. If she's been fed, and still wants to suck, she gets it. lol If I hadn't done that for the others, they'd have been constantly latched.

July 19th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I'll offer it, if she takes one thats fine, if not, thats ok too. I took it away from my son around 8 months though, and plan to try and do the same with her. I bought the Nuk ones too.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 2/1/15!

July 19th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nuk and no rules really. Kaiya eventually found her thumb and didn't want the paci anymore.

July 19th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will not offer one until we have breastfeeding established. Then after that I will let the baby suck whenever. I have some nuk, born free and tommie tippie, hopefully the baby will like one of those.
July 19th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll offer one....probably soothies, and eventually just use at nap/bedtime until I take it away for good.

July 19th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We plan on ONLY using for nap/bedtime... Not sure about car rides... right now she seems to enjoy them... pahaha. And that use is dependent on if she latches like a pro.
July 19th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I now have a daughter!!!
Yep, I just refreshed my memory as well, and it says 6 - 8 weeks old is an okay time to introduce a pacifier (for breastfed babies). I won't offer one anytime sooner than that.

With that said, I so look forward to breastfeeding again! Gosh, I went nearly 8 straight with breastfeeding with my three boys, and now haven't done it in almost a year!

Big changes coming!

July 19th, 2011, 07:51 PM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine-MA View Post
I'll offer one....probably soothies, and eventually just use at nap/bedtime until I take it away for good.
ditto!
July 19th, 2011, 08:02 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't thought about it much....I gave one to Collin pretty early on when I realized that he would otherwise be on my boob all day. However, he didn't really ever take to it and never really used one past 2 months old. He just preferred the boob

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

July 19th, 2011, 08:08 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought a couple different brands to try out. I'll be offering one, if he likes them that's fine and if not that's fine too. I found it nice to have with DD when we went out, in the car etc. But she didn't use it much past 3 months.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
July 19th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I'm only going to offer if he seems like he needs the extra sucking. Sarah and Daniel needed that; James did not.
July 19th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaSunshine View Post
I'll offer it, if she takes one thats fine, if not, thats ok too. I took it away from my son around 8 months though, and plan to try and do the same with her. I bought the Nuk ones too.
Great, you answered my question! I came out sucking my thumb my mom said and I didn't stop sucking my thumb till I was 10 yrs old and I'm pretty sure sometimes while I'm sleeping I still do...shhhh....I will deffinitely offer a paci, hopping she's not a thumb sucker like me, because I would rather take that away then cut off her thumb..haha.. but I was going to ask when is a good time to take away the paci...so thanks for answering that!
July 19th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Nami's Avatar ♥ Mommy of three ♥
I will be offering so it's up to baby is she takes or not.

July 19th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used Avent and Nuk with Nolan-he had free access at all times and I had a terrible time taking it away at 22mos. Brutal.

With the twins-they used the NICU gummies ones, and then the Natura rubber ones and only got them for sleep and carseats, and I took those away at 15mos per dental suggestion, much easier transition.

This baby will also get the Natura rubber ones, and I also bought the Avent gummie looking ones-I use pacis as part of my night self soothing sleep routine early-its hard at the beginning when they lose them, but amazing once they're 4-5mos and can find them again themselves-love it!
July 20th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I offered both DD and DS pacis, but they preferred their thumbs. I'll offer to this one as well, but not sure what she'll choose.
July 20th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will definitely offer. After having a colicky baby I will try whatever I can haha

Thanks Claire for my awesome siggy!!

July 20th, 2011, 05:41 AM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought Nuk pacifiers. After awhile, I'll only offer it at nap/bedtime and in the vehichle.
July 20th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't remember what ones we have, Gerber something... supposed to be most like nipples... they remind me of the ones they give out in the NICU. We're planning to offer, and are actually hoping this time around baby takes to them, because Kairi really didn't. They were more for play. With me not being sure about BFing because of the diabetes, I'd like it if baby had something they could rely on for comfort. It makes me feel lazy, but I just don't see a better way?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search