what stroller did you get?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What stroller did you get or are you planning on getting? I was looking at getting either a graco flip it or safety first jaunt travel system, but IDK. What do you like or dislike about yours?

August 20th, 2011, 03:27 PM
aka Steph
We just got a Graco Frame stroller to plop the carseat in, found it was MUCH easier with DD then lugging around the stroller.

When he outgrows his carseat we'll be buying a nice stroller, maybe a Baby planet.

Wifey to Adam. Mama to Danica, Liam and Stepmama to Lilith

August 20th, 2011, 03:28 PM
soon to be mommy of four!
VISTA Stroller

I have this one, Uppa Baby Vista and love it. I am very picky about my strollers.
I got it for my last baby, no complaints. Looks great (still like new, and I currently use it for my 22 mth old), wheels easily, very light, easy to fold, doesnt take up too much room, and comes with a bassinet too.

we have it in "mica" colour (silver)
son, born Oct. 2, 2009
and expecting baby #4: 10/10/2011!!

one angel baby

Make a pregnancy ticker

August 20th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
we have a Phil and Teds Dash, I really like it, when Ross was born we bought a Quinny 4 XL, and I LOVED that stroller, its awesome but we needed a double stroller so it had to go, i wish they made a double

August 20th, 2011, 04:13 PM
lindz_fay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got this one

Walmart.com: Jeep - Liberty Limited Stroller, Spark Green: Strollers

Love that you can put your infant seat righ into it and it seems to grow right along with baby. I also loved that it can be used when I start jogging and walking again.

thank you bri_91 for my siggy

August 20th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Veteran
i just got a double stoller. graco in pippin it matches the car seat

August 20th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Mom to Girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
We just got a Graco Frame stroller to plop the carseat in, found it was MUCH easier with DD then lugging around the stroller.

When he outgrows his carseat we'll be buying a nice stroller, maybe a Baby planet.
I think I may that route this time. And then get a stroller when we grow our of carseat.

I've sold all our past strollers. First was a graco that came with the travel system. Then we had a combi for when DD was about 9 months. It was much lighter and smaller. When DD2 was born we got the graco duo quattro, that turned out to be too long and heavy. Got a baby trend double jogger. That was great for outdoor outings, Zoo, park, walks, etc. Sold that a while ago when we stopped using it.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy
August 20th, 2011, 05:57 PM
5 girls + 1 boy
I got the graco quattro tour travel system. Its big, which Im not crazy about since I have a little trunk but other than that, Im happy with it.

August 20th, 2011, 06:54 PM
MrsR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just using the car seat and a frame at first. Then we have an Avila left over from DS that we'll be using.

And I found this Kolcraft Tour Sport at a church rummage sale for $8. It's missing the cup holder and the sun shade, but other than that it looks brand new.

Thank you so much to tasha_mae for my adorable signature!

August 20th, 2011, 07:21 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got the Contours Options Tandem Stroller.. We needed a double and it was exactly what I wanted!! Contours Options Tandem Stroller - Ruby : Target and to make it even better, we got it on craigslist!

August 20th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I have a jeep jogger that I love and a combi which is super tiny folds great but is still padded and very comfty not to mention my infant carrier snaps in
I will keep the combi if I need I can put Elise in it and the baby in a carrier or Elise can walk ( she does really well staying with me ) and baby can go in the stroller but I am waiting on getting a double jogger as I won't be jogging in the snow in the middle of winter anyway

August 21st, 2011, 06:59 AM
blessedmom080911's Avatar Excitedly Expecting #3!
We have the graco duo quarto or something like that. And the stroller than came with our first travel system (with dd1) pretty much matches our carseat this time around and it fits so we will us that. When DH and I take all girls somewhere we will use both, when it's just one of us, we will take double and the 3 year will walk

August 21st, 2011, 08:18 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We have a double Graco Quattro Tour stroller. I used the double a lot with Julia and Liam before we got pregnant (it was actually not purchased for this baby at all). It is okay...super heavy. But it will work for when I need both boys in it. I can't see it being our everyday stroller. Especially now that Liam is getting really good at walking with me and I plan on wearing the baby a lot.

We have the single that came with the travel system and that one is my favorite. It is big, but easy to push, unfold/fold, and Liam likes it best. I use that one the most and used it quite a bit when he was younger. I will probably keep that one in our truck for day-to-day traveling. I can either wear the baby and put Liam in it or I can put the baby/carseat in it and let Liam walk.

We also have a really old "MartinElle" stroller that I got for $10 at a yard sale. I use it when I go to appts or something that I need Liam contained for. It is not the greatest, but gets the job done and is super-light. It is easy to fold/unfold and does not take up near the space that our main stroller does.

We have a Contours single stroller (like the person posted up there, just in single form) and it stays at my folks house. I like that one for walking long distances, since it is easy to steer. The only issue is Liam already looks to be outgrowing it. His feet are longer than the bottom of the seat and he sorta looks huge in it. So I imagine we won't use it for him anymore.

I have to say I have never really had a stroller that I "loved." But it has not been a big deal to me. We don't use them that often (Liam still likes to be worn and I hope the new guy does too). As long as you have a basic one you can use when you need it, you will be fine
August 21st, 2011, 09:25 AM
east to west coast's Avatar ~Melissa~
We're holding out for the BOB revolution jogging stroller. It's silly expensive, but it will be the only stroller that we own and will allow us to take the baby on hiking trails, the beach, and running. Someone was nice enough to buy us the car seat adapter for our baby shower.

Thank you, MommaDucks, for my lovely siggy
August 21st, 2011, 10:13 AM
Super Mommy
Mine has the graco Stylus in it...it's still in the box . We had a graco with DD and then the Graco duoglider when #2 came. I liked them so I'm sure I'll like this one too!

I did look at the flip it's but they seemed flimsy compared to this one (and others). Plus realistically for me, as long as the baby is young enough to be content looking at me, they will be in the infant seat anyway, which faces menin the stroller. By the time they get to an age where I put them in without the infant seat (6m or so) they are more content forward facing and people watching that said, my friend has a peg perego that flips and she has put her dd in froma young age and she likes hers. But she is one to carry her baby everywhere...With four other kids I don't have that luxury lol! Baby will either be in the infant seat/stroller or moby!

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13
August 21st, 2011, 02:20 PM
BeachBaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got a Graco travel system with DS. I like it b/c the infant carrier fits in the stroller and comes out so easily. I also chose it b/c the weight for the stroller goes up pretty high, so I knew I'd get a lot of use out of it. It collapses and opens easy.

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 21st, 2011, 09:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
We have a Peg Perego Pliko matic. We got it as part of a travel system with our oldest 10 years ago. I LOVE it! Unfortunately, it looks 10 years old. And, we no longer have a car seat to go with it, as the first one is expired, and the second one was in a car accident. It is certainly functional, in fact I used it just a few days ago. However, I would love to get a new one. But if we did, I'd go ahead and get the infant carseat to go with it, and that is speeeeendy! So, we'll see. Most likely we'll just make do with what we have. I baby wear a lot anyway.

My Ovulation Chart

August 22nd, 2011, 08:32 AM
Tina_Marie's Avatar Mommy2Boys
The baby trend sit n stand! I love it

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy

August 22nd, 2011, 02:07 PM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
After polling many family/friends/strangers in the store, we went with the snap-in system as well. It seems to be a really good choice for lightweight, easy to use strollers. We can get a "real" stroller later after Ducky grows out of the infant seat.

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
August 22nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When we had Jim, we got a Graco travel system. I discovered quickly that I am not a fan of travel system strollers because they're just so huge, it feels like driving a bus. So, when he was about 9 months old, I picked up a Peg Perego stroller off of Craig's List. It's OK but still pretty big and heavy and hard to open/close. So then I decided it was time to get the most lightweight tiny stroller I could find, one that had one-hand open and close. I went with a Maclaren Volo, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't recline, but honestly, we really don't miss that feature much.

Now that we're having a second, we picked up a Joovy Caboose Ultralight (a sit'n'stand stroller) off of Craig's List. I will reserve full judgment until I try it out, but it seems nice and it's not super heavy. Although, it's not nearly as tiny as our Maclaren. I figure we'll probably get a year or so out of the Joovy before Jim is too big to really be using it, and then we'll be right back to the Maclaren.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search