Need some gift help!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2011, 05:24 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
So my baby shower is next weekend and I wanted to get a gift for my mom and mother in law to give to them after the shower. My mom is hosting the shower and her gift for that will be a mani/pedi and dinner the night before.

But, I want to get them both something baby related. We're going to get my mom a car seat base, because she is local and will be babysitting a lot (she'll do part time care for us when she retires in 9 months). My MIL though lives out of town, and really isn't a super sentimental person. So we thought a webcam would be good so she could see the baby more, but she already has one. What else could we get her? I am totally drawing a blank. Any time she sees the baby, we'll be there (so she won't need a car seat base or pack n play, etc). And, like I said, she's not very sentimental (my mom suggested a scrapbook of the baby thus far and then to add pages to it later for her) and I don't want to lose my u/s pics that I have.

Ideas?? DH and I are totally at a loss!!

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
August 20th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Mom to Girls
If your not doing the scrapbook because of the U/s pics then you can can your u/s or take a pic. Do then you have copies to use for other things. That what I use for albums/ scrap book.

Does she like jewelry? I can only think of something that says Grandma on it. When you say baby related, does that mean you want her to have something the baby can use when he visits?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy
August 20th, 2011, 06:35 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
well we arent doing the scrapbook idea because she just isnt really a sentimental person, but i like the jewelry thing...

as far as baby-related, we are open to anything along the by lines - so if it makes it easier when she visits or we visit, or something she can use while at home to connect with the baby, etc.

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
August 20th, 2011, 08:27 AM
5 girls + 1 boy
A scrap book would be really sweet, can you scan the ultrasound pictures and then print them out so you have copies?

August 20th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What about a really nice picture frame with an ultrasound pic in it. Then you can update the photo as the baby gets older. Everyone is different, but my mom would like something that says grandmother like a bag to carry or a sweatshirt.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search