OMG...OXYGEN please!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2011, 07:55 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Are any other mamas having an intense issue with breathing? This is my biggest and really only discomfort in pregnancy and it did not happen in Liam's at all.

I am really tall, so I assumed I would have room for the baby AND my lungs. But oh-my-gosh. I seriously feel like I am suffocating almost all the time. I have to lay down on the floor a lot to stretch out the area and get more air in my lungs. Driving is becoming uncomfortable because I am very short of breath. I can no longer sit on the couch because of the compression, only the recliner, leaned back to give everything more room.

Wow!! I can totally handle it for another 7-9 weeks (if he is on time or late). But man...I never realized how intense the feeling of not-breathing could be.

Tell me I am not the only one!!
August 19th, 2011, 09:39 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
I'm really tall too - I wonder if it's worse for us somehow?? I have been getting really winded too and I work out almost every day! It's just insane. I feel like I am going to die just reading out loud lol!

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
August 19th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
You are not the only one. I even woke up around 1 this morning because I kept gasping for air. Couldn't get back to sleep for almost 2 hours. It's getting crazy! I've never had this in my 3 other pregnancies, so it's a new one to me. I'm quite short, and short waisted to go with it. There is literally an inch, if that, between my hip bone and my ribs. LOL So I suppose I'm surprised I haven't experienced it before. I'll deal for 2 more months. Whatever, but it sure is annoying!

My Ovulation Chart

August 19th, 2011, 11:07 AM
LuvMyToriBug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been short of breath lately also!! It is very uncomfortable, so, no you are not alone!!

August 19th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Veteran
I thought I was going to choke with lack of oxygen this morning .... I hate it .... it is not only you and I am only average height
August 19th, 2011, 12:06 PM
MustangTania's Avatar "Hope"
I've been having lots of shortness of breath. It's so uncomfortable.

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!**
August 19th, 2011, 12:40 PM
purplelady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yup count me in. i dont remember having it this bad or at all with my other pregnancies. i told hubby last night that i feel like i need an inhaler or something, as it reminds me of the time i had bronchitis only with out the congestion.

mom to Tru(12), Rienn (8), Rowan (3) and twin angels: Valhalla grace & Kjartan michael 12-5-10 (due 6/20/11)
NFC west Division champions '04,'05,'06,'07
August 19th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been having that too--reading a book to Jim is getting hard because when I sit on his bed, I'm in a position where I can't get enough air in and I feel winded.

August 19th, 2011, 06:34 PM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup, me too. It seems to be harder for me in the mornings, as well, don't exactly know why....

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
August 19th, 2011, 07:18 PM
mom2njia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mom2njia
I can't breathe at all, to the point I am dizzy and thought I was having bp issues. I am SHORT 5 1. Turns out she is breech with her head IN my diaphragm. I literally have no room to take a breath.

my blog
August 19th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Veteran
I am using an inhaler at the moments I couldn't live with out and the last time I had one was 5 years ago
August 19th, 2011, 11:49 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
I am tallish [5'7"] but I have a short torso, and I have been having problems getting enough air for weeks now =[
August 20th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Mom to Girls
I feel it the most when I'm just laying down. When I finally get into a position, I'm gasping for air.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy
August 20th, 2011, 12:04 PM
east to west coast's Avatar ~Melissa~
I get out of breath most consistently about 20 min. after I eat (which I guess is normal in pregnancy). But, some days (not many, thankfully) I feel like I'm breathing through a straw all day. It's weird- I never feel out of breath during or after exercise, though.

Thank you, MommaDucks, for my lovely siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search