Weightloss for the first time

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2011, 09:14 PM
SEAmama's Avatar Veteran
This is a hard one. I haven't ever had issues with weight but since Avery... well, that's not true. Since I become much more sedentary being home with Avery, My weight has sky rocketed. I am a good 25 lbs over my goal weight and 10 lbs over my previous top weight. I guess it doesn't sound like much but to me it's disheartening.

I started an exercise routine last week, Nikki's Baby Bootie Camp. I LOVE it! BUT it does kick your bootie. I was super sore for 4 days after my first workout. My husband and I have also started eating much better. I'm on around 1500 calories a day plus exercise so my net calories are around 1280. I have crazy cravings sometimes but so far I've lost roughly 3 lbs. Yay! (That's over about 2 weeks or so)

Has anyone else used the Baby Bootie Camp? How'd it work out for you?

July 23rd, 2011, 07:26 AM
SarahLMC's Avatar Super Mommy
I have not used the Baby Bootie Camp. But, I do understand what you are talking about being frustrated with weight gain. When I started trying to loose weight again, I was 9 lbs over my highest weight. It has been about 6 weeks, and I have lost 14 pounds so far. 4 pounds to go until prepregnancy weight. Although, I had already put on a few pounds before getting pregnant, so I still have a total of about 15-20 pounds to lose. I am losing about 1-2 pounds a week on average, and I think that's a good amount, and shouldn't be too hard to maintain. I eat on average 1200-1400 calories a day. I do not really work out, but I have a pretty active lifestyle. I use resistance bands to try to tone. I don't really know if it is working or not, lol.

Sarah Mom to Wyatt and Andrew, wife to Robert

Follow our Blog at www.LiveForThoseMoments.com

July 25th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I never had to worry about my weight either until after having babies.

I haven't done Baby Bootie Camp, but I have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I have done 28 times and lost about 7-8 pounds since I started it. I am to my pre-baby weight, but want to lose about 3 more pounds to get to my wedding day weight. I also try to keep my calories at about 1200 a day. Some days are better than others.

Thank you Katarina for my beautiful Siggy!

Tags
exercise , march 11 weightloss

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search