A lot less fetal movement

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2011, 04:12 AM
MustangTania's Avatar "Hope"
I'm a little nervous. Gia hasn't moved much in the past 2-3 days. I have felt some movement but very little. Not even hiccups which is very very unlike her. I'm trying not to worry since I know she's getting bigger and has less room. Should I be concerned?

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!**
August 20th, 2011, 04:34 AM
mom2njia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mom2njia
This part of why i was in l&d, Bella has gotten WAY more quiet. They said all was normal though. She told me to pick her most active time of day and do a kick count after that dont worry.

my blog
August 20th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
as long as you are able to pass a kick count (10 movements in 2 hours) i wouldnt worry, like you said shes running out of room to move in there!

August 20th, 2011, 05:06 AM
meganmacg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This whole pg has been worrisome for me bc she's not a big mover. My doc said the same that everyone else said. Do the kick count test when she's active.

August 20th, 2011, 05:53 AM
ItsFinallyOct's Avatar Super Mommy
I went to the Dr yesterday for the same thing. It had been 2 days since any big movements..and I barely felt any, then yesterday morning I couldn't get 1 movement. So HB check...fine...NST...fine, and they did an US to see how my fluids were, and of course baby turns into a busy bee then, kicking moving rolling. Baby passed 8 out of 8 tests for breathing, movement, etc. TODAY....back to normal. I TOTALLLY Feel for you, and I'm sure this will happen often, but if you have insurance and it won't break you to go in and get checked..you might as well!
August 20th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Joanna1127's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Joanna1127
I would do the kick counts (10 movements in 2 hours) and use that to judge if you should go in. You could also always call your OB to see what they recommend.
August 20th, 2011, 06:53 AM
blessedmom080911's Avatar Excitedly Expecting #3!
I know Alivia has some quiet days too and it makes me worry. But then she will go back to her normal self so I just chalk it up to lazy days. If you're concerned you could always go get checked out.

August 20th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I definitely am not feeling 10 movements in 2 hours...much less than that. And I can't do a kick count because what little movement I am feeling isn't kicks. It's more like her moving her hands or something. I just drank a full glass of orange juice and still nothing and I'm moving my belly to try to get her to move. It's so scary. ER visits are costing us about $250-$300 a visit so it is pretty expensive but if I don't feel her moving more soon, I'm going to call DH and tell him that when he gets home from work, I will have to call the OB and see what they say.

August 20th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Brooke hasn't moved much lately either and I was also wodering if that was normal. Even when she moves a lot i don't think i can count 10 movements in two hours. M doctor said everything was fine tho.

August 20th, 2011, 09:22 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My baby does the same thing...if your worried I would call your doctor...You shouldn't have to go to the ER, i'm sure they would send you to L&D...I hope she's just being quiet

August 20th, 2011, 09:41 AM
east to west coast's Avatar ~Melissa~
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganMomof5 View Post
My baby does the same thing...if your worried I would call your doctor...You shouldn't have to go to the ER, i'm sure they would send you to L&D...I hope she's just being quiet
Ditto! It's better to get it checked out then to worry. I really hope everything's okay!

Thank you, MommaDucks, for my lovely siggy
August 20th, 2011, 10:15 AM
lindz_fay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My usually very active baby has done that 2 times to me in the last week. Had me almost scared enough to go but then the next day he is extra active. Hope all is ok I am sure it is but it is never bad to call to ease your mind.

thank you bri_91 for my siggy

August 20th, 2011, 01:39 PM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate to be the Big Bad Wolf here, but seriously, I think you should get checked out. I know of too many women who have had third trimester losses (stillborn babies) and they regret that they didn't take a decrease in movement more seriously. It could be nothing. I hope it's nothing, just a lazy day. But it could also be something very serious.

My doctor told me definitively yesterday that if I can't count 10 kicks in two hours that I need to come in for monitoring. I was concerned that my baby's kicks have slowed from 10 in 3 or 4 minutes to 10 in 7 or 8 minutes...he told me that most babies get 10 within 15 minutes, but the true concern is if you don't get 10 in two hours.

Better safe than sorry, and it's true - your insurance should cover a trip to L&D for decreased fetal movement at this point. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
August 20th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Later this afternoon, she started moving alot and got the hiccups. She's moving as I'm typing this so I'm guessing it was just laziness or lack of room. Should it continue, I will definitely call my OB. Thanks everyone for the suggestions and kind words!

August 20th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad she started moving for you, Tania. When doing the kick counts, any movement counts, not just full blown kicks. I had a couple of days last week when my LO wasn't moving much and I started to get worried, too. She did make enough slight movements to pass the kick count test, though, and now she has gone back to being ninja baby (I think she may have changed position).

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search