Ebay Woes

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
So I listed Quinn's collectible Barbies on Ebay. Which is really hard in it's own right. I need the money to buy a new car seat, as I want a nice Graco Infant seat 35 so Beau can be rear facing as long as possible. Scarlett's snug ride 35 went to the baby sitters and never came back.

Any way I listed the Barbies as a lot but it is a complete set of the Barbie/ Ken Wizard of Oz Barbies. I bought them for her eight to ten years ago and stored them in a box in her closet. Since she has been gone two and a half years they are just taking up space and I need a car seat more right now and they just make me cry any way.

So the lot sold for $120 after $10.74 shipping , $12.25 Ebay fees and whatever paypal takes (I did “free shipping”). I was going to have enough to buy the car seat if I could get a good deal. So far the best deal is $110. I was taking the “Sell so you can Buy” advertising on Ebay to heart and trying to get the car seat there.

So after my sale Paypal put a hold on my account for 21 days and sure enough Ebay has had a complaint filed. The seller is not happy with the condition of the Barbie doll boxes. They want a 50% refund on the item. Which would put the value of each pristine in the box doll in an aged box at about $7 per doll.

So as far as I can tell between the taking the pictures, listing the item, wrapping the item, going to the mail box, and now dealing with complaint filed. Then either dealing with a reduction, refund or return. Not to mention the hit my blood pressure has taken. I would have been better off dropping the lot of five Barbies in to my trash can it only cost $21 a month.

So if anyone is into dumpster diving my trash man comes at about 1pm on Wednesday, and there should be some nice older Barbies on top to make sure there is enough room for all the crappy diapers in my life first.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...view=all&tid=0

Oh this is what the buyer had to say.

Quote:
I just received the wizard of oz set that I ordered from you. I understnd that they were described as "the boxes show their age". But I do not feel that the pictures represent how the boxes actually look. I am not happy with the condition of these and do not feel they are worth what I paid for them, I wanted to see if we can come to some sort of resolution before bad feedback is left, or E-bay is contacted unnecesarily.

Thank You,
So is this common?
Am I wrong to feel that I am about to be scammed?
What solutions does Ebay look at to deal with this kind of issue?
I am wrong to just think Ebay is not worth selling my items with?

August 11th, 2011, 11:59 AM
ResilientSmile's Avatar Super Mommy
I feel like the buyers/sellers on ebay are hit and miss. Even though you described the wear of the boxes she wasn't satisfied with them when she received them. Perhaps she was feeling buyers remorse? I don't have any advice except I also think selling on ebay is a PITA by the time you pay for packing supplies, shipping, and driving to the local post office. Oh, and paypal has a hold on $140 worth of things I have sold recently and I have no negative feedback. Go figure!

Have you decided what you are going to do?
August 22nd, 2011, 12:17 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I got the dolls back on Saturday while I was sleeping. They appear as if they have been shipped twice, a little more damaged than they started. So really no complaints there.

So when I went to my Ebay account I owe Ebay $120 that they have refunded the buyer. The $120 is still on hold at Paypal. However in order to clear that up I have to PAY ebay the $120 out of my pocket and then they will release the hold that paypal has on those funds. However I don't have a good feeling about doing this as I still feel this was a scam. I think the reason PayPal hasn't paid ebay is because I think that PayPal doesn't really have the money. Perhaps the buyer cancelled the transaction via their credit card?

So the second part of the issue, $12.25 fee that Ebay charges for the transaction. Ok I get that I owe that and I am not happy about it. Ebay very carfully explained it me that had I just issues the refund I wouldn't owe that fee. Ok I owe the fee.

However, I just updated my account and got everything set up to sell because this is my first item I listed. Any way so I thought my Ebay fees would be charged to my PayPal account as they would not let me set up the selling side of the account without updating my credit card information. However instead of charging my pay pal or my current credit card information, they charged an old account that was registered in 2007. Ok in order to sell on Ebay I to update that information, however because it was an old expired account I was also charged a $15.50 return service.

So I am out $10.78 shipping, $3.78 for PayPal, I owe $12.25 Ebay fee, and $15.50 return fee and I still have to give Ebay $120 cash for a grand total of $162.31. I just have a bad feeling that if I update my information that they are going to charge me $147.25 that I don't have.

Any way that is after spending all morning on this issue. So this afternoon I am starting phase two calling Paypal and asking why they haven't given Ebay the $120 in question, and see if they will do a direct release.

OK so I found yesterday there was an issue with the Ebay fee going through. So my husband got the Ebay number which basically directs you back to Ebay on line and after looking all over for Ebay number he talked to several differnt people but could not get customer service. In order to get customer service you have to trip around ebay on line long enough to trip the option to contact a person, then they pop the number up with a pin number so you can speak with a real live person.

I am feeling dazed and confused.

August 22nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I would NOT pay ebay the money. I don't care what the situation. Paypal has a hold on the money. They want the money back, they have to get it from paypal. I would feel like it was a huge scam as well, if this were going on. Maybe one of these numbers will work? 1-800-322-9266 or 1-888-749-3229. Or the Live Help button? What about talking to someone at Paypal, rather than eBy?

August 22nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Sounds like buyer's remorse.

Ebay owns Paypal and they are more than capable of taking the money from PP. It kinda sounds like to me the buyer did a charge back to their CC, thus holding your funds. Now the buyer complains to ebay wanting money back. So they will be not only getting their money back, but also making money.

made by BAM

August 22nd, 2011, 04:58 PM
MrsR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a crap situation for you. That's why I won't sell anything on ebay, it seems like sellers have no protection from people either looking to scam them or people suffering from buyers remorse.

Thank you so much to tasha_mae for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search